Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48   #1
I am Banned

FOA Bagpuss

Sir
Yep well done for dragging your feet for 3 years missing out on grants and then at the last minute lying to the fans and putting seats on the Clayton End, cheers.

Can you post anything positive about ASFC???

In this comment and one more recently, you seem to indicate that I only post propaganda.

For that season I have only been veiwing this site for a while and can fully understand why the club have distanced itself form Accyweb.

I believe that this last 10 days or so, despite the issue with the Player of the Year booking, we have seen what makes Accrington Stanley so special as a club.

Staff and supporters working as a team for the common good of the club we all love.

Players and management meeting with fans on a regular basis.

Can we take forward this superb spirit to drive us forward?? I believe we can; however can we all be positive??

Yes mistakes are made, but lets focus not spend all our life focusing on them!!

If you fancy a pint in the Crown, PM me and I gladly discuss any issue you have
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2009, 09:21   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: FOA Bagpuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Can you post anything positive about ASFC???
Yes Sir I can, the foofball side of Stanley has been far better this year and I believe getting John and Jimmy to sign new contracts is a good move. The fact that Eric is leaving is also a positive for the club, despite all he has done his departure is the way forward.

Always smiling Bagpuss

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41   #3
I am Banned

THANK YOU

The offer of a pint still stands
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09   #4
Super Moderator

Well worth taking SR up on his offer, Baggy. Going for a pint with him is an interesting and pleasant experience and may make you look at things in a slightly different light.

It even stopped me whinging for awhile.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:12   #5

Bagpuss stuck to his word on the last game of the season and very generously bought 10 tickets off me - very positive in my eyes :-) More of the same next season please!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:39   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Yes Sir I can, the foofball side of Stanley has been far better this year and I believe getting John and Jimmy to sign new contracts is a good move. The fact that Eric is leaving is also a positive for the club, despite all he has done his departure is the way forward.

Always smiling Bagpuss
spot on baggy, pity southern red thinks its right to distance from the crap. still suppose its right as the club seem to ignore the fans wi it.
Old 02-05-2009, 15:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
spot on baggy, pity southern red thinks its right to distance from the crap. still suppose its right as the club seem to ignore the fans wi it.
Here we have a Director and friend to many on here offering to chat meet up and even get the beers in Like Wyonie says take Mark up on his offer...

Some of the crap that was posted on Accyweb was Slanderous when the club removed the link. If the club were in any way connected with some of the wording even by association they would have been wide open to all sorts of potential claims.

I for one didnt like the link being removed but when it was pointed out to me why then i fully agreed with the decision, The club could have explained the reasoning but chose not to ?? now thats their call... i suspect they didnt want any further hassle.

Onwards and upwards chaps lets not fall out it's been a great season.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 17:10   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser View Post
Bagpuss stuck to his word on the last game of the season and very generously bought 10 tickets off me - very positive in my eyes :-) More of the same next season please!
That was more to do with his perversion than his integrity

( PS Have you got any photos from today )
Old 03-05-2009, 16:02   #9

more to the point Bagpusses avatar has extremely salacious overtones, o.k. the tongue isn't quite up to speed but not a bad effort.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 22:01   #10
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
That was more to do with his perversion than his integrity
Liz is a very nice person who works very hard selling tickets for the 50/50 draw, I made an offer and she accepted, it was a business deal, end of.

Sorry Slerpy changed my avatar to something a bit more suitable

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 05-05-2009, 17:33   #11
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
Some of the crap that was posted on Accyweb was Slanderous when the club removed the link. If the club were in any way connected with some of the wording even by association they would have been wide open to all sorts of potential claims.
This has been bugging me so I made time to investigate what the hell you were talking about, I've spoken to different people in the know, friends with legal knowledge and the opinion is what was posted on accyweb was NOT slanderous, nothing that was posted would have left the club wide open to all sorts of potential claims, in fact it was just a smokescreen because certain people at the club didn't like being questioned or just couldn't be arsed so it was simply removed, out of sight out of mind, a bit like the treatment of Mr Khan.

Feel free to post a link to all the slanderous material if you like, but I doubt you even know what it was.

Old 05-05-2009, 18:40   #12
I am Banned

Give us a gree, like me knows that exact reasons.

You know why?? because he paid his money, then asked an official a question, then got the answer.

And you know thats what makes ASFC special. That's what we need to market.

If your bored get on the Bury message board, hilarious!!! Now complaining that some of their seats had bird muck on them on Saturday. They want to know why the groundstaff can't clean them!!! Somebody has suggested a working party in the summer,( not my job, I'm a supporter not a cleaner) another wants the youth team to do the job, others say employ more cleaners!!! As if a league 2 club can afford a seat cleaner!!

Come to Accy and the Ultras who want to stand on the Clayton End come and spend several nights fitting seats. Even the Cowshed regulars join in the work.

Thats what makes us special, fans who MATTER!!!!

The offer of a pint STILL stands!!
Old 05-05-2009, 19:39   #13
Accy Red

Quote:
Give us a gree, like me knows that exact reasons.
Don't start on me again, the guy made a statement I checked it out and along with some others that know don't agree with him. Why the speech about Bury fans and so on was brought into this I don't know, some would say this is an attempt to change the subject, please feel free to post a link to the slanderous posts if you're so sure.

Old 05-05-2009, 19:45   #14
Accy Red

Quote:
Thats what makes us special, fans who MATTER!!!!
I get it know, anyone who mutters anything derogatory against the club doesn't matter.

Old 05-05-2009, 20:16   #15
I am Banned

Sir

I really haven't got the time to re-post the comment.

If you really want to know PM me and I'll explain.

And no, IMHO the club don't surpress anything!!

And yes ALL our fans matter!!

Last edited by southernred; 05-05-2009 at 20:18. Reason: something added

Tags
bollox

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..