Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2009, 14:43   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Absolutely, well and truely GUTTED!

I just hope this doesnt backfire on our survival and that he will be back with us for next season!

Who else finds it hard to see Mullin in a Bradford shirt ??

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2009, 14:47   #62

Everthing considered, I would not expect Paul to play again for the Stanley!

Great Guy!...Best of Luck Paul!
Old 20-03-2009, 14:58   #63
God Member

I reckon this decision calls for chant after chant of 'There's only 1 Paul Mullin' tomorrow.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 15:16   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I reckon this decision calls for chant after chant of 'There's only 1 Paul Mullin' tomorrow.
i reckon thats daft, whoever is playing in his place, needs encouragement not discouraging.
Old 20-03-2009, 15:33   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i reckon thats daft, whoever is playing in his place, needs encouragement not discouraging.
100% agree with you! who ever runs out in place of Mullin needs 100% backing all way through the game, because no doubt in his own mind he knows he will have abit of pressure

but tomorrow is going to be very good

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 15:38   #66
Junior Member+

i reckon paul mullin will def be back at stanley for the start of next season! even if he does well for bradford they won't want to pay a transfer fee. i know it seems a strange decision to let him go for the last couple months of the season, but with accy being more or less safe from the drop it isn't that big a gamble. it gets his wages off the bill for a while & does anyone have an idea of the money bradford have paid stanley for the loan?? unless you do can we really know if this is a good or bad deal for our club?
kevin wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 15:41   #67
Senior Member+

Rumour i just heard is Eric Whalley is set to step down as chairman..
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 15:51   #68
Full Member+

I agree with Jeff and Cashman. I think Paul, great servant though he has been, has looked decidedly jaded in recent weeks. In fact, against Vale on Tuesday I thopught he had a bit of a 'mare. THe truth is, we have to look forward and, like it or not, a 35 year old Paul Mullin is not the fufure of the club. Now at least we'll get the chance to see how we look without him - and sending him on loan to Bradford is certainly a better option than just dropping him, which I felt was something we ought to be thinking about.

If he does well, regains a bit of form and comes back, then great. If not, then so be it. No player is bigger than the club.

What we need to do now is to get behind the new guys - singing songs about a Bradford Ciry player is not the kind of thing which will do their confidence any good at all.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 15:59   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the thing i see here is some are letting sentiment rule oer common sense, ferget paul mullen fer now, in bare fact Stanley are the club, Mullen is just n ex player, wish him well n get on wi it.
Old 20-03-2009, 16:01   #70
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Rumour i just heard is Eric Whalley is set to step down as chairman..
We know Its one of them many stanley worst kept secret things... but whats it got to do with this?
Old 20-03-2009, 16:06   #71
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgobbin View Post
No player is bigger than the club.
then why didnt we say no.. why didnt we tell him we need you here to help us survive.. the excuse so far is.. he wanted to go and its best for him.... how does that work if the club is more important than one man?

we should ahve kept him and he would have still played his heart out for us because he is that sort of person.. instead we went for the pound notes.. typical..

now look at some of the posts on here saying forget paul mullin... ok if we win on saturday and tuesday then its all worked out.

but to say forget paul mullin he is a bradfford player... thats sad I for one never thought i would see stanley fans saying that about PM
Old 20-03-2009, 16:17   #72
Full Member+

" why didnt we tell him we need you here to help us survive.. "

Presumably because we feel we don't need him to help us survive - and that I agree with.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:23   #73
God Member

There is clearly no other reason except for the club's money troubles why we have had to allow Paul Mullin to go out on loan. We must've received a multitude of these kind of offers in the past and have been able to decline them. The garble on the website about Paul wanting to play at a different level is utter tosh. Paul Mullin signed a two year contract intending to see out his career in red, not in Bratfoot's minging kit. If we lose Paul Mullin this summer, the people at the club will have let Accrington Stanley and it's fans down, big time. But that's just conjecture for now.

I still think that this whole nightmarish episode is the worst piece of business ever done.... and we have seen Justin Jackson here.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:30   #74
Senior Member+

If Paul Mullin did not want to go on loan to bradford he would of said no. No club can force a player to go somewhere they do not want to go! Now unless anyone has spoken to Paul in the last 5 hours than we will just have to take the club's word for it! Whether people belive it or not! Tomorrow we are playing without him and we should get behind ever stanley player tomorrow. Paul Mullin is a Stanley legend and always will be but for that 90mins tomorrow, back every stanley player sing the players song's, song's about the club and the managerment. Win, Lose or draw Stanley will still be football league next year. Whether Mullin will be apart of that is something we will just have to wait to see. But if we lose tomorrow it's nor the club's fault or Mullins fault. That fact that they are 6th and we are 19th may have something to do with it! Everything will be good, we had to play without Mullin someday and this has come sooner than some would of liked!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 16:41   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
If Paul Mullin did not want to go on loan the bradford he would of said no, No club can force a player to go somewhere they do not want to go! Now unless anyone has spoken to Paul in the last 5 hours than we will just have to take the club's word for it!
Utter rubbish.

Also, your "oh well, Paul's gone, get over it and move on" attitude just won't cut it. Paul signed for Stanley a season or two after I started coming on the Crown regularly and his exemplary footballing ethic has been one of the main reasons why I've continued to watch the reds. If anyone embodies Accrington Stanley, Paul Mullin is far ahead of any other contender. It is impossible to feel positive about the Exeter game when there's such a huge feeling of loss. It sounds stupid and melodramatic but it's true. Come back Paul!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..