Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2009, 12:55   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Winding up proceedings

Nothing new to add, and TM did a good job on transribing Eric's interview, but all 7 mins. available at: BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Accrington face winding-up order , altough I expect most of you will have heard it by now.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2009, 13:22   #107
God Member

Smile Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Nothing new to add, and TM did a good job on transribing Eric's interview, but all 7 mins. available at: BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Accrington face winding-up order , altough I expect most of you will have heard it by now.
Cheers for that Oggy Other than the seats bit - we have known about it for long enough - a frank and honest interview, just hope that most of what he said transpires.......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 17:38   #108
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Cheers for that Oggy Other than the seats bit - we have known about it for long enough - a frank and honest interview, just hope that most of what he said transpires.......
Yes, but again no questioning by the interviewer as to why Mr Khan is being excluded. Maybe it was a precondition of Eric's that this was a no-go area. But why?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 18:16   #109
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Yes, but again no questioning by the interviewer as to why Mr Khan is being excluded. Maybe it was a precondition of Eric's that this was a no-go area. But why?
Perhaps Willie Miller would like to ask Eric this question, I've tried under different names but no response, maybe because I'm only a moaning fan.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 18:19   #110
God Member

Question Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Good point Redraine The issue re Ilyas is one of those thing's that people have their own view's on I am afraid I personally have no idea why anybody would not talk to someone who love's the club, has money to put in and on top of eveything else, is already a shareholder????????? Sorry but that one has me beat....

Old 31-05-2009, 19:02   #111
God Member

Question Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Gives the Ultras praise!

Oatcake Fanzine - Accrington Stanley Ultras!

Superb!!!

The thought of this not being is unthinkable....

Old 31-05-2009, 19:15   #112
Super Moderator

Posting from an internet cafe somewhere in downtown Lima and there´s a cold beer waiting for me in the bar next door, so I´ll make this brief...

Can somebody PLEASE ask Eric why the hell he´s not talking to a well intentioned fan who wants to put 250,000 into the club. At this moment in time, it seems absolutely suicidal, that he´s continuing to ignore Ilyas. Like everyone else on here, I love my football club and I want to see it survive by any means possible. Come on, someone, put Eric on the spot ASAP! Sorry if that makes me a moaner, Jase!

Hasta la vista.
Old 31-05-2009, 20:31   #113
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I'd love to know what the players think of Eric refusal to talk to Ilyas Khan and the current situation, some are out of contract tomorrow maybe one or two could post on here, we know they read our message board.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 20:34   #114
Senior Member+

I'm just in the process of typing out an email to the Sports Editor of Radio Lancashire (Gary Hickson) to ask him to find out what the situation is with Ilyas and his attempts to contact the club. Hopefull this will trigger something, but if not, then we'll know for certain that there some kind of news embargo on this issue.
Old 31-05-2009, 21:14   #115
God Member

is it just a straight £250,000 or are there terms and conditions we dont know about.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 22:23   #116
Member.

I don't know. but I'd gladly wipe Erics arse if he'd accept the money and let us all move forward...........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00   #117
Senior Member+

Having been away over the weekend, I've had time to reflect and I'm only just catching up on the various posts. So, for what they are worth, herewith my latest thoughts.

1. About Eric's interview, the cost of the extra seats should have been budgeted over the three years we have been in the League. The club has always known (or should have known) the rules. Was it pinning its faith on a strange belief that somehow the Football League would bend its rules?

2. Still relating to that interview, we should not forget that the loss of revenue from Fraser Eagle's shirt sponsorship was the responsibility of the club. The club had assumed that the deal was longer than in fact it was.

3. Why has the club for so long ignored other possible income streams? This messageboard has been full of excellent ideas, especially from Macca.

4. What will the players be thinking? Those considering new contracts are hardly likely to put pen to paper in present circumstances. Those still under contract are more likely to look for offers from other clubs.

5. Elsewhere it has been noted that a potential sponsor has been put off by the betting scandal. I wonder if the reason, more specifically, was the scandal itself - or rather the club's handling of it.

6. This is the most crucial point. If Eric Whalley has brought us to this situation, how can he be expected to get us out of it? As many others have said, the accumulation of the debt would have been deliberate. Why was no action taken earlier? How can it be possible for action to be taken now that could not have been taken, say 6 months ago?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:05   #118
Senior Member+

It was an unfortunate banner ad at the top of the page when I posted my previous message. It read "Closing your company? - Free liquidation advice.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09   #119

Quote:
Ever thought of the reason Eric may not like the bloke in any way shape or form?

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:37   #120
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I don't think anyone is denying that this is the result of an accumulation of debt over a period of time.
I think Eric is denying this. He has always said that he would keep the club in the black and never let it get into debt and never allow things to get like they were in 1962. Well, surprise, surprise - we have been in trouble for over a year, but he has still been lying to us. How does he expect to sell the club and how much must he be asking. What is the club worth? If Eric sells his 56% for £1, whoever buys it will have to pay the debt of aroung £400,000. So Eric's 56% will have cost the buyer £400,001, this would put the value of the club at around £700,000. I don't think so.

The only thing a buyer gets is the seats, the concrete and the steelwork which make up the ground plus the name 'Accrington Stanley'. How much does anybody realistically think that Eric's 56% is worth.

I have heard that if he does manage to sell the club he is intends getting involved with Clitheroe Fotball Club, but i don't know if there is any truth in the rumour or not.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..