Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2009, 17:01   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: v Lincoln game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Great day at the Crown today, really enjoyed the game. Good display by all the team. If I was being picky I'd say we have to learn not to give the ball away so cheaply and Mullin should really have scored with the header in the first half. All in all though, well happy
I think the club should organise some prosthetics to re-shape Mully's forehead. He heads the ball a lot but it hardly ever goes in the right direction ( Last minute on Tuesday night excepted of course!)
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2009, 17:08   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Great day at the Crown today, really enjoyed the game. Good display by all the team. If I was being picky I'd say we have to learn not to give the ball away so cheaply and Mullin should really have scored with the header in the first half. All in all though, well happy
Should have scored in second half towards the end as well, but hey ho, we won and I don't care. Great display from all the team, I think Alan Martin deserves a lot of credit for the 2 saves he made towards the end of the match having had not a lot to do all day.Biggest disappointment for me was the crowd numbers, I would have thought after Tuesday's exploits and Burnley being away there might have been a few more on and also the half time draw was number 0794 and I had 0792 and 0793 - bummer.

Overall a good workmen like performance from Stanley with the defence holding there nerve and keeping a clean sheet. More of the same please on Tuesday against Northampton. Well chuffed with other results around the country i.e. Stoke, Burton Albion and Man City results.

Onwards and upwards

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 17:14   #18
God Member

Well I must admit I was rather impressed with our team today, thought Miles was superb all game..............We actually CAN play football...........well done lads!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 17:15   #19

Good battling display today,plus good support from the Ultras. This has the makings of a good side and a good season,cart on Stanley.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 17:26   #20
Full Member+

Any news on Billy Kee? He wasn't even a substitute today.

As with the Walsall game, we didn't have lots of chances, but the ones that we carved out were very good ones. Mullin could/should have had a couple and a Stanley player was one-on-one with the goalkeeper, but unfortunately it was Phil Edwards!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 17:27   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Well I must admit I was rather impressed with our team today, thought Miles was superb all game..............We actually CAN play football...........well done lads!
that to me is it U.K. playing much more passing football rather n big boot up to no-one. can only inspire confidence IMHO
Old 15-08-2009, 17:28   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post

As with the Walsall game, we didn't have lots of chances, but the ones that we carved out were very good ones. Mullin could/should have had a couple and a Stanley player was one-on-one with the goalkeeper, but unfortunately it was Phil Edwards!
Heard at half time he was injured in training yesterday, right or wrong who knows?
Old 15-08-2009, 17:58   #23
Senior Member+

Kempson was immense today and never gave Howe a look in. Jamie Clark was, well, Jamie Clark.....lol Can't see him lasting long at Lincoln.

A very good performance once again, but we need to be converting more of our chances or we will pay the price against better teams.
Old 15-08-2009, 18:51   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Kempson was immense today and never gave Howe a look in. Jamie Clark was, well, Jamie Clark.....lol Can't see him lasting long at Lincoln.

A very good performance once again, but we need to be converting more of our chances or we will pay the price against better teams.
thats assuming the better teams manage to score, way defense is playing this season that aint certain.
Old 15-08-2009, 20:19   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Biggest disappointment for me was the crowd numbers,
I was pleasantly surprised by the gate. Rovers at home to Man City, Burnley only 50 miles down the road in their first premiership game...I was fearing the worst. Considering there were under a thousand Stanley fans on last Tuesday and today there were almost 1,500 on with around 200 away fans, an increase of over 300 home fans seems a step in the right direction to me. It'll be a long, slow process, winning the fans back, but with the new go-ahead attitude at the club and superb performances like today's, it'll happen!
Old 15-08-2009, 20:39   #26

Agree with what everyone has already said, a great performance today

Jackson's views:
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | L | Lincoln | Jackson unhappy with poor Imps display
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 21:28   #27
God Member

Smile Re: v Lincoln game thread

Must say that Lincoln did not play badly, just that Stanley played very well, good solid performance and never looked like conceding... Must also say that I agree with the M.O.T.M. Kempson was super at the back and the goal just sealed it!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 22:06   #28

Cool Re: v Lincoln game thread

Thanks for all the reviews posted on todays game people - much appreciated - sounds like we are doing the business at the moment..

My flag got an airing today as well

Just havin a big fat ceeeegar and a brandy whilst watchin Walkers and Dingles gettin tonked - lookin forward to seein Darrens goal and Burtons 5 in a bit too

Life is gooooooooood

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 15-08-2009 at 22:11.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 22:14   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Kempson was immense today. . . ..
On the strength of the last two games, a fabulous signing - as is Winnard; Joyce looks good, so does Martin; not seen enough of Kee or Gary King yet, but the whole thing feels very upbeat. There's a real confidence in our defence, the midfield are creating openings (but we still give the ball back a bit too much) and once the attack gels, and we settle on the first-choice front pairing (Kee and Symes?), there are going to be few teams who get much at Fortress Crown
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 07:34   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
I got told at the match that he had gone back to Leicester for treatment on his injury, not serious, but whether he will be back for Northampton on Tuesday, remains to be seen, I certainly hope so.

I though Gary King had a decent game today, just didn't quite come off for him. Lets hope he does the business in another game.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..