Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2008, 17:44   #1
Super Moderator

...that's Stanley's average gate this season.

The next lowest is 2,007 (Dagenham & Redbridge).

The average for league 2 is 4,343.

In other words, John Coleman has been running a race with a weight tied to one leg...and he's still managed to keep us in the league.

And some of you want to get rid of him??

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the man's a miracle worker! Keep up the good work, Coley!
Old 18-05-2008, 18:36   #2

Re: 1,633

I echoe the sentiments Mr Harris but shouldnt it also be noted that it shows the measure of Mr Coleman - that he doesnt hide behind this figure and himself believes he can push his miracles with our meagre resources even further.

Long Live King Coley
Old 18-05-2008, 19:35   #3
I am Banned

From memory our average attendance in year 1 was 2600.

So on that basis if Dagenham and Morecambe have a poorer season in year 2 and "lose" the 1k as we did, what will their avearages be??

D&R 1,000 Morecambe 1800.

Whilst we need to improve and retain our core following, providing we improve again at home and continue to build for the future, the future can be good.

The exhibition this summer and some astute signings will help
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 20:05   #4
God Member

Good quality signings will help!
Hopefully the price of Season Tickets will help drive up the Core Support
A couple of Top Name Pre-Season Friendlies may help
The Exhibition will help promote the Club where it most's matters which is in the Centre of Town itself!
Getting off to a flier when the New Season Starts will help
Positive Press will help!
Some matchday incentives may help:
One game for any Season Ticket Holder bring along a friend for a fiver

First two Home games Try before you Buy Scheme if you like what you see and buy a Season Ticket at the normal price knock off the value of the Two games attended so long as Ticket Stubs are kept, may not bring in hundreds of people but in terms of money may encourage a few to part with their hard earned cash earlier than they normally would and have a few more regular attendees

Family Day where a Family can be admitted for a set price

Ladies Day where all Ladies attendees can be admitted for a set price

Red Day where everyone who enters the Ground wearing the teams colours gets a raffle ticket and a Draw takes place at Half Time to win Stanley Goodies

No stone should be left unturned in the pursuit of trying to increase the footfall of people into the FES

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 18-05-2008 at 20:08.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 20:16   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
A couple of Top Name Pre-Season Friendlies may help

You must have missed the announcement, one's already sorted for July 26th, so only one more to sort out
Old 18-05-2008, 20:29   #6
God Member

That's always a good one for the annual contest of running the rule over the opposing players and having a guess at who they will be selling come the "Next January Transfer Window Competition"

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 21:14   #7
Junior Member+

I can't see attendances rising unless we go on a good winning streak. Credit crunch is in the news every day. Its an expensive day out. I live in bury and can't afford to go petrol prices are high. Admittance is high. Kids more important
chickentikkabalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 21:18   #8
God Member

Been displaying that all thro today on sky sports news - bottom eh but we're still above the bottom end of the former season tho top at beginning of new season

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 21:47   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just as we discussed with black sheep wynonie.
Old 18-05-2008, 21:54   #10
God Member

400 difference to the next poorest team? that's £120,000 over the season based on £13 a pop. Looking at the average figure of 4343 that's a deficit of over £800,000.

and people wonder why we struggle to complete? that's the only thing that makes me mad about many of last seasons performances. In many of the games that I watched there was not much difference between us and them yet we failed to win games we could and should have - Rochdale, Notts County, Wrexham at home are the ones that mainly spring to mind. We need a cutting edge up front and we need to cut out the sloppy mistakes at the back, beyond that we are not too much different than many of these far richer clubs.

What a difference it would make to us if we could get 3000 a game at the FES and double our operating budget.
Old 18-05-2008, 22:01   #11
Senior Member+

it would give us a bigger budget but just think of the noise coming from the clayton end with another 500 people stood under it all singing. if that would not spare the players on than who knows what would

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 22:08   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
John Coleman has been running a race with a weight tied to one leg...and he's still managed to keep us in the league.

And some of you want to get rid of him??

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the man's a miracle worker! Keep up the good work, Coley!
He played Graham Branch.
He played Lee McEvilly.
He played Jay Harris on the wing.
A lot.

'Tactically flawed football manager who does quite well under circumstances' is more apt than 'Miracle worker' I feel.

Better football = more fans. Simple, and fickle, as that.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 22:11   #13
Senior Member+

100% behind the boss!!!! ultras flag!!!!!!!!!!!! we love jonny coleman

Old 18-05-2008, 22:13   #14
Super Moderator

Quite well? Name me one other manager who's kept a team in the football league on gates of 1,633. You can't, because no one else has ever done it. So, not just miracle worker but trailblazer and an inspiration to all non-league clubs struggling with public indifference...and that's not just the Black Sheep talking!
Old 18-05-2008, 22:16   #15
Senior Member+

it shows that clubs on low gates on low budgets,cant sign big league name players and yet we finshed higher than last season! so whats that say about coley and the management and the players! coley is king long may coley and jimmy be at stanley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..