Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 17:42   #16
God Member

Re: F.A Investigation.

this is just idiocy .stanley matchfixing bookie says this match stinks.yes you should have been there to watch itbookies will try anything to try and avoid paying out.they are only moaning cause they got stung...
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2008, 18:11   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
this is just idiocy .stanley matchfixing bookie says this match stinks.yes you should have been there to watch itbookies will try anything to try and avoid paying out.they are only moaning cause they got stung...
exactly my thoughts aswel, thats all it is, weird you never see em moaning when they take the money off us, lol
shakers08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 18:50   #18

if I remember correctly, BBC match stats gave Stanley a total of about 15 shots to Bury's 5 - funny way to 'chuck' a match don't you think ? Really surprised the FA seem to be considering the allegations - it's a 'no brainer'.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 18:56   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
if I remember correctly, BBC match stats gave Stanley a total of about 15 shots to Bury's 5 -

And yet we didn't score any of them. Looks suspicious to anyone outside looking in. However, for those of us who've had to watch weak finishing all season, it doesn't come as any surprise.
Old 09-05-2008, 16:00   #20

Re: fa probe

A bet on Stanley to lose at home! You'd be mad wouldn't you!!!!
Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 16:33   #21
Senior Member+

Today's Accrington Observer quotes Coleman as saying, "I had to leave out a couple of players I was going to play on Saturday because of this investigation and it wasn't fair on them and it wasn't fair on me having my team picked for me."

Curiouser and curiouser. Who told Coley to leave them out, and why?

An FA spokesman said the investigation will take as long as it takes, and is quite unusual in football. Although betting was suspended on Bray to beat Sligo last year, apparently "an old fashioned betting coup", bookies losing €100,000 on the game. These bets were kept small and spread about, which is the traditional way with such things, infomation gathering being as sophisticated as it is these days.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 16:58   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
Allegedly according to the lancashire telegraph all the bets placed on Stanleys game versus Bury where placed in LIVERPOOL!! draw your own conclusions from this. I just hope its nothing to do with anyone connected to the club as we could be in serious trouble if anything to point the finger can be proven!
I placed a bet on this for Bury to win in Accrington Coral, so that proves that thats a lie.

Coral said seen as my winnings were less than £100 they would pay out.
Old 09-05-2008, 17:24   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I placed a bet on this for Bury to win in Accrington Coral, so that proves that thats a lie.

Coral said seen as my winnings were less than £100 they would pay out.
Baldy, not a lie mate as the report was about the LARGE numbers of bets coming from the Liverpool area, it didnt say that no bets were taken elsewhere!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 17:27   #24
Senior Member+

Paddy Power's original quote is that almost all of the bets came from Liverpool, that, and the amount of money involved triggered the pre-match events and subsequent investigation.

Have just found this quote from Eric, post match, "As far as I'm concerned, they (the Football League) have to get in touch with me if there is going to be any investigation. Unless they can bring names forward, we, as a club, can do nothing. "

Yet Coley states he had to leave two players out!

Old 09-05-2008, 17:49   #25
God Member

Are you trying to say you can detect the faint odour of rodent, Oggy?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 19:20   #26
God Member

I don't think Coley meant that he HAD to leave players out, more a case of if he had played a significantly weakened team, in light of the breaking story, it would have looked a lot worse. Therefore he went with the same team pretty much as the previous week
Old 09-05-2008, 19:25   #27

Wow just heard even more, i might of missed this one but a bet or bets where put on that the 2nd goal would of been scored through a penalty,

i.e. officials being changed, who knows,

I do not know if you could puts this on, but someone will of lost alot of money if they did manage that.

But if the original officials had been there and this was true we might of lost 3-0

Only PPL who will Know

F.A. Shhh

May be they should look at themselves

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"
Old 13-05-2008, 02:05   #28
Junior Member+

Match Fixing.

What was all this about match fixing rumours i heard about Accy, don't worry im not accusing you of it, just what was it all about?

Just rubbish rumours or what?

Joshbrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2008, 05:17   #29

As a thread already exists, I'll merge the two together.
Old 09-04-2009, 19:22   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Have just found this quote from Eric, post match, "As far as I'm concerned, they (the Football League) have to get in touch with me if there is going to be any investigation. Unless they can bring names forward, we, as a club, can do nothing. "
Thought this was strange at the time, why couldn't the club have had an internal investigation, there is no way any employer I've worked for would not investigate what is basically a case of alleged gross misconduct.

When you've got a very public profile to protect it would be even more important, surely.

In light of Eric's, and now Jimmy Bell's reaction, the club is once again showing its lack of professionalism. Eleven months after the event I feel they should be able to either totally back the players, or have dealt with the matter appropriately long ago.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..