Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2009, 15:21   #1
God Member

Our Credit Report

Someone posted this website on another forum about Chester City. I did a quick search for ASFC and it returned thus:

UK business credit reports, risk scores, annual account and company filings online from UK Data Ltd

A couple of questions from a person who is more than challenged by jargon:
What on earth does "Small unquoted company filing only an abbreviated balance sheet" mean?
Also, maybe I need to read more Phil Whalley, but why is the company's incorporation date 1976?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2009, 15:32   #2
God Member

Re: Our Credit Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Someone posted this website on another forum about Chester City. I did a quick search for ASFC and it returned thus:

UK business credit reports, risk scores, annual account and company filings online from UK Data Ltd

A couple of questions from a person who is more than challenged by jargon:
What on earth does "Small unquoted company filing only an abbreviated balance sheet" mean?
Also, maybe I need to read more Phil Whalley, but why is the company's incorporation date 1976?
The Company is not quoted on the Stock Exchange and a full Balance Sheet is not required to be submitted to Companies House.
Incorporation: Date of Registration.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 15:32   #3
Resting In Peace

A 'Small unquoted company filing only an abbreviated balance sheet'

This type of Company is required to file accounts with Companies House but is not required to disclose it's turnover or profit and loss.

I notice that the last accounts were filed five months late on 28/08/08 for the period to 31/05/07. These accounts should have been filed by 31/03/08

To qualify to be a small company, at least two of the following conditions must be met:

annual turnover must be £5.6 million or less;
the balance sheet total must be £2.8 million or less;
the average number of employees must be 50 or fewer.

Last edited by JEFF; 28-04-2009 at 15:40.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 15:42   #4
God Member

Thanks for that.

I know it took a while to start up after the refomation of '68, but I still don't get why the incorporation date for the company is 24/11/1976

Think I'll go with the earlier instinct & look it up in the Whalley Bible.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 16:06   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Thanks for that.

I know it took a while to start up after the refomation of '68, but I still don't get why the incorporation date for the company is 24/11/1976

Think I'll go with the earlier instinct & look it up in the Whalley Bible.
I would think that when they reformed they reformed as a football club and therefore didn't need to be a company. Only guessing but I would think 1976 is when shares were issued on a more formal basis. Be interesting to know the answer
Old 28-04-2009, 16:15   #6
Super Moderator

Was it not something to do with the old Accrington Stanley (1921) Ltd and the debts they incurred? I think they had to wait a certain number of years after the winding up of the old company before they set up a new company with the same name, or they could have been liable for their debts. That's my theory, anyway.
Old 28-04-2009, 16:21   #7
God Member

Apparently it was a change of name;

New non league club in the Lancashire Combination in 1970, Accrington
Stanley (1968), renamed as Accrington Stanley in 1976.
Old 28-04-2009, 17:43   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Apparently it was a change of name;

New non league club in the Lancashire Combination in 1970, Accrington
Stanley (1968), renamed as Accrington Stanley in 1976.
Did they not play as simply "Stanley68" initially?
Old 28-04-2009, 18:03   #9
God Member

I may be slightly off but I think the club was formed in 1968 with a committee, the first chairman was Bill Parkinson of Accrington Stanley (1968), it was in November 1976 that Accrington Stanley (1968) moved from being run by a committee to become a limited company and changed to just Accrington Stanley
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 09:26   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I may be slightly off but I think the club was formed in 1968 with a committee, the first chairman was Bill Parkinson of Accrington Stanley (1968), it was in November 1976 that Accrington Stanley (1968) moved from being run by a committee to become a limited company and changed to just Accrington Stanley

100% correct

In 1968 the concern was that IF they took the old name Accrington Stanley, they may have been persued for the old club ASFC 1921 Ltd's debts.

By being a Club/Society with a name (ASFC 1968) there would be a clear legal distinction.

John Alty came along and turned the Club/Society into a legal private limited company with share captal, shareholders and directors.

The due to the "small turnover" in businesss terms we are not required to publish as much information as much larger organisations.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 09:29   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

why have i got it in me head it was just Stanley 68 please southern red?
Old 29-04-2009, 11:41   #12
I am Banned

The name the club adopted in 1968 was:

Acrington Stanley (1968) FC

In 1976, they came a Private Limited Company

Accrington Stanley FC Limited

Can't help any more than that, any more info ask Jack Barrett, unfortunatly there aren't too many let from that era
Old 29-04-2009, 12:16   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
The name the club adopted in 1968 was:

Acrington Stanley (1968) FC

In 1976, they came a Private Limited Company

Accrington Stanley FC Limited

Can't help any more than that, any more info ask Jack Barrett, unfortunatly there aren't too many let from that era
cheers fer response, will do a bit more fishing as its bugging me now. theres still a few of us still batting, but i take yer point, quite a few of me mates have croaked.
Old 29-04-2009, 17:00   #14
God Member

Smile Re: Our Credit Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
100% correct

In 1968 the concern was that IF they took the old name Accrington Stanley, they may have been persued for the old club ASFC 1921 Ltd's debts.

By being a Club/Society with a name (ASFC 1968) there would be a clear legal distinction.

John Alty came along and turned the Club/Society into a legal private limited company with share captal, shareholders and directors.

The due to the "small turnover" in businesss terms we are not required to publish as much information as much larger organisations.
Nice to see you back posting Southern

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 20:53   #15
I am Banned

Thanks for the vote of confidence

Havn't stopped viewing, but at times the views on here are Cr*p!!

Planning to PM 1 or 2, but on the whole I applaud the good folk on here

ASFC has many positives, lets focus on these, instead of failing out on our failings!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..