Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2009, 14:31   #31

Re: Winding up proceedings

How many years does this debt go back?
How can we pay back this money on a monthly basis when we're only getting about 1300 bums on seats?
Surely we have to show the taxman some sort of plan for repayment of these debts?
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2009, 14:32   #32
Super Moderator

Whatever the rights and wrongs, WHY are the club ignoring a well-intentioned supporter who wants to invest £200,000? I know I keep banging on about this, but it just seems sheer and utter madness.
Old 29-05-2009, 14:34   #33

Its on the BBC now - BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington

As has been mentioned the £300,000 owing is small fry compared to the millions which are and will pour into Burnley during the forthcoming season. Investment has desperately been needed for a long time now and sadly nothing has bared fruit which is why we find ourselves in this current predicament. Unfortunately it has been an accident waiting to happen and one that most of us feared.
Old 29-05-2009, 14:35   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Yeah, same with you too. 59 posts in 3 years? Feel free to join in when you're ready and not just when the **** hit that fan!!
Read my other posts. You'll see that I don't only reply when it hits the fan.
I think it is very important that anybody involved (even slightly) with the Stanley voices their opinions at this time.
Of course, if you think you know better than me (having only posted 59 times in 3 years) and that I'm not entitled to my opinion, then I will bow to your superiority.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:37   #35

At the moment this is not to bad, the club must negotiate with the revenue and come to an agreed timetable for payment. basically the revenue are getting as bit heavy. this is not a time to p*ss off Eric as he will have to be a guarantor on a bank loan. I have a rough idea on these things as mrs. slerpy worked for coutts &co. for 32 years as a bank manager.a sticky time but no where near admin. unless of course Eric "does one".
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:45   #36

bit at the bottom from Rob urging us not to panic:

Accrington in cash crisis - Football - Sport - Manchester Evening News
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:46   #37
Senior Member+

Apparently Rochdale had one of these a couple of years ago. It was repaid and that was that. The issue is, how do we repay it? I would presume that this hasn't come out of the blue and that the club have known it was coming for some time. I would therefore hope that the new budgeting structure was arranged with this in mind and a plan will be in place to repay the money over a period of time, but like I said before, who knows?
Old 29-05-2009, 14:49   #38

One week ago today I posted on the following thread...
and not a lot of people had much to say....

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 14:56   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
I would presume that this hasn't come out of the blue and that the club have known it was coming for some time.
So again I ask, why have they ignored Ilyas Khan?
Old 29-05-2009, 15:08   #40
God Member

Quote:
Apparently Rochdale had one of these a couple of years ago. It was repaid and that was that. The issue is, how do we repay it? I would presume that this hasn't come out of the blue and that the club have known it was coming for some time. I would therefore hope that the new budgeting structure was arranged with this in mind and a plan will be in place to repay the money over a period of time, but like I said before, who knows?

One of the few who speak sense on here anymore....

Grimsby have also been in this position when the sky digital went bust, they where given around 7 years to pay off 700k, the inland revenue will want the club to carry on trading as this is their best chance of them getting their cash.

It would be easy for the club to go into admin and write of these debts although we would get 10 points deducted, it is much harder work to try and ensure the club carry on as we are and honour the current debts which have been run up

The wording of this news is worse than the actual reality,
Although its not good...this may give some people in accrington a kick up their arses to support their local team if they want a league team in accrington

Keep the faith
Old 29-05-2009, 15:10   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So again I ask, why have they ignored Ilyas Khan?

maybe a mud slinging contest would be more bad news for the club???
Old 29-05-2009, 15:11   #42
Senior Member+

It does rather make a mockery of all that we have read about Eric Whalley looking after the purse strings so carefully.

I've said it before, and no doubt I'll say it again, but the club needs a new broom to sweep through it. In reality, the last three years have been an endless saga of missed opportunities. We seem to have a huge opportunity now with Ilyas Khan. If the club does not use this opportunity, it probably will not get any more.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 15:15   #43
God Member

I'm extremely worried.

Maybe Ilyas Khan would be prepared to pay the tax man for us and afterwards purchase the club for £1! Silly dream I know. We don't even know why the club aren't talking to Ilyas, at this perilous stage it cannot be pure ignorance.

I know it's not the most important thing the club has to face right now, but if the worst scenario finds itself actualised, what will happen to season ticket money?

Last edited by shakermaker; 29-05-2009 at 15:19.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 15:17   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
maybe a mud slinging contest would be more bad news for the club???
Costs nothing to talk to the guy. He's a genuine Stanley fan who wants to put money into the club and also appears to possess a fair amount of commercial acumen. Hardly bad news, I would've thought!
Old 29-05-2009, 15:20   #45
God Member

Smile Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
One of the few who speak sense on here anymore....

Grimsby have also been in this position when the sky digital went bust, they where given around 7 years to pay off 700k, the inland revenue will want the club to carry on trading as this is their best chance of them getting their cash.

It would be easy for the club to go into admin and write of these debts although we would get 10 points deducted, it is much harder work to try and ensure the club carry on as we are and honour the current debts which have been run up

The wording of this news is worse than the actual reality,
Although its not good...this may give some people in accrington a kick up their arses to support their local team if they want a league team in accrington

Keep the faith
Thanks for this post J.T. And the one attatched Maybe it is not as bad as it seems in words.... But the club must now take onboard all/any help offered to it......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..