Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 12:10   #16
God Member

Re: Rovers Reduce Season Ticket Prices

It could have a slight affect on Stanley.. but maybe it's the future and has to be done. I watched Rovers v Arsenal on telly along with another million armchair bods, and by the looks of the Blackburn end a few hundered Rover's fans.. OK it's a cup game and may not affect season tickets.. but I'm talkin about playing Arsenal in the latter stages of the FA cup.. and empty seats!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2007, 12:16   #17

Premiership football is seriously overpriced, and when these prices come close to division 3 football, doesnt that show overprice in that league?

Im going to watch a quarter final next week for £5, my dad will be watching for £15, it would be more expensive for us to watch a divisino 3 game at the IES

thats why i aint been stanley for ages
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:25   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Oh gawd dont want to see me breakfast come back for this load of I'd rather be shot, & even before i'd step anywhere near that ground even if stanley were playing there

SO stanleys moneys save here Even me dad goes to stanley more now rather than those rubbish, come on maccy bout time u saw sence an all!!!
ha ha i will never sence i will allways follow rovers but have been on stanley many times im glad they have droped prices because the earnings in this area are a lot lower than places like manchester ect
Old 02-03-2007, 12:29   #19
God Member

Wynonie.. whenwe are talking about a £25 quid difference in a season ticket to watch a Prem team that will host the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea.. (no offence but) compare to what Accy Stan can offer...if Rovers reduce the price of season tickets I presume it's a business/supply demand decision.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:31   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Wynonie.. whenwe are talking about a £25 quid difference in a season ticket to watch a Prem team that will host the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea.. (no offence but) compare to what Accy Stan can offer...if Rovers reduce the price of season tickets I presume it's a business/supply demand decision.
true thats it bums on seats
Old 02-03-2007, 12:36   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Who'd wanna pay do much to watch divers, ballerina's...oh & lilly savage??? Premiership football is seriously not football anymore but battle of cheating & how expensive your players are, also clubs being taken over by foreigners!!

Football is championship downwards!!
Millions of people around the world.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:43   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
But why are the premiership able to offer price reductions like this? Because they've now got an even bigger slice of the pie from Sky with an extra £30 million per club. In other words, they're being greedy as usual and sod the little clubs. Pretty shortsighted in my view, because the smaller clubs are often a valuable source of young, fresh playing talent. And football isn't a business in the way that, say, supermarkets are a business. There's such a thing as loyalty - a commodity which is sadly in very, very short supply in Accrington.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:45   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
But why are the premiership able to offer price reductions like this? Because they've now got an even bigger slice of the pie from Sky with an extra £30 million per club. In other words, they're being greedy as usual and sod the little clubs. Pretty shortsighted in my view, because the smaller clubs are often a valuable source of young, fresh playing talent. And football isn't a business in the way that, say, supermarkets are a business. There's such a thing as loyalty - a commodity which is sadly in very, very short supply in Accrington.

£30m extra a year , we wish

John williams expects around £5m extra

Last years turnover was around £44m - £46m

and he is hoping to break £50m, its by no means guarenteed
Old 02-03-2007, 12:56   #24
God Member

Quote:
Looks like loyalty seems to be in short supply at Bolton,Blackburn,Wigan... I don't think it's a new thing.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:58   #25
Super Moderator

I wonder where I got £30 million from? Still, the money they're getting from the Sky deal is enough for them to cut their ticket prices and affect us. Think Stanley will have start thinking about various discount schemes next season!
Old 02-03-2007, 12:58   #26

Quote:
Pretty shortsighted in my view, because the smaller clubs are often a valuable source of young, fresh playing talent.
Which are then sold below their value to bigger clubs as they cannot afford to say no...
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:58   #27
God Member

the pie is over £600m - it will shared equally amongst the 18 teams in the league. £33m to finish bottom. Or 1.85m a game. A team like Rovers who average 20 000 a game that would be equivalent to paying £90 each to get in. They should do it free on a lottery basis for that kind of money.
Old 02-03-2007, 13:18   #28
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott View Post
at the IES

thats why i aint been stanley for ages
We can tell, now what's the ground called again.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 13:23   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the pie is over £600m - it will shared equally amongst the 18 teams in the league. £33m to finish bottom. Or 1.85m a game. A team like Rovers who average 20 000 a game that would be equivalent to paying £90 each to get in. They should do it free on a lottery basis for that kind of money.

but the £600m is distrubuted in different ways, money will go the FA, premier league etc

not all goes to clubs

Fraser eagle stadium

My bad, its been a while
Old 02-03-2007, 13:24   #30
Super Moderator

Read Eric's thoughts on the subject on t'fishy site. "The rich are getting richer" - exactly!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..