Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2008, 07:54   #1
God Member

Congratulations

Well with the Season nearly at a close
I would like to say Congratulations & Well done to the Management, Staff and players for ensuring League Two Football for Next Season
Okay we have had a Topsy Turvy Season but the facts are:
We have improved on Last Seasons points Haul
We have improved on Last Seasons League Placing
It would be good to go out on a high by beating Bury next week

Also Well done to the Supporters for Turning up week in & week out and for helping to turn some critical games in Stanleys Favour

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2008, 09:14   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Congratulations

Ok we survived in League 2 but the other side is the tripe we have served up at home has been a joke mainly due to Colemans tactics. I don't think he has learnt much this season as the same old problems just kept coming back at us time after time. My opinion is it's time for him to go and no matter how positive you always try to be Pendle Red, sometimes to the point where I want a sick bag, I will not be getting a season ticket next year unless Coleman and Bell depart.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 11:34   #3
God Member

Everyone is entitled to an opinion Baggy believe me I could rant for pages of what I would like the Club the to do, where improvements can be made, what they should be doing, but I am not running the Club!

I am a mere Supporter but if I can do one thing or say one thing that makes somebody sit up and think yeah maybe everythings not that bad, that will do for me

As you said my positivety makes you want to reach for the Sick Bag I would like to think it is more trying to balance up the negativity that sometimes seeps through on these boards

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 12:27   #4
God Member

Family Excellence Award
New £1m stand on the way.
Academy starting to bear fruit
Community Football team active in Hyndburn
Transfer record broken (by some distance)

The club is moving forwards and refuses to stand still. Maybe things aren't always a barrel of laughs but there are still many clubs who would love to be in our position, not least of all Wrexham.

People on this board have called for a bigger name manager to be brought in yet Brian Little (6 years after being touted as an England Manager) has overseen the demise of Wrexham. People on this board bemoan the lack of facilities at the ground yet two of the finest grounds in the division (Wrexham and Mansfailed) will be gracing Non League next season.

Be proud of what we are and what we have - even if its not what we think we should have.
Old 27-04-2008, 12:38   #5
Super Moderator

I reckon Macca has hit the nail right on the head there!
Old 27-04-2008, 12:59   #6
God Member

I have to echo pendle red's and macca's sentiments...

onwards and upwards

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 15:19   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Family Excellence Award
New £1m stand on the way.
Academy starting to bear fruit
Community Football team active in Hyndburn
Transfer record broken (by some distance)
All well and good Rob, it's not all bad news and yes we are moving slowly forward but it's what we serve up on the pitch that makes me watch football and I will say it again Coleman and Bell's brand of football will not make me buy a season ticket.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 16:54   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Coleman and Bell's brand of football will not make me buy a season ticket.
Not often I agree with a Liverpool fan but I'm with the plastic scouser all the way on this one.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 18:05   #9

Two good points here put forward by Pendle and Macca on the pro side and Bagpuss on the cons side.
I know i`ve moaned about some of our preformances, but rightly so in my opinion, as like Bagpuss i like to see the side play well and with passion.
But on the other hand i do think the club are moving forward in other ways, so its not all doom and gloom as yet.
Its all part of being a fan (no matter who you follow) taking the rough with the smooth.
Old 27-04-2008, 18:14   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I will say it again Coleman and Bell's brand of football will not make me buy a season ticket.
We're going to finish with more points than last year, in a higher position and most important of all, we have survived...all this on the most pathetically pitiful gates in the football league - gates which would be considered inadequate for many Blue Square clubs. Coley and Jimmy may have their faults, but what they have achieved at Stanley is unique - keeping a club in the league on 1,600 average gates. If it isn't unique, then perhaps someone could direct me to other clubs who are coming up into the league on those sort of gates? Because, apart from the Daggers, whose average gate was around 300 better than ours and who only survived by the skin of their teeth, I don't see any. So come on, Baggy, get up to the shop and get your season ticket, while it's still at a bargain price!
Old 27-04-2008, 18:15   #11
Junior Member+

Are Mansfield down? Thought they still had a chance if Chester lose against Stockport midweek and results go their way next weekend
chickentikkabalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 18:31   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentikkabalti View Post
Are Mansfield down? Thought they still had a chance if Chester lose against Stockport midweek and results go their way next weekend
Affirmative.
Old 27-04-2008, 18:41   #13
Senior Member+

so many good things have happened this year
6 points off Morecambe 3 points away from home at an ex premiership side

I could go on but then I would have nothing left for my column in the prog next week!!!

loweiy
Old 27-04-2008, 19:01   #14
Super Moderator

Two-hundred-and-nine quid to watch another season of league football in your home town. Ten years ago you wouldn't have dared dream that it was possible. Get yer hand in yer pocket, Baggy, and everyone else who hasn't coughed up yet!
Old 27-04-2008, 19:04   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Two-hundred-and-nine quid to watch another season of league football in your home town. Ten years ago you wouldn't have dared dream that it was possible. Get yer hand in yer pocket, Baggy, and everyone else who hasn't coughed up yet!
Who are you ? Eric's heavy mob

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..