Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2007, 21:32   #1
Senior Member+

Reflections on the Leicester game

Thought we were very unlucky not to get something out of tonight's game.

We started poorly, but still had two good chances in the first half, but failed to take advantage of them.

Second half it was all Stanley. Hit the post twice and Boco brought an excellent save from the 'keeper with a shot from distance.

We may have lost tonight, but I feel massively encouraged by the performance. We played some really good football in the second half and if we can keep that up for the rest of the season, we'll be alright.
Old 14-08-2007, 21:33   #2
God Member

Leicester Post Match Reaction

I think the better team lost!
Hard to fault Stanley full of attack, looked solid at the back
It was hard to tell who was the team from the higher division!
Lots & Lots of Positives!
When heads would have gone down last season now heads are held high there is a new found belief that run's through the team and it shows!!
Well done to the Ultras for keeping the wall of noise up I can't wait for the cladding to go on and I can join in with the singing!
Well done Stanley & the supporters!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 21:34   #3
God Member

Re: Reflections on the Leicester game

I'll second that, how that keeper got to Boco's shot I'll never know, sure that was going in

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 21:41   #4
I am Banned

Gawd just come back, with lack of voice lol, shame we didnt win cos we had some good near chances that just wouldnt go to the back of the net fully - like boco's, gee that was a was it in or out. Got to laugh at Leicesters fans chants tho i think despite the not so full clayton end we out sung em LOL!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 21:44   #5
Senior Member+

Home support was pretty poor wasn't it? Especially for the first home game of the season. If there were roughly 1000 from Leicester, then a gate of just over 2000 shows a lack of Accringtonians turning out.

I wonder, if the roof had been finished, would there have been more people on the game?
Old 14-08-2007, 21:49   #6

My brother and his family are Leicester fans and season ticket holders. we all went to the match tonight as they are staying with me. they all thought that Stanley played very well and were unlucky not to equalise, also that Stanley played as well as some championship teams. They would like to wish Stanley and all their fans all the best for the future and hope to play you again one day in the PREMIERSHIP!!!!!

p.s. Thanks Kipax for taking their photographs, please could you post them on the website for me to view.
Old 14-08-2007, 21:52   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Home support was pretty poor wasn't it? Especially for the first home game of the season. If there were roughly 1000 from Leicester, then a gate of just over 2000 shows a lack of Accringtonians turning out.

I wonder, if the roof had been finished, would there have been more people on the game?
Yep it was a dismal support as the clayton end wasn't full loads of big gaps, me & Jimbo had that conversation after as to whether if the roof had been completed if that would of encouraged a lot more support with regards to the weather
Old 14-08-2007, 21:54   #8
Member.

The second half was Stanley showing its metal, if the lads play like that at league level we’re in for a corker of a season, very unlucky tonight. Nice to see some familiar faces and nice to be back at the FES.

No shame on the pitch tonight, but the lack of town support was disappointing and we where badly let down from someone at the back of the Clayton End making racist comments.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 21:58   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
The second half was Stanley showing its metal, if the lads play like that at league level we’re in for a corker of a season, very unlucky tonight. Nice to see some familiar faces and nice to be back at the FES.
Hopefully be a good season then lol, gee i missed my social life with my FES Family pmsl!!!
Old 14-08-2007, 21:58   #10
Resting in Peace

[quote=Tin Monkey;460259I wonder, if the roof had been finished, would there have been more people on the game?[/quote]

Doubtful if it would have made much difference - the weather seemed (wrongly!) to be clearing up a bit about 45 mins before kick off when the waverers would have been deciding whether to risk it or not. Pathetic turn-out from Accrington for such an attractive fixture and after such a good result on Saturday. It's sickening for Eric and Coley as the match was a great advert for football, played in a sporting manner with no quarter asked or given. Well done to all the fans for their great support on both sides. What a fantastic mid-field effort in particular from Stanley in the second half, but the whole team deserved something from a match which saw the Lecester defence rocking at times and having to resort to panic clearances. I thought Whalley made a big difference when he came on.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 22:00   #11
I am Banned

Yeh i think they should of brought Whalley on a bit earlier he did lift the team game a bit
Old 14-08-2007, 22:59   #12

got to say apart from the first 10 mins that is the best i have seen us play in a long long time. it fills me with alot of the confidence for the season. i really like the way back 4 looks alot more solid. jay and procky give them loads of protection. miles seems to have a good understanding with cav already. definitely agree that whalley made a difference when he came on. the whole team looked really fit driving forward right till the end. only real down side for me was evil he didnt hold it up very well and missed 3 really good chances. i would start with the team that finished on saturday or even bring mcgivern on he was our top scorer pre season.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 23:17   #13
God Member

Well just got home!! Left the match initially not knowing what to feel. Quite a few comments from Leicester fans saying we were unlucky and wishing us all the best in the league!!!!

After some much thought and analysing in the oaklea many of us decided we can only take positives from tonights match.

Was glad to be back home at the FES with the stanley family...and even managed to make up some new sayings eh Mel???

Just watched Boco's shot on sky sports news and have to say what a save the keeper had to make on that one!!! Next one will be in Boco

Cart on lads cart on

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 23:19   #14
I am Banned

LOL HR definately & forgot some old ones - thats still bugging me is that pmsl

Besides u still know how to silence a crowd nice to see Kate there too
Old 14-08-2007, 23:26   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Besides u still know how to silence a crowd nice to see Kate there too
Have to say that was more luck when they went quiet after I shouted shut up at their "hope he's dead" chants when a leicester player was down and had to be stretchered off... well I think it was luck!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..