Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 11:42   #91
Super Moderator

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
i think it is time that we stopped making assumptions and accusations. There are no missing cheques. Don said at the fans forum that the money from the loans was in the bank and if the parties wanted their money back they could have it. These loans were not made specifically to pay the revenue or for the sos but were just to help the club through a difficult phase. We are not contributing to the sos to help don but to help save accrington stanley and this must be our main objective. All these accusations can only be harmful to the sos, so let's all pull together and forget our differences until the eight weeks are up, and then if it all goes wrong we can express our bad feelings and if it all goes right we can give ourselves a pat on the back and get back to what we do best - moaning
thank you jeff,

post of the week!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2009, 12:07   #92
God Member

And I'll second that

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26   #93
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Well said, however when are we getting the answer to where the money is going if we are unsuccessful in raising the 308k I thought the answer was on it's way? People are asking as they donate money if the club folds (which it won't hopefully) were will the money go ? Charity ? Give the tax man what we have ? People want answers sorryto ask again.
All monies raised are going to the taxman - that is what the appeal is for.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 15:52   #94

This was asked a few days ago......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red
I'm going around asking for sponsors for the sponsored walk to Rochdale, and begging wherever possible for donations to the fund.
One question I'm being continually asked is "If I make a donation or sponsor you, and you don't make the £308,000 needed, what happens to the money?"
Does anybody know? I know it sounds very negative, but it's a question I feel needs answering.

I would just say Local Red, check out the Official Accrington Stanley Website over the next couple of days

Its just I haven't seen anything on the AS website but you seem to be in the know Jeff so I suppose you have been told this, otherwise you could have answered Local Reds question on Monday.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 16:01   #95
God Member

Smile Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy Thun View Post
Well done to everyone thats donated to the S.O.S. fund but if the "DON" is the succesfull business man he says he is and the savior of Stanley then why has he not put a single penny into the fund. Maybe he is all talk and no cash as many of us now believe. I know it has been said before but where are those missing cheques for £50k, has the "DON" really been looking into it or do we need CSI Accy on the case.
I think you will find that The DON has already paid £100K to the taxman and invested circa £250K in the club altogether!! Give the man a break

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 16:02   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I think it is time that we stopped making assumptions and accusations. THERE ARE NO MISSING CHEQUES. DON said at the fans forum that the money from the loans was in the bank and if the parties wanted their money back they could have it. These loans were not made specifically to pay the Revenue or for the SOS but were just to help the club through a difficult phase. We are not contributing to the SOS to help DON but to help save Accrington Stanley and this must be our main objective. All these accusations can only be harmful to the SOS, so let's all pull together and forget our differences until the eight weeks are up, and then if it all goes wrong we can express our bad feelings and if it all goes right we can give ourselves a pat on the back and get back to what we do best - MOANING
Nice post Jeff, well said mate

Old 09-09-2009, 16:05   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
maybe the loanee's may agree to them being added to the sos fund but then it wouldn't be a loan then would it??? shut up Lesley

Thats one we will have to work on

Old 09-09-2009, 16:11   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I think you will find that The DON has already paid £100K to the taxman and invested circa £250K in the club altogether!! Give the man a break
Has he didn't know that these things need to be told to anyone with any scepticism (like me ) and how much did he pay Eric for the club or is that part of that money mentioned.

Why do I hear then that he won't put any more money in ? Is that a fact or just rubbish as well ?
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 16:18   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Has he didn't know that these things need to be told to anyone with any scepticism (like me ) and how much did he pay Eric for the club or is that part of that money mentioned.

Why do I hear then that he won't put any more money in ? Is that a fact or just rubbish as well ?
Just what he said at the "FANS FORUM"

I guess that he has no more left to invest

Old 09-09-2009, 18:37   #100
Junior Member+

i have made myself a member and decided to contribute to the cause of promoting Accrington Stanley, i myself go to every home match and most aways so i feel i speak about our team passionatley BUT!!!!!! when certain people come on here, who admit they dont come on any more, so therefore dont know the D'on , slag him off and accuse him of STEALING money in his back pocket should be very careful what he writes!!!!
G.F.J.F.C. REDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 20:46   #101
God Member

Almost £20K Not including last nights S.O.S. Cup income

Old 09-09-2009, 21:10   #102
God Member

Ilyas was on Radio Lancs today and said that he will match what amount of money the board of directors are willing to put in. Whatever they collectively put into the pot will be doubled.
Old 09-09-2009, 22:00   #103
Member.

It would appear that people are down playing the issue of Mr. Khan V Accrington Stanley; even the gentleman on the radio was reluctant to push the issue. In respect of the interview itself I had understood that Mr. Khan had said that if all the Directors put an equal amount in each in respect of any shortfall he would himself match the individual figure i.e. 4 Directors x £50,000 + £50,000 = £250,000.

I really wish that the first contact from Mr. Khan had been via a unconditional donation; that would maybe more acceptable and could have opened doors. However, as we all know Mr. O’Neil has said that he is not ruling out any offers from anyone.

I also understood that if it came to it David O’Neil would bail the club out. What was clear is the wish of the Directors for Stanley to Stand on its own two feet as a business once this matter is resolved.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 22:01   #104
Senior Member+

With or without shares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Ilyas was on Radio Lancs today and said that he will match what amount of money the board of directors are willing to put in. Whatever they collectively put into the pot will be doubled.
Old 09-09-2009, 22:04   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
With or without shares?
Ilyas said "No strings" He would just match what other directors put in....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..