Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 09:44   #1
K-P

Ten years - Testimonial ?

John Coleman and Jimmy Bell will celebrate 10 yrs in charge at Accrington Stanley in "I think" June of this year. It doesn't matter a jot what you think of the management team or anything that is happening now. No stanley fan alive can deny what the pair have done for this club.

For the critics this is not about support.. this is about recognition.

Left to the club it will be a poxy presentation at the end of season do.

Well i think they deserve more.. A lot more.. Do you?

Something on the scale that only the club could organise. So its up to us the fans to make them aware of how we feel.

1) Testimonial match ..

2) Sportmans dinner to celebrate there achievements with invitations to other league managers to speak.

3) Both the above?

4) ?????
Old 06-03-2009, 09:50   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ten years - Testimonial ?

Both the options sound ok to me. end of the day these 2 have worked miracles with sod all, i never thought i would live to see Stanley in the league again.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:00   #3
Super Moderator

Agree 100%. I would like to see a fitting tribute to the "miracle workers"!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:03   #4
God Member

A testimonial match would be good as it would be open to everyone to go, whereas a Sportsmans' Dinner would probably only be available to our male supporters as the last proposed one was.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:10   #5
K-P

I may have used the wrong word with "sportsmans" dinner.. Male only is certainly not what I meant But your right on the other point..,. Testimonial gives more people the opportunity.... so dinner? would either be as well or not at all...

After all a testimonial is the right way of doing this isnt it.

I have fired off an email to all the big guns at stanley for a response
Old 06-03-2009, 10:20   #6
God Member

[John Coleman and Jimmy Bell will celebrate 10 yrs in charge at Accrington Stanley in "I think" June of this year. It doesn't matter a jot what you think of the management team or anything that is happening now. No stanley fan alive can deny what the pair have done for this club.

For the critics this is not about support.. this is about recognition.

Left to the club it will be a poxy presentation at the end of season do.

Well i think they deserve more.. A lot more.. Do you?

Something on the scale that only the club could organise. So its up to us the fans to make them aware of how we feel.

1) Testimonial match ..

2) Sportmans dinner to celebrate there achievements with invitations to other league managers to speak.

3) Both the above?

4) ?????[/QUOTE]

It is actually August Unless they just put this down as the start of the season?List of English Football League managers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We could do something at next seasons first home game also

Great work by these two though on a shoestring as well...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 06-03-2009 at 10:23.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:23   #7
K-P

OK August .. PERFECT to combine pre season + testmonial and as its 5 mths away then no excuses re time... and I imagine these things need organising in advance so all the better

TESTIMONIAL - AUGUST .. Yes?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:30   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
OK August .. PERFECT to combine pre season + testmonial and as its 5 mths away then no excuses re time... and I imagine these things need organising in advance so all the better

TESTIMONIAL - AUGUST .. Yes?
Definitely Great idea K-P. Have been thinking about this for a while,hence the link. As you have said, no issue with time and warning for the club, must think that Eric would have something planned though, I think he has great respect for these two and recognises what they have achieved

Old 06-03-2009, 11:07   #9
I am Banned

KP and all!!

Unfortunately to "protect" the taxation status of any sports testimonial the official club cannot be involved. The only thing a club can do is allow the ground to be used FOC, with the testimonial committee paying the bills. Normally people waive their fee/wages to help towards the cause.

I was on Wilf McGuiness's Bury testimonial committee and the club officials were given this advice then, they can help in the background, but cannot organise.

During last summer brief discussions were held by Coley and Jimmy to set things in motion. If you want to help, speak to the directly, I'm sure they'd welcome any help!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:09   #10

I am soon approaching my second 10 yrs with my employers,as the first ten went unnoticed, I presume the second ten will do also.Football obviously works differently,if I am still there after 25 yrs,I think I might get a celebratory meal at Head Office!!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:17   #11
God Member

Paul Mullin mentioned to me that it is testimonial this coming season as well (good that he mentioned it cos he obviously doesn't plan on going anywhere). He said that he will be having a 'committee' so there has obviously been some kind of planning going on by the three of them.

I reckon they should all pitch in together (one big testimonial season) and have a series of events lined up. Merchandise as well!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:19   #12
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
During last summer brief discussions were held by Coley and Jimmy to set things in motion. If you want to help, speak to the directly, I'm sure they'd welcome any help!!
Right if its in motion then personally no... leave them to it if there already on it.. thats what i wantee to do.. amke sure it was being marked..... pity no one told the fans but never mind... if its already in motion then great... .. cant wait to see what happens
Old 06-03-2009, 11:23   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Right if its in motion then personally no... leave them to it if there already on it.. thats what i wantee to do.. amke sure it was being marked..... pity no one told the fans but never mind... if its already in motion then great... .. cant wait to see what happens

Again KP it's up to Coley and Jimmy and their "helpers" to pass info on NOT the club!!

What's in motion I'm not 100% sure, I was asked to sit in on a meeting last summer, I've heard nothing since.

Perhaps somthing Macca, the OSC and the Ultras could get involved in??
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:39   #14
K-P

Quote:
Again KP it's up to Coley and Jimmy and their "helpers" to pass info on NOT the club!!

Now your starting to get paranoid mark.. i never mentioned the club at all.. I said pity no one told the fans...

Anyway for me I wanted to highlight and find out if anything is being done. according to your good self something is being done and we can help if we want..

For me thats a result... happy to know things are in hand
Old 06-03-2009, 11:53   #15
God Member

Quote:

What's in motion I'm not 100% sure, I was asked to sit in on a meeting last summer, I've heard nothing since.

Perhaps somthing Macca, the OSC and the Ultras could get involved in??
Not having ago Southern, neither is K-P As your are our sole link, is there any chance you could have a quiet word in Coley's ear and ask him to keep us informed, just one line in his words in the matchday programme so we know whats going on and what if anything is required from us

Cheers again Southern (voice -well go between - of the fans)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..