Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2006, 08:25   #1
God Member

2BR- Doing it live on Saturday??

Are the 'Dynamic Duo' serving up another sumptuous live broadcast of the Walsall slaughter?I need to know to set my alarm or not.:engsmil:
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2006, 12:19   #2
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: 2BR- Doing it live on Saturday??

I hate to bring bad news, but I'm afraid not. We will have plenty of Stanley on the sports show, but the commentary game is Plymouth against Burnley.
There will be regular updates from Stanley - Walsall though, and Karen will be alongside me to add her trademark dose of mania to proceedings...
So Kiwi John, I guess you can have a lie in.... Sorry

However, a bit of better news. Subject to press facilties and getting permission from the other club (and so far negotiations are proving to be a bit interesting...), 2BR hopes to bring full match commentary from Edgar Street a week tomorrow. I nearly got beaten up there last year! Should be fun!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 12:30   #3
God Member

I think we all nearly got beaten up at Hereford Dan!
Old 20-10-2006, 12:33   #4
Dan
Senior Member+

But to be fair, most of you weren't in the press box, in the main stand, surrounded by home fans and calling the ref clueless and the Hereford players dishonest on live radio!!!!!!!!!!!
Not exactly a recipe for a harmonious life

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 20-10-2006, 12:34   #5
God Member

neither did you have to run the gauntlet of hate through the Hereford fans on the car park and in the surrounding pubs! Hereford, the modern day Barrow?
Old 20-10-2006, 12:39   #6
God Member

And yet we get Herford fans on here asking why we don't like them very much???
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 13:26   #7

Talking Re: 2BR- Doing it live on Saturday??

accymad........ to misquote ALI G........." is it coz I is Welsh?"
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 13:49   #8
Member.

This is discrimination Dan. Why do we have to suffer the slings and arrows of dingle abuse when you should be covering Stanley?

Dare I ask is anyone else covering the match tomorrow? I can’t be there because I’ll be up to my knees in horse and sheep **** down on the farm.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 14:07   #9
Dan
Senior Member+

Like I said, best we can do for you is updates Doug. It's about money unfortunately. Burnley are in the Championship, and so are more profitable I know. It sucks...
... however, you can still tune in and listen to the updates when they happen if you want.
And just ask yourself - how many local stations can say they are approaching double figures for Stanley commentaries already??
We do our best for you folks.

- Barry Davies

- Brian Moore
Old 20-10-2006, 14:14   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
how many local stations can say they are approaching double figures for Stanley commentaries already??
9 listeners???
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 14:17   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
9 listeners???

nice one lee
Old 20-10-2006, 14:38   #12
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Like I said, best we can do for you is updates Doug. It's about money unfortunately. Burnley are in the Championship, and so are more profitable I know. It sucks...
... however, you can still tune in and listen to the updates when they happen if you want.
And just ask yourself - how many local stations can say they are approaching double figures for Stanley commentaries already??
Cheers Dan, the effort you and the station put in is appreciated, but for Christ sake don’t let the dingles know I’ll be listening or I’ll never live it down at work…..

One question I have to ask? Can I get 2br in Garstang??????

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-10-2006, 14:43   #13
Member.

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
I don't think we need to worry about that situation for too much longer, Another season or two and they will be below us in the table.

Sweet dreams are made of these, so they say. On Stanley, on up where you belong.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 20-10-2006, 16:36   #14
Junior Member+

2BR can't be picked up in Garstang, Doug.

Radio Lancs from there and i'm fairly sure the guy who does Radio Lancs Stanley matches is from Garstang.
dizzyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 17:11   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
I hate to bring bad news, but I'm afraid not. We will have plenty of Stanley on the sports show, but the commentary game is Plymouth against Burnley.
There will be regular updates from Stanley - Walsall though, and Karen will be alongside me to add her trademark dose of mania to proceedings...
So Kiwi John, I guess you can have a lie in.... Sorry

However, a bit of better news. Subject to press facilties and getting permission from the other club (and so far negotiations are proving to be a bit interesting...), 2BR hopes to bring full match commentary from Edgar Street a week tomorrow. I nearly got beaten up there last year! Should be fun!
BUMMA .Guess I will have to limit myself to text coverage,(which for some reason is a minute or so ahead of the commentry ).A lie-in is not possible nowdays as I have a drug called STANLEY cursing through my veins.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..