Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2007, 13:43   #16
God Member

Re: OSC AGM last night

to John Timmins
Old 13-10-2007, 14:03   #17
Senior Member+

What I don't understand, and I am sure someone will tell me, is why don't the ultras join the OSC? don't you all follow the same team, is that the leader(s) of the ultras want more exposure or less exposure? I am sure that in away grounds the other supporters don't say "oh thats the Stanley ultras and over on the left thats the OSC" they would say they are Stanley fans.
I know that in all grounds and all set of supporters are different and have their little clicks, but if you stand on the turf, ewood grave yard, or the kop they all shout for their team as one, why can't you do it off the field as well?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 17:24   #18
God Member

two different ideas on how things should be done imo

sorry macca but alot of the stuff coming out of the OSC is negative especially that HUGE post, people slagged eric off for the we only have 118 season ticket holders and being negative
Old 13-10-2007, 20:09   #19
God Member

what's negative about saying we need more active members?

my point is that we have 1300 regular fans, under 200 members of the Supporters Club, 15-20 regular meeting goers and then about 10 'doers'.

If we are going to draw comparisons with what Eric said then put it back into the context of what Eric really said, in a nutshell it was to progress we need more investment. The investment to the OSC would be a few more people contributing to the ideas and doing stages, or a few more people attending functions when we have them, or a few more people pointing out the error of our ways as and when they occur rather than at a much later date.

back to what Bazf asked .... many of the people in and around the Ultras are OSC, there is no divide and never has been and never will be. But the core element of the Ultras will not attend meetings as they don't agree with the formatted way of doing things (I think!). But as I have said before, if you have any ideas that you would like to expand on that may require a bit of funding then mention it and I will bring it up at a meeting for you. Some of you are members so are entitled to be voiced. Even though you are entitled to be voiced if you are not a member.

But I would like to re-iterate that if anybody thinks that what we do or how we do it is not the right way then please tell me, if there is something you would like us to do then please tell me. Or any of the Committee members. All the emails are on the contacts page of the OSC site (Address in signature).
Old 13-10-2007, 20:12   #20
God Member

... oops forgot to add in either of my last two posts.

Because of the scale of the Exhibition and what it means it terms of man hours spent on it, it was agreed at the last meeting that we will downscale on what we would like to do for the time being. There are things that we would like to get on with but we can't spend all our waking hours on these things as well as the exhibition. Maybe we will re-evaluate where we are at when we have the next meet, as we will be discussing possible reasons for non-attendances.

But it's all good
Old 13-10-2007, 21:41   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
two different ideas on how things should be done imo
Mansfield have four main supporters groups, so we're lagging behind a bit.

I tend to agree with Macca's last two posts, and couldn't call it negative in any way. My position has changed slightly lately, I'm not a natural "joiner", but I want to put some effort into the Exhibition, so I've joined the OSC a couple of weeks ago, and attended the AGM. I'd never met Rob before, or any of the other members, but it's fair to say they are all as approachable as I thought they would be, it's not an exclusive clique, and the meeting was as informal as a properly run organisation can allow.

I think all of us that attended must have thought, " bloody hell, send for reinforcements!" Hopefully, as the plans for the exhibition develop this will happen, with good outcomes all round.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 21:52   #22
God Member

not negative but the same way that when eric whinges about the crap gates, do you think mr joe blogs in accy thinks that sounds good i want to be part of something that is not quite working??? same applies to the OSC in my opinion,

instead of "only 12 turned up to our function"

why not bend the truth say

"the last function was superb and everybody that attended had a great evening"

out of those two which would you go to the next time????

Its all about wanting to make people wonder what they are missing out on....
Old 13-10-2007, 23:44   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
why not bend the truth say

"the last function was superb and everybody that attended had a great evening"

lol, we did that after the last Supporters Presentation night, and the christmas do, and the ....

but I know what you're saying John
Old 14-10-2007, 08:07   #24
God Member

Why not just hold an informal meet over a pint pre-match?
No need for minutes, chair anything like that just a brainstorming session of how things can be moved on to the next level and get more people involved?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 11:25   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Why not just hold an informal meet over a pint pre-match?
No need for minutes, chair anything like that just a brainstorming session of how things can be moved on to the next level and get more people involved?
Cos i@ll be wasted! lol

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..