Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 11:10   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Myfootballclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I find it hard to fathom that you'd object to new ones who will be as committed or more so than many of the current supporters, if for no other reason than they will have a feeling of ownership to go with it.
If you haven't got it by now, you never will. Have a nice life.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2007, 11:26   #62

I think the whole idea of MYFC would be more workable if members had nothing to do with selection and tactics, as MichiganRed as already pointed out leave those who know what they are doing to run the club.
I`m still in two minds about the whole idea of MYFC i did originally sign up to it but after i thought about it i realised that it was more for the fun factor than anything else, as like pointed out elsewhere its more like a glorified fantasy football team, and i decided not to part with the £35.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:29   #63
God Member

Quote:
But a good number of them will become as loyal a supporter as anyone already on this message board.

I don't think you can buy that sort of loyalty for £35 !!
Old 08-09-2007, 18:56   #64
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
If you haven't got it by now, you never will. Have a nice life.
So, you're content with pathetic support? Somehow I don't believe Whalley and the players are.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 19:39   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It's ok being all idealist, but somebody putting cash into the club has got to be a good thing. There are some technicalities of course, but I honestly don't see what Stanley would have to lose by engaging with this venture.
Brilliant stuff, Mr Monkey...just when I was expecting you to zig, you zagged. I do agree that life demands pragmatism but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 19:43   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganRed View Post
Brilliant stuff, Mr Monkey...just when I was expecting you to zig, you zagged.
I never took you for a Spice Girls fan MR.
Old 08-09-2007, 19:47   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I never took you for a Spice Girls fan MR.
It wasn't really my choice, you see. With the recent arrival of Mr and Mrs Posh Spice, it has become mandatory for every American to worship at the altar of all things "Spice".
Old 08-09-2007, 19:49   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganRed View Post
It wasn't really my choice, you see. With the recent arrival of Mr and Mrs Posh Spice, it has become mandatory for every American to worship at the altar of all things "Spice".
You poor Man............surely your medical insurance covers such things?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk

Last edited by ukcowboy; 08-09-2007 at 19:49. Reason: spelling.................again!
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 20:08   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
You poor Man............surely your medical insurance covers such things?
Being the supreme bureaucrats they are, I'm certain they will find some way to deny paying a claim of this nature. I am just hoping this doesn't prove to be a terminal condition.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:25   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
So, you're content with pathetic support? Somehow I don't believe Whalley and the players are.
Bit of a non sequitur there, Rowan. Like I said, have a nice life.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:45   #71
Junior Member+

QUOTE... I think that voting on team selection is a stupid idea. The webstie says that the manager will brief the website on his ideas, scouting reports etc but the vote would take away his ability to make a last minute decision if they change their expected team sheet. And what about substitutions? do we all need laptops (we'd need a bigger stand) to keep in touch with the bench.
REPLY BY OKUZ...I am a member of myfootball club and i do hope you are not offended with me visiting your message board. Yes we are given a brief by the coach on how the players are perorming through the week but i for one (and i think i speak for most if not all our members) will not be voting on team selection because i have no knowledge of your formation or players ability. the coach will make all last minute decisions and substitutions. I can only assume that the laptop piece was tongue in cheek humour

QUOTE....I don't think that he would agree to a tinpot scheme like this. REPLY BY OKUZ... Its only a tinpot scheme if you have not visited the site and read it ALL.
QUOTE....Some of you seem to be taking this seriously !. I for one take it seriously, we are a group of members who have one thing in common and that is we are football fans. I (we) are not saying that we support accy any more than you but we want to be a part of accrington stanley's success in the future and if that means we all put money into this scheme than that can only be a good thing. Remember its only 35 quid (which is a sunday afternoon down th local) so if it is a scam so be it but accrington stanley can only come out the other end winners
Please visit the Halifax website because they were also being tipped for our attention but because a few negative supporters we now have no intention of backing them, and they have just been saved at the last minute from a winding up order. I visited the ground on saturday and was impressed with what i saw. Good luck with the future
okuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:21   #72
God Member

so a few negative fans and you'll pull out?

you may not find a club in the whole world then who are willing to take it on.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:30   #73
Senior Member+

Can I recommend Barrow?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:57   #74

Accrington United - ground could be built at Accy amauters ground
Then it would be closer than Dundee and Dundee united
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 14:01   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
Accrington United - ground could be built at Accy amauters ground
Then it would be closer than Dundee and Dundee united
This just gets more and more ludicrous!!!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..