Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 22:07   #106
Super Moderator

Re: "Save Our Stanley"

Interesting!!

To my knowledge the directors including the DON have already put in in excess of £200K.

Staff already donate masses of unpaid hours to ensure we all have a FL club to support!! This would also be in excess of £25k.

Then there's numerous volunteers, without their efforts we simply could exist!! ( I won't name them as they wouldn't want me to)
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2009, 22:16   #107
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Interesting!!

To my knowledge the directors including the DON have already put in in excess of £200K.

Staff already donate masses of unpaid hours to ensure we all have a FL club to support!! This would also be in excess of £25k.

Then there's numerous volunteers, without their efforts we simply could exist!! ( I won't name them as they wouldn't want me to)
Thank God for all of them, and all those that went before them over the past forty odd years Mr. T....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 22:23   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I assume you mean that they've put 'in excess of £200k' into the running of the club, not the government's holiday & moat fund/tax bill, which Ilyas was referring to?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19   #109
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I think you will find that The DON has already paid £100K to the taxman and invested circa £250K in the club altogether!! Give the man a break
If the Don has already paid £100k to the tax man. How come we still owe £300k, which is what we started off at? And if he's put a further £250k in, why the hell didn't he use that to pay the tax so he could keep his business going rather than leave it up to us to bail him out.

This is obviously an old tax bill, are we paying the current bills? Or are we going to have to hold an SOS campaign every year?

Its funny how so many people on here seem to know the amount of money the Don put in and how he can bail out the club however there is nothing on companies house about the Don??? He's not a director or a shareholder. According to companies house it is all still Erics.

I just hope the Don has not been used as a puppet to take all the crap for the unpaid tax bill at the sake of his ego of owning a football club.

I know someone who knows the Don very well and the Don is far from a wealthy man. He can't afford to bail out the club. I don't want to slag any of the so called Directors off, but come on its time to come clean.
Raggy Thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:49   #110
God Member

i take your points Raggy but at this moment in time questions will not/are not/have been answered. This is where we are at so let's concentrate on the fundraising for the next few weeks. None of this will get the bill paid.

Whether it's right or whether it's wrong Accrington Stanley are in trouble and it is down to US to sort it out. You can carry out your investigations in November when it's over one way or another.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:07   #111
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy Thun View Post
If the Don has already paid £100k to the tax man. How come we still owe £300k, which is what we started off at? And if he's put a further £250k in, why the hell didn't he use that to pay the tax so he could keep his business going rather than leave it up to us to bail him out.

This is obviously an old tax bill, are we paying the current bills? Or are we going to have to hold an SOS campaign every year?

Its funny how so many people on here seem to know the amount of money the Don put in and how he can bail out the club however there is nothing on companies house about the Don??? He's not a director or a shareholder. According to companies house it is all still Erics.

I just hope the Don has not been used as a puppet to take all the crap for the unpaid tax bill at the sake of his ego of owning a football club.

I know someone who knows the Don very well and the Don is far from a wealthy man. He can't afford to bail out the club. I don't want to slag any of the so called Directors off, but come on its time to come clean.
DON paid £100k to Eric Whalley to pay the tax man in October 2008 to stave of the first winding up order. He hasn't put a further £250k in the club, he said at the Fans Forum that it has so far cost him around £250k (including the £100k).

In reply to your question regarding the current tax bills, this was answered at the Fans Forum. If you had attended you would have known the answers also you could have asked any questions. If you listen to the transcript of the Fans Forum you will probably get the answers to your questions.

The last thing lodged at Companies House is the resignation of Eric Whalley. DON has bought EW's shares, these will have to be transferred before anything can be lodged at Companies House.

DON has admitted he is far from a wealthy man and cannot afford to bail the club out. He said this at the Fans Forum. You are not telling us anything new.

Now please stop asking questions that have been answered before. If you are a Stanley fan just support SOS and help us get out of this mess. Once we are out of this mess you can ask questions and do what you want but for now please leave this alone.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:34   #112
Senior Member+

This tittle tattle helps nobody...... anybody with any cash just put it in!!!!

Anyone who thinks David O'Neill is trying to make money out of the worst supported club in one of the poorest areas of the country is MAD!!!!

Any multi millionaire's listening will obviously be able to make generous donations because they are multi millionaires.....

However, who is making the greatest sacrifice... a member of staff of £10k a year with a days wage or a multi millionaire's slush fund.

Either way, just DO IT people...... its about a town team & our PRIDE not £££££'s & boardrooms

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:57   #113
Junior Member+

Thanks Jeff not sure if you are the Don or not but here goes!

I take your points but If we owed £300k and he paid £100k, how come we still owe £300k? Has Eric had the money because I am led to believe Eric has had very little off the DON. Is this also why the share transfer has not taken place? Has the DON not paid Eric?

Whats wrong with Ilyas???

Ilyas Khan has offered to come to our rescue and I just think that we’d be better off with a multi millionaire businessman behind us, who has supported the club for years and who truly cares, than some guy that’s appeared from nowhere and that doesn’t have the funds to take us anywhere. Just my personal opinion but I think we should take the money, settle the debt and get back to concentrating on what happens on the pitch rather than in the boardroom. With no money this is just the beginning of the end.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:26   #114
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
This tittle tattle helps nobody...... anybody with any cash just put it in!!!!

Anyone who thinks David O'Neill is trying to make money out of the worst supported club in one of the poorest areas of the country is MAD!!!!

Any multi millionaire's listening will obviously be able to make generous donations because they are multi millionaires.....

