Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 13:17   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Winding up proceedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
134 Years of History ended over £22,000
I think this sums it all up. I bet the majority of people on here didn't even know that Darwen had gone, mainly because it's of no interest to them. Some may think it's sad, but most won't care.

Who really cares if Stanley goes to the wall again? A relatively small number of fans, but a mere drop in the overall ocean.
Old 02-06-2009, 14:01   #152
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Sounds a little like snubbing Peter to pay Paul!
Literally.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 15:41   #153
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Who really cares if Stanley goes to the wall again? A relatively small number of fans, but a mere drop in the overall ocean.
The sickening part is your right, very few will care and that’s what ****s me off. Back in 1962 the world changed and apart for a few who believed in Stanley’s rebirth the grief was far to much for most people, those that did care many would never believed that it could or would happen again.

Eric Whalley was part of that rebirth and he along with others give us our pride back, now it would appear that greed, stupidity or sheer arrogance will turn the tide and bring that darkness back over Accrington’s Football Club.

The stupidity of it is that Eric must know that the longer this goes on the less likely he will be at ever recovering the thousands he’s put in over the years. If he were to put aside his arrogance and work with the few that again have raised the Standard to fight to keep Accrington Stanley Alive not only would he recover and gain financially but he will regain the admiration and backing of a faithful and enduring fan base, if he fails to listen, if he fails to act he’ll have no honour, no support and nothing to rebuild a future on, because although only a few will give a ****, everybody will know who’s fault it was…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 16:49   #154
God Member

ACCRINGTON RECEIVE TAX REPRIEVE | Coca Cola League 2 Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

apparently the latest according to some website other than ours
Old 02-06-2009, 18:06   #155
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Eric Whalley was part of that rebirth and he along with others give us our pride back, now it would appear that greed, stupidity or sheer arrogance will turn the tide and bring that darkness back over Accrington’s Football Club.

The stupidity of it is that Eric must know that the longer this goes on the less likely he will be at ever recovering the thousands he’s put in over the years. If he were to put aside his arrogance and work with the few that again have raised the Standard to fight to keep Accrington Stanley Alive not only would he recover and gain financially but he will regain the admiration and backing of a faithful and enduring fan base, if he fails to listen, if he fails to act he’ll have no honour, no support and nothing to rebuild a future on, because although only a few will give a ****, everybody will know who’s fault it was…..
Thing is Doug that Eric Whalley thinks he is bigger than Accrington Stanley, in fact I bet he thinks he is Accrington Stanley. When really we all know he is clinging on to power with the sole intention of lining his own pocket.
As Jeff said earlier in the thread, issue some new shares the money would go to Stanley, which will dilute Whalleys 51.14% holding. The new shares could then be bought up until Whalleys % is 49% then he could be voted out as chairman and his shares would be virtually worthless, ha ha.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 18:18   #156
God Member

Would You Buy A Used Car (or Football Club) From This Man?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 20:43   #157
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

No
Old 03-06-2009, 09:20   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

out of order this post. Read the post from Ilyas in speaking up to EW.
I am no fan of Eric or a supporter of him. I like others would have preferred him to keep his word and leave the club when we got promotion to the FL as he said he would. However, you cannot deny the good things that have happened during his tenure. Love him or hate him, this is no time for a witch hunt.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:32   #159
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I am no fan of Eric or a supporter of him. I like others would have preferred him to keep his word and leave the club when we got promotion to the FL as he said he would. However, you cannot deny the good things that have happened during his tenure. Love him or hate him, this is no time for a witch hunt.
Nobody is denying the good things Eric has done for Stanley in the past but it is the present and future that are important at the moment and at the present he is not doing good things for Stanley. In the Telegraph today it states that the end of season money from the Football League will probably go towards paying the tax man. If this is the case, where is the money coming from for the day to day running of the club? Eric says that Stanley will not go into administration. If the club went into administration now they wouldn't receive the end of season pay out which is due in June, but once the end of season payment is received who is to say that he won't put the club into administration. The year end accounts up to 31st May 2008 should have been lodged at Companies House by 31st March 2009 and they still haven't been lodged. The club will probably be getting fined for this. Why can they not just put the accounts in an envelope and send them in? All this just for the cost of a stamp. The club is being run like a Unibond club, run by amateurs who are out of their depth. It's time for Eric to cut his losses and get this share issue done and relinquish his total control of the club. At least then the Directors will be able to vote and make decisions.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:51   #160

Like I said earlier, robbing Peter to pay Paul.....

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 17:01   #161
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post

I was talking about the car
Old 03-06-2009, 17:48   #162

What a happy bunch . Nothings changed on here I see . I too would like the share option and take Mr Khans cash but also think we are a very small fish , just like macclesfield , and would have been better off staying in the conf as a top half team . We are not going to get promoted with the present set up and even though we have improved each season , it has been minor and we cant live of loan players .
depechemodemute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 18:22   #163
God Member

STRANGE...if the club are in such a periolous position, how come they aren't flogging last seasons remaining stock online? I would've thought they would be having an 'End of Season' sale ?. I can understand not promoting 'Player Sponsorship', but what about all other forms of fundraising-'Buy the House' bookings for next season etc.? Looking at the clubs website certainly gives me the impression that there's nothing amiss and everything is OK (HM Customs post apart.) Surely a business 'On to it' would be exploring every fundraising avenue availiable.???.
Puzzled.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 18:22   #164
God Member

Question Re: Winding up proceedings

From the L.E.T. article tonight.... Posted by U.K. Cowboy....

Chairman Eric Whalley has revealed that he spoke to Khan on Monday but, asked whether Stanley are capable of surviving without accepting Khan’s money, he said: “We can survive without anyone’s money.

"It’s not a vendetta, it’s just a case of going forward.”

Just hope Eric is right, but who think's he is?????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 20:36   #165

Eric said that he is 99% certain that we will still be here next season. If the 1% becomes a real possibility he must vow to issue more shares. In other words He will do WHATEVER is necessary to ensure the club's future, which might be different to looking after his own interests.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric whalley, thefanisdirty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..