Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 19:02   #16

Re: Discrace.........

Everyone agrees that the "performance" against Dale left a lot to be desired. I wonder what Eric Whalley, John Coleman and Bell actually think about the game. We hear Coleman doing his Football Manager interview on the Radio where he says a lot and says nowt! What must someone a passionate as Eric Whalley think about this lot? He can see the revenue steam drying up. He talks about expansion and development. The club advertises for a Commercial Manager on £30k + car.......WE NEED A FOOTBALL TEAM FOR THE 2ND DIVISION. The supporters who turn up weeek after week can only take so much of this before even they say enough. Friends who have supported Accrington Stanley for most of their adult life are beginning to talk about missing matches......sad but there it is. Mr Coleman, show us you have what it takes to make some radical changes and get the team back on track. I sometimes think it was better football in the Conference!
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2007, 19:40   #17
Junior Member+

I tend not to post anything on here to be honest as don't generally get to many games as much as I'd like BUT I am sure that John, Jimmy and Eric are feeling as just as maddened and disappointed as the rest of us!!

Don't get me wrong there is work to be done but I'm sure they are on the case, it's their job at the end of the day I guess but we will never know what they truly think, but like I said before it is easy for us to judge and we do have a right to when we pay every week to go on but at the same time who could have imagined where we are now 10 years ago and who got us here???

Maybe we rose to quick and now expectations are really high, maybe unfairly high when you look around at seemingly what the club has!! Simply they need more time!!
stanleysnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 22:45   #18
God Member

[quote=stanleysnumber1;501185]I tend not to post anything on here to be honest as don't generally get to many games as much as I'd like BUT I am sure that John, Jimmy and Eric are feeling as just as maddened and disappointed as the rest of us!!

Don't get me wrong there is work to be done but I'm sure they are on the case, it's their job at the end of the day I guess but we will never know what they truly think, but like I said before it is easy for us to judge and we do have a right to when we pay every week to go on but at the same time who could have imagined where we are now 10 years ago and who got us here???

Maybe we rose to quick and now expectations are really high, maybe unfairly high when you look around at seemingly what the club has!! Simply they need more time!![/quote]

I would have thought that 44 years was more than enough time!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:16   #19
Senior Member+

cam belt snapped around junction 28 on the way to the game

the car is a write off

and so is the stanley defence.

it made a bad day turn terrible.

ban 3-5-2 at home.

4-4-2 all out attacking win or lose is better to watch and does get results.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 20:13   #20

Unfortunately the fault lies beyond the players. Stanley will go no further forward with Coleman as manager. He's tactically inept and is not up to the job at this level. Do we ever hear of other clubs coming in for him ?

As regards the low crowds, and 1200 accy faithfull is low, a change of manager might create enough interest for a few to come back.

As a proper football fan, I'll be back. Unfortunately some people find other things to do. I don't understand how anything could be more enjoyable than watching your team even if they are playing bad and losing but others are not like this nowadays.
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 20:19   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
cam belt snapped around junction 28 on the way to the game

the car is a write off.
Same thing happened to my mum and dad at Holmes Chapel the day before.

Had me checking my service schedule I'll tell you.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..