Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 00:11   #181
God Member

Re: Accrington Stanley - Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
I thought fans where an important part of a football club.. I dont think it showed enough of them.
Probably for the first time ever I agree with you 100% K-P, I was receiving phone calls several times a week asking for updates on the supporters club... They filmed the media launch for our exhibition, the end of season presentation night... but never turned up to film the actual exhibition or interviewed on camera anyone involved!!

There was definately not enough match day stuff regarding fans either

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2008, 00:33   #182
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Probably for the first time ever I agree with you 100% K-P, I was receiving phone calls several times a week asking for updates on the supporters club... They filmed the media launch for our exhibition, the end of season presentation night... but never turned up to film the actual exhibition or interviewed on camera anyone involved!!

There was definately not enough match day stuff regarding fans either

I meant fans that go home and away ..
Old 11-11-2008, 00:40   #183
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Personally I would have liked to have seen more of Stanley's loyal fans.

Players, managers, and indeed owners, come and go, but the people that file through the turnstiles week in, week out, season after season, are the one constant presence at the club.
As I said way back in the thread.

Tonight's programme was better than last week's, thankfully, but like others have said it could have been so much better, and they would have struck TV gold if they had featured some of Stanley's characterful, die hard fans.

It's been interesting, and I hope it attracts new fans to go and watch Stanley, but the series could have been so much better.

(Sol, the Producer, wasn't much good at art either.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 00:43   #184
God Member

Quote:
I meant fans that go home and away ..
ok so i admit that I don't go to the far flung away matches like last year, like many others, commitments don't allow it, but the exhib showed the passion that we have for the club and it wouldn't have done any harm in showing some of it, which along the way would have shown more of the rich history surrounding the club!!! It's gotta beat a flippin hen do abroad!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 00:44   #185
K-P

I fail to see how it would attract new fans.. just like I failed to see how a roof would.... people know stanley exist.. they know football kicks off at 3pm on a saturday afternoon.. i cant see that series making any difference to people who choose to do other things on a saturday... Sorry just being realistic

Hopefully it earned stanley some money and maybe business people might see it and invest... lots of good might come of it... But new fans... cant see it meself.
Old 11-11-2008, 00:50   #186
K-P

Quote:
ok so i admit that I don't go to the far flung away matches like last year, !!!
yes i do recall you went to a couple last year... i wouldnt call you an away fan any season though.. would you?

but whats that got to do with it. i didnt realise we where talking about you... I was simply stating that i would have liked to have seen some of the footage that they took at away games and home games of the fans...

there are other fans.. thousands of them... theres fans like jimbo and plumb who are massive stanley fans who cant get to games... theres fans in accy who not only cant get to away games.. they cant get to home games either.. there all fans and all good fans.. you shouldnt measure them by how many games they go to..

i just wanted to see some footage of home and away fans... thats all dont take it personally
Old 11-11-2008, 00:55   #187
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It's gotta beat a flippin hen do abroad!!!!
Quite agree.

That should have been a five minute filler, not a whole programme.

Old 11-11-2008, 00:56   #188
God Member

thats what I put at the end of my first post too, that there definately wasn't enough of the match day stuff regarding fans... so I think we are actually agreeing in fact have asked many fans if they had been interviewed and none could say they had apart from loweiy and timmins...which is a real shame as they missed out on the real passionate side of the club....the die hard fans

Old 11-11-2008, 00:56   #189
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That should have been a five minute filler, not a whole programme.
it should have been a passing comment not a 5 minute filler
Old 11-11-2008, 00:57   #190
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well john got his clock in tonight.
Old 11-11-2008, 00:58   #191
Give, give, give member

Quote:
apart from loweiy and timmins
Which they showed twice.

Old 11-11-2008, 00:59   #192
K-P

Quote:
thats what I put at the end of my first post too, that there definately wasn't enough of the match day stuff regarding fans... so I think we are actually agreeing in fact have asked many fans if they had been interviewed and none could say they had apart from loweiy and timmins...which is a real shame as they missed out on the real passionate side of the club....the die hard fans

to be honest an interview with a stanley fan would be hard to watch.... i can just imagine some of our charactors... arrgh .... no i just wanted to see footage of them supporting the team.... apart from the odd flash when a goal went in there wasnt anything

in fact sod it... i would have liked to have seem a whole program dedicated to the fans..
Old 11-11-2008, 00:59   #193
Give, give, give member

Quote:
it should have been a passing comment
No, that was you tonight.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:02   #194
God Member

Quote:

in fact sod it... i would have liked to have seem a whole program dedicated to the fans..
And that is exactly what they said they were going to do... they got some great footage too.. especially when the norweign lads were over

They could've almost given a full match experience (pref a winning match ) pre and post match drinks... or followed a fan, their experience leading up to a game, the anticipation, the hopes, the fears... I think it would've been great

Old 11-11-2008, 01:04   #195
K-P

Quote:
They could've almost given a full match experience (pref a winning match ) pre and post match drinks... or followed a fan, their experience leading up to a game, the anticipation, the hopes, the fears... I think it would've been great
a nice trip to spain on expenses won the day

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..