However, who is making the greatest sacrifice... a member of staff of £10k a year with a days wage or a multi millionaire's slush fund.

Either way, just DO IT people...... its about a town team & our PRIDE not £££££'s & boardrooms
Exactly.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29   #115
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

look mate do you not think yer hindering the SOS fund to save the club from extinction? i do, THAT should be the FOCUS fer the next 7 weeks nowt else, or there may not be a club to argue about. n Jeff certainly aint the Don, he,s been a mate of mine since early 60s, just n ordinary guy, who cares very much that the reds survive. theres many things i and others would like answers to, but as they say "Time n Place fer Everything" THIS AINT IT.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:33   #116
Resting In Peace

Quote:

I take your points but If we owed £300k and he paid £100k, how come we still owe £300k? Has Eric had the money because I am led to believe Eric has had very little off the DON. Is this also why the share transfer has not taken place? Has the DON not paid Eric?

Ilyas Khan has offered to come to our rescue and I just think that we’d be better off with a multi millionaire businessman behind us, who has supported the club for years and who truly cares, than some guy that’s appeared from nowhere and that doesn’t have the funds to take us anywhere. Just my personal opinion but I think we should take the money, settle the debt and get back to concentrating on what happens on the pitch rather than in the boardroom. With no money this is just the beginning of the end.
READ MY REPLY. I SAID THAT HE PAID £100K IN OCTOBER 2008. The £300k debt is now.

Who on earth said the share transfer has not taken place. Of course it has taken place Eric has no shares he has sold them to DON. Of course DON has paid Eric. These things take time to be registered at Companies House and at the moment there are more important things to be taken care of.

Now PLEASE stop posting your doom and gloom and beginning of the end nonsence. If you are a Stanley supporter pay your money to SOS and support Stanley, DON, Coley, etc. and help get us through this difficult time.

By the way my name is Jeff not Don. I am just trying to be supportive.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:45   #117
Member.

Quote:

I wish I had a pair of Bollocks the size of David O'Neil's.

Like many have already pointed out there is enough recorded information that you can listen too and get all your questions answered should you wish to make the effort.

Historically this club in its many guises over the past 100 an odd years as suffered from good intentions gone badly, debt, poor attendance and the soding Excise man. Today we are no different from our predecessors and Stanley will stand or fall as a result of Support or the lack of it.

In my opinion David O’Neil, the Directors and the ASFC workforce, players and the supporters who time and time again put their effort in so that we can watch Stanley play football on a afternoon are our best chance of surviving another onslaught and there will be other dark days to come no doubt, it’s our role in History to persevere against adversity.

If Mr. Khan and others who are fortunate to hold the means to aid us in our plight wish to make sizable donations then, please let then do it and with out bounds.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-09-2009, 12:52   #118
Junior Member+

OK no more doom & gloom. I’m just worried.

I assure you I am incredibly supportive, to the tune of a few grand in fact recently and I’ll do anything I can to help us survive but can someone though just tell me what’s wrong with Khan’s money? That’s all I want to know.

If someone is prepared to make a sizeable donation, is it not reasonable for them to expect something back. From what I can gather all he wants is shares (bits of paper) in a club today that is worth nothing. Let him have them I say and give us the cash.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:59   #119
Member.

Quote:
OK no more doom & gloom. I’m just worried.

I assure you I am incredibly supportive, to the tune of a few grand in fact recently and I’ll do anything I can to help us survive but can someone though just tell me what’s wrong with Khan’s money? That’s all I want to know.

If someone is prepared to make a sizeable donation, is it not reasonable for them to expect something back. From what I can gather all he wants is shares (bits of paper) in a club today that is worth nothing. Let him have them I say and give us the cash.
It needs to be managed and run beyond the payment of the Tax Bill; Who will do that if the current team of Directors go; I can’t see them selling out their shares without return to Satisfy a few and staying on to run the club at a perpetual loss…..would you. As much as I love Stanley; I wouldn’t.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 10-09-2009, 13:02   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
READ MY REPLY. I SAID THAT HE PAID £100K IN OCTOBER 2008. The £300k debt is now.

Who on earth said the share transfer has not taken place. Of course it has taken place Eric has no shares he has sold them to DON. Of course DON has paid Eric. These things take time to be registered at Companies House and at the moment there are more important things to be taken care of.

Now PLEASE stop posting your doom and gloom and beginning of the end nonsence. If you are a Stanley supporter pay your money to SOS and support Stanley, DON, Coley, etc. and help get us through this difficult time.

By the way my name is Jeff not Don. I am just trying to be supportive.
Like others Jeff, and in no way am I leaping to his defence !. Mr (or is it Mrs? Thun sadly has a head full of facts and figures which, accurate or not' are clouding his (or Her!) vision of the true scenario facing EVERYONE at this particular moment.

If his/her Fiscal meanderings are his/her particular obsession at the moment, then one can only join Macca and others in advising him to listen to, and read the facts as released so far!....he/she would then have a clearer vision!

Far better though would be a switching of the energies he/she uses for this purpose with such profligacy, to the task in hand. Which is....
ONE WAY OR THE OTHER...THE SURVIVAL OF ACCRINGTON STANLEY !!....
and what concrete efforts he( or She!) can make on their behalf!.

It grieves me to appear critical of fellow postees as everyone knows !. but I feel that a little advice given here might save an unfortunate one hours of useless cogitation and valuable time!!.

'ON STANLEY!.....ON!!!!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..