Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2008, 19:20   #1

Exclamation out with the old in with the new.

where do we go from here,relegations still technically possible.it's a good job that saturdays game wasn't a relegation decider,coley has done well for accy but i think it's time to give someone else a chance to put the great back in accy.the faithful on the clayton sing johnny coleman football genius,but if he's such a genius why are we just on the edge of another relegation battle.we don't want to go through the same fight again next season,and by the news on the grape vine coley will be here next season,perish the thought.i want whats best for accy and coleman is not the answer.

ACCY TILL I DIE
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2008, 19:26   #2
Senior Member+

What do we need for next season?

Just reviewing our 'progress' this year and I was wondering what we need to do to improve on the position we are in at the moment. Reviewing our league performances this year, we've only won 5 of our last 20 league games since the turn of the year, and drawn one other (3-3 against Chester).

Those statistics really surprised me, as I didn't think we'd done that badly. However, in reality, 16 points from a possible 60 is relegation form and we really need to be thankful that we were more successful before the new year.

Last Summer we all thought that Coleman would pull out the stops and construct a stronger squad, but all his Summer signings, with the exception of Arthur, have proven to be spectacular flops (or have left the club in other ways). What do you think we need to do at the end of this season? I know you've got to be realistic, so getting rid of 15 players isn't really an option.... or is it?
Old 14-04-2008, 19:29   #3
Senior Member+

Re: out with the old in with the new.

On the way to Notts we saw the Marine team coach..........

Sack Coleman & we will probably be seeing it in our car park on a Saturday

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 19:31   #4

Re: What do we need for next season?

As these 2 threads were similar, I've merged them together. Keep things tidy.
Old 14-04-2008, 20:36   #5
God Member

Something has to change or we will have the same battle next season, and the changes have to start at the top. I for one am sick of Coley winging that he gives the lads jobs to do and they don't do them, well sorry but I though it was his job to make sure they do them. I klnow he's done well for the club but I honestly think he is way out of his depth in League 2 and to come out after Saturday's game and say he can't wait for the season to finish was to my mind a disgrace and an insult to the lads who had played, no wonder morale is low if this is the sort of thing he's saying to them.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:14   #6
Senior Member+

There is 91 other League clubs all wanting to gain promotion, increase gates & move up the ladder.
York City, Oxford, Kidderminster, Exeter City, Torquay etc are all below us with far better resources.
We have the lowest average attendance in the League.
Arguably the worst facilities & no permanent training ground.
Presumably the lowest wages & bonus structure.
According to some, the poorest club staff with no idea how a drive a club forward.

Do fans still think its John Coleman who is holding us back?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 14-04-2008, 21:30   #7
I am Banned

a new football
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:36   #8
Senior Member+

Accymad i think when coley said that he cant wait for next season to finish, i think he was saying it because its been a long and hard season and it would be good to get it over and done with now and to rebuild the squad for next season etc because it hasnt been sucessfull , i really dont think it wasnt an insult to the lads who played!

Willie Miller has more or less summed it up! But you all go on about sacking coley, but say that happened who you going to bring in? On his wages and the resources weve got you want a manager who can take us up or finish top 8, but cumon there isnt one!! If we brought a new manager in we`ll get relegated! At least with coleman you know where not going to be relegated! Im happy in league 2. I think alot of you are greedy tbh!

John Coleman Football Genious!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:45   #9
Senior Member+

I wish the mods hadn't combined these threads. My point seems to have been missed completely. Shame really.
Old 14-04-2008, 21:56   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I wish the mods hadn't combined these threads. My point seems to have been missed completely. Shame really.
To answer your post matey, think the squad is far far stronger than last year. However for some reason they haven't gelled. I would be booking a lads holiday for them all, then when the spirit of 1999-2005 has returnded I would let JB beast them up & down the Coppice till they are as fit as flock.

Then I would add a Lutel James character up front & a Jay Flannery type in central defence or midfield.

I would say adios to Branch, Bavs, Webb & McGivern. Would buy Mullin a leg-&-lung graft. Rob Heys a new nose. Cavanagh would have to retake his driving test as he keeps trying to take my wing mirror off on Hollins Lane.

Eric Whalley should smile more....

A moan box should be installed at the ground to enable fans to get all their anti Coleman letters in one envelope to the Observer, save money!

Lets have some more tarmac please

Fraser should buy an 11 seater fans bus, just in case we have a cup run

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 14-04-2008, 22:30   #11
Full Member+

Ashton United sacked John Coleman just before he joined us, because winning the cup and finishing second wasn't good enough if he couldn't get them promotion. They said he only picked his mates; they talked about faces not fitting; made snide comments about facial injuries and said he wasn't good enough to operate at that level. Would one or two of the present whingers please remind me where Ashton United are now ..... if you can find them in the Pyramid!
Keep the faith!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 02:52   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I honestly think he is way out of his depth in League 2...
Can you please explain what you mean by this statement? I realize the skill level of the players increases but how does the game change such that it is beyond the grasp of the management team?
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 06:30   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganRed View Post
Can you please explain what you mean by this statement? I realize the skill level of the players increases but how does the game change such that it is beyond the grasp of the management team?
Without encouraging another 'let's sack Coleman' thread, one of the problems for managers with little league experience is the amount of contacts they have within the game. JC had a large number of contacts in the non-league game, as that is where both he and JB plied their trade. At league level it's a different story.

In addition to that, many L2 managers have a firm grasp of tactics and often when they have changed their play, JC hasn't acted soon enough to counteract the changes and we've lost games that we were previously well placed to get something from. That's something you saw a lot less of in the non-league game.
Old 15-04-2008, 07:54   #14

Listen , we've only been in this league for 2 seasons . what we need is someone who has worked in this league before and knows it like back of his hand . Some one to be new number 2 . We arnt a bad side but tactics have been naff . Some signing have been naff like Branch , but saying that i think Branch might have done better in centre midfield . We need a forward to feed off Mulls , need Kemps back . Love to see Godwin here again . Think its more a training ground come tactics problem myself . A little know how will do wonders next season . Instead of us all slagging team off lets make promise to drag a mate to a game next season , even if its your sons mate . you know the kid you son leaves kicking ball around in his man united top when you set off to match . Thats my promise for next season .
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 07:56   #15
Super Moderator

Whatever Coley's faults and individual mistakes as regards signings and tactics, this season, like last season, he has achieved a miracle - he has kept (touch wood!) a club with average gates of 1,600 in the football league - can anyone name another manager who has done this? Many fans make the mistake of talking about Stanley as if we are just another league club; we are not - we are unique because we operate on non-league gates and therefore a non-league budget. The only league club even approaching our level of poverty is D&R and look at how they are struggling now. If the knockers get their way and Coley goes, do you think that will solve our problems? Any incoming manager will face the same old scenario - no crowds and no money. In my view, Coley should receive the freedom of the borough for achieving the impossible!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..