Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2007, 18:47   #16
God Member

Re: New ground pic.. sorta

I had an email from Rob yesterday in response to various emails and PM'd questions that I had received. Amongst them was the concern that Eric had described 'a small stand'.

The roof will run full length of the Clayton End and will be of a similar design to the main stand one (Cantilever).
It will not cover the concourse at the back,
it will not contain built in toilets and bar.
There will be a bar adjacent to all three ends (?) which will be a van similar to the burger gaffes and will sell alcohol in plastic glasses as per league rules.

The plans will be updated accordingly when the time and money is right. The toilet blocks will become brick built as it will save us money on rentals etc.

But we have begun and are once again moving in the right direction off the field. I would imagine we will make at least four thousand pound a game from the beer sales which will be equivalent to around a hundred grand a year EXTRA on the turnover. The roof and re-availability of drink should see at least a couple of hundred extra on the gate every week which is another fifty or sixty grand EXTRA minimum.

The money is starting to come in, the sponsorship packages have gone up around 50% as well and is pretty much booked up for most of the season already. The club is starting to take shape and we can all start looking forward to more good times. We are starting to run out of things to whinge about now (providing the car park gets done ) so we can all concentrate on the football.

Viva Le Stanley!!!!!!
Old 27-06-2007, 19:13   #17

A beer at half time, a roof, taking over crown, good signings(hopefully), has eric won the lottery? The club seems to be listening to the feet on the terrace at long last.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 19:56   #18
Senior Member+

Re the Whinney Hill Terrace, an inside source of the club suggested that this would not be done until 2008-2009 season just in time to allow us to stay in the league. I hope not, the sooner it is done, the better for me, especially if it includes the extra seats to allow us to keep up with league rules and regs. Even Morecambe are redeveloping the car park side of the ground into a stand of sorts. will be interesting to see when we play them later this year.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 20:03   #19
God Member

I was told something similar last night but with even further horrifying news!
Old 27-06-2007, 20:16   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Is the police control room being extended and made permanent?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 20:24   #21
God Member

does anybody know if the clayton end will be ready for the burnley game???????
Old 27-06-2007, 20:25   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Re the Whinney Hill Terrace, an inside source of the club suggested that this would not be done until 2008-2009 season just in time to allow us to stay in the league. I hope not, the sooner it is done, the better for me, especially if it includes the extra seats to allow us to keep up with league rules and regs. Even Morecambe are redeveloping the car park side of the ground into a stand of sorts. will be interesting to see when we play them later this year.
hopefully the league rules would been changed by then?????/

scrap allseater stadui at football campaign.....:Banane 51::Banane 51:
Old 27-06-2007, 20:26   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
but with even further horrifying news!
Come on then, Macca, put us out of our misery!
Old 27-06-2007, 20:32   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
does anybody know if the clayton end will be ready for the burnley game???????
Nope. The reason all our other friendlies are away is due to the roof being built in time for the first league home game.
Old 27-06-2007, 20:33   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Come on then, Macca, put us out of our misery!
sumthin do to with godwinscottish defender dingles to use us as feeder club
Old 27-06-2007, 20:43   #26
Super Moderator

...Clayton End to become all seated?
Old 27-06-2007, 20:45   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...Clayton End to become all seated?
no no no no
Old 27-06-2007, 21:05   #28
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
has a club put a offer in for one of our top players
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 21:14   #29
Senior Member+

*Sigh*
I'm becoming tired of the increasing number of people who hear something, then come on here and say, "Look at me. I know something, but I'm not telling you!"
What's the point? Either tell the story, or say nothing.
Old 27-06-2007, 21:22   #30
God Member

*even louder sigh*

and I'm getting tired of that comment!

its about letting the story flow TM. Let the people speculate, breathe a bit of life into the forum for an hour, give people an excuse to stay on a little bit longer or check back a bit quicker.

But just so as we don't upset you any further I'll spill now what I may or not know (cos its only conjecture, rumour, thought process at the mo) and then you can go back to watching Big Brother or whatever it is you do when you are not being tired of comments like these.

The club are believed to be considering putting the 900 required seats onto the Clayton End because it would only involve pouring new concrete moulds over the existing steps and then putting the seats in. Developing the Whinney Hill would involve demolition and total rebuild.

It is by no means set in stone but I think that by posting it we can have an early chance to vent our thoughts on this.

My thoughts are that unless that mean rehousing the Accy fans on the Coppice (and under a roof) then I'll not be attending home matches. I stated last season that I will be trying very hard not to go to away matches that involve being seated. I'll be buggered if I'm going to have it at home games as well

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..