Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2007, 17:15   #46

Re: Reflections on the Leicester game

and as far as the attendence goes if Stanley were still rooted in the Unibond or even the Conference a home draw in a cup competion against Leicester City would have seen the ground packed no matter what the weather.

Perhaps even those who dont go and watch Stanley regularly but would shell out for the "big" games are getting a little too blaise' about the teams that are on show down the Frazer Eagle these days.

If you spin the Windows Vista CD backwards you can hear satanic messages. Worse is if you spin it forward, it installs Vista on your computer.
No.9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2007, 17:22   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.9 Dream View Post
and as far as the attendence goes if Stanley were still rooted in the Unibond or even the Conference a home draw in a cup competion against Leicester City would have seen the ground packed no matter what the weather..
thats a very good point... we're spoilt.
Old 15-08-2007, 17:42   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley View Post
Have tried to avoid posting as this is a fans forum and thus reflects their opinion which they are quite rightly entitled to. However can't believe the criticism of our booking last night. Having spoken to both the assessor and the referee it was agreed that a mistake had been made as Lee made no contact at all with their player.

Keep the faith
will it be rescinded then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I can't remember off hand, but it was to dismiss the rumour of putting seats in the Clayton End. EW said that was not going to happen,
then my posting what I heard from a club official as a possibility has worked to a degree. As TM says on another post, the club can nip things in the bud rapidly by either answering posts like mine (which was factually incorrect but heard from ....) or by posting the truth on certain matters before it becomes rumour.
Old 15-08-2007, 18:01   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.9 Dream View Post
and as far as the attendence goes if Stanley were still rooted in the Unibond or even the Conference a home draw in a cup competion against Leicester City would have seen the ground packed no matter what the weather.
Yes, agree with that. But also, can't help thinking that, with our small core of fans, holidays play a big part of low attendances at this time of year. I know 3 people who would have definitely been there last night, but are away. Could be wrong, but I bet most people who were at last night's game know someone who would have gone.

Last season Forest were just over 2000, while Boston were nearly 2000 a few weeks later. I really think it's bad to dwell on it, it'll pick up and has shown a sustained growth over the last 6-7 years, it's not as though League football is new to this part of Lancashire.

It's a bit dispiriting to dwell on attendances when the team are probably going to have a very good season judged by last night's performance. Coley has built three promotion winning sides, this could well be the fourth.

Sorry for going on a bit, looking forward to Saturday.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.

Last edited by Oggy; 15-08-2007 at 18:04.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 18:02   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Brollies.. I saw england ones.. i saw plain and differnt coloured ones.. I even saw zero under a leapord skin effect one (well it was behind him but still looks funny hehe)

But I didn't see one fan in the pouring rain with a stanleys' brolley.. Why?
Spud had his up (turned up halfway through first half).

I didn't bother with mine as ya can't clap and hold a brolly at the same time

I was selling em in the car park at the Oaklea (as we have nowhere else at present) but they aint selling as well as they could be doing.
Old 15-08-2007, 19:14   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Yes, agree with that. But also, can't help thinking that, with our small core of fans, holidays play a big part of low attendances at this time of year. I know 3 people who would have definitely been there last night, but are away. Could be wrong, but I bet most people who were at last night's game know someone who would have gone.
Good point. I know of 4 regulars missing due to holidays, minus 1 regular who I know wasn't there but is not on holiday! So 3 more for every Accy fan who went would have made a gate of about 5,000. Doesn't sound so bad now does it, but how many would have jibbed at the weather....................... it could drive you crazy
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 21:45   #52
God Member

i also think the lack of stanley supporters was down to holidays but dont forget most people back from holidays will be skint and not had there next pay and had to choose which game to got to because there is 2 home games so close together saturdays game will be a better reflection on the home support .and i think we should lay off evil because he will get better with each game.all round i think we have a stronger squad and will be nearer the play-offs than last season things are looking bright:Ban ane19:
coleys red and white army cmon stanley cmon
Old 16-08-2007, 12:57   #53

I thought Evil was Ok. He got stuck in but needs a few games to settle back into the team. I think we should give him a chance - in spite of everything that's been said about him in the past he's a strong tough player and that's what we need in this league. Overall we're looking much stronger and fitter than we were last season.

In terms of gates, I've found that early season crowds generally are low as people sit back for a while to see how the team will do. Perhaps the real time to start grumbling is if we're still not pulling the crowds a few months on when we're up near the top.
Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 13:59   #54
God Member

look at every other game bar Macclesfield v Leeds (massive team and took a massive following). Every other gate was well down on their average, even the smaller teams with bigger draws. Gates mean nowt at this stage of the season and first round of the cup. The time to worry would be in the third round of the FA Cup if we had such a miserable attendance.
Old 20-08-2007, 12:10   #55
Senior Member+

Apologies for the late posting in this thread, but I had to go straight up to Scotland after the Leicester match and I have only just returned.

I was gutted at the result - it was the first time I have seen Stanley lose at the FE. But I was impressed by the performance. I agree with much of what has been said already about fitness, team work and effort.

Of course, since then there has been the Darlington match. This seems to have been huge disappointment after the positive performance against Leicester.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..