Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 23:11   #16

Re: Relocate to where?

What about building the new ground in Antley when they level most of it as part of the Princess Street Project? It's nice and flat there.
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2006, 08:42   #17
Senior Member+

Anywhere where there are no thieving gits to smash ur car window and preferably with stewarded car parking, so that rules out Accy then - joking apart, I have heard the old power station site could not be used for 10 years after it was demolished - well guess what, its 10 years ago since it was demolished - so Huncoat it is, especially with the links to the Highway in the sky and the M65

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:47   #18
Resting in Peace

We ain't going to get the bloody miserable Accy population to flock to a stadium which is even further away than the present ground! *******.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:53   #19

Top o' coppice instead of those silly ideas of a panoptican. floodlights would be seen for miles
Old 08-12-2006, 11:57   #20
God Member

The old dairies on Eastgate would have been the best ever place - til Poundland moved in!
Old 08-12-2006, 12:17   #21
God Member

Milnshaw park, waste of space nowadays, anyone been recently - what a mess

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 13:42   #22
God Member

ASDA is the biggest eyesore in Accy; knock it down and build the stadium on the site, keeping most of the carpark. Everyone benefits - the drum can be played without the neighbours complaining, there will be plently of parking, the shops and market in the town centre will be busy again and the pound stores will be out of business.

Everyones a winner!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 14:53   #23

A few good ideas here.

Not keen on King Georges - I like them the way they are.

Asdas would be good to flatten and redevelop - and Rawtenstall is only just up the road for shopping anyway. Nice and central.

I'd also like to flatten Tescos on Blackburn and turn it back into the stock car track!

The back of the coppice would be ok but we'd suffer from exposure without a decent roof!

Seriously, motorway access should not be a major consideration for ground location - most of us like a pint or two and should therefore not be driving. We need somewhere within walking distance of the town centre or no more than one bus ride away.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 17:02   #24
Senior Member+

the place next to the fes would be great however Highams is a good space and like shakermaker said its right near a main road!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:53   #25
Senior Member+

Just out of interest sake, have any of you tried a town centre stadium (JJB in Wigan springs to mind) God awful driving conditions for the locals and parking is rubbish unless you don't mind paying Whelan. OK so they have a few more attending their matches, but, when you consider that the stadium is next to 2 retail parks, a cinema complex and major bingo hall as well as the usual restaraunts etc etc it adds up to a nightmare. Keep football stadia out of town which is why I favour the old Power Station site. Rail and road access is pretty good, bus access aint too shoddy either Huncoats pubs are not that far away so whats the problem?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:53   #26
God Member

Relocation? lets get attendances up and a roof in place first. saturdays gate was dismal
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:15   #27

Huncoat Power Station is being turned into a recycling centre but there are acres of unused land behind the railway pub which would be ideal, it's quite far back so the drum would be no problem and it's big enough to build a stadium and car park, it's close to the motorway, train station and the pub and best of all within walking distance of my house.........
nadsw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 14:16   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadsw2002 View Post
Huncoat Power Station is being turned into a recycling centre but there are acres of unused land behind the railway pub which would be ideal, it's quite far back so the drum would be no problem and it's big enough to build a stadium and car park, it's close to the motorway, train station and the pub and best of all within walking distance of my house.........

But you ahve to think about all the young kids that come on there own how would they get over to huncoat?
Old 11-12-2006, 15:32   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_ASFC View Post
But you ahve to think about all the young kids that come on there own how would they get over to huncoat?
Shortcut from FES now through Huncoat industrial estate 2 minutes walk or there's a bus every 5 minutes from town!
nadsw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 15:53   #30
God Member

With current crowd numbers at the FES,building a new stadium is like building a double garage for a bicycle....
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..