Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2009, 09:46   #1
God Member

Mullers Gone To Bantams

Cannot believe this Bad news for the club

Squad news
Friday 20th Mar 2009

Mullin joins Bradford on loan
Accrington Stanley striker Paul Mullin has joined Bradford City on loan until the end of the season.

Speaking about the deal Stanley Chief Executive Rob Heys said "From the club's point of view it is disappointing to see one of our key players go out on loan, however Paul was very keen to take the opportunity to have a short spell in the Football League with another club, particularly as they are pushing for a play off place which could lead to a chance for him to play at Wembley."

Paul first joined Stanley in the summer of 1995 but was allowed to leave later that season. He had spells with several non-league clubs before returning to Stanley in the UniBond Premier Division in August 2000. Since that time he has been almost an ever present in the side, missing only ten league games in nine seasons. Last season he became the club's all time record appearance holder, notching up 400 games.

Paul will return to Accrington Stanley in May and the club wishes him and Bradford City all the best for the rest of the season. We expect to announce at least two additions to our squad later today.

Lost for words, 2 year contract last season??????

Hope its somebody like Terry Gornell........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 20-03-2009 at 09:51.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2009, 09:55   #2
K-P

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

UNBELIEVABLE... I SWEAR TO GOD THE FIRST THING I DID WAS LOOK AT TODAYS DATE TO SEE IF IT WAS APRIL FOOLS

And yes I know I am shouting..

Worst decision I ahve seen at stanley in my time of watching them ... not happy at all... or is it just shock
Old 20-03-2009, 09:55   #3
God Member

Unhappy Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Still cannot believe it Just when I thought things were coming together with performances and results Just hope we can get in like minded people...

Old 20-03-2009, 09:58   #4
Senior Member+

all i can say is i hope the loan fee we've charged them is astronomical! What are the odds by the way that one of those 2 players coming in is barry conlon? I think this just tells us that the club think we're safe now and that its time to see if we can get some extra cash in. If thats the case them i appreciate the situation but it won't make me any less than gutted about the decision :-(

Last edited by sparkie; 20-03-2009 at 10:01.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 09:59   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
UNBELIEVABLE... I SWEAR TO GOD THE FIRST THING I DID WAS LOOK AT TODAYS DATE TO SEE IF IT WAS APRIL FOOLS

And yes I know I am shouting..

Worst decision I ahve seen at stanley in my time of watching them ... not happy at all... or is it just shock
Its not shock..... you are right K-P. I know he has to go sometime but not like this...IF they get promoted he will not be back... I fear the worst, just hope they lose every match for the rest of the season. Thats three times they have had us over this season - home,away AND NOW THIS........

Old 20-03-2009, 09:59   #6
K-P

What next.. seats on the terrace ?
Old 20-03-2009, 10:01   #7
Senior Member+

If one of the players coming in is Barry Conlon, then it could be ok for us until the end of the season.

Not good news, but it doesn't have to be all bad.
Old 20-03-2009, 10:05   #8
God Member

Cannot understand why he fought for a 2 year deal, he did not go to The Shrews after we accepted an offer, we turned down money from Rochdale (I think, cannot think straight ) and just when things seem to be going OK this !!!!!!!!

Old 20-03-2009, 10:06   #9
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Not good news, but it doesn't have to be all bad.
personally i think your wrong.. I think the clubs wrong... BUT and this is the BIG BUT .... results will decide if its a good or bad thing.. we can but wait and see...

Plus I think its a Google Page Ranking disaster to tell us pauls gone and someone else will be coming in... should ahve named names instead of just upsetting a lot of people..

Last edited by K-P; 20-03-2009 at 10:08.
K-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:09   #10
God Member

I think the chances of Paul leaving the club permanently are very, very slim.

For one, he is under contract for next season so Bratfoot would have to part with a transfer fee to secure his signing. I don't think they would do that for a player of Paul's age.

Secondly the loan fee (or Bantams paying his wages, or both) is obviously desperately needed. We wouldn't let him go otherwise.

Don't get me wrong - my initial reactions are ones of anger and confusion - just trying to keep calm! Incidentally I've just adopted a twitch...

Let's just pray that the players brought in have eight legs each and are eight feet tall. They might just fill the gastronomical gap that Paul left, that way.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:11   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I think the chances of Paul leaving the club permanently are very, very slim.

For one, he is under contract for next season so Bratfoot would have to part with a transfer fee to secure his signing. I don't think they would do that for a player of Paul's age.

Secondly the loan fee (or Bantams paying his wages, or both) is obviously desperately needed. We wouldn't let him go otherwise.

Don't get me wrong - my initial reactions are ones of anger and confusion - just trying to keep calm! Incidentally I've just adopted a twitch...

Let's just pray that the players brought in have eight legs each and are eight feet tall. They might just fill the gastronomical gap that Paul left, that way.
If we have brought players in ( Three up to now ) they must cost us???? And fail to see how any/all of those will fill the gap......

Old 20-03-2009, 10:12   #12
Senior Member+

Three players have joined
Midfielder Adam kay from burnley util end of season
Michael Symes from Shrewsbury Town for one month hes a striker
Zak Hibbert as goalkeeper from burscough
see fishy site for more details

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:14   #13
God Member

Oh My God!!! No - what the hell is going on, I did exactly the same as Kipax - checking the date, unbloody-beleivable. Just getting in to good form and we lose Mullers - to that lot, how anyone can say it's not all bad, it's damn near catastrophic.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:14   #14
K-P

what a crock
Old 20-03-2009, 10:15   #15
God Member

Now we have Kay from Burnley, we will be OK to let Jimmy Ryan go out on loan A) We have a replacement, B) It will bring in cash!

BAD NEWS FULLSTOP!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..