Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 20:37   #1
Junior Member+

A Pound A Shirt - for SOS

OK, I have a challenge for you all. Take some photos of your Stanley footballl shirts, post the photos on our website, www.oldfootballshirts.com, and at the end of September we will contribute a pound* for each new Stanley shirt added.

As of today there are 28 Accrington Stanley shirts on the site, how many will there be by the end of the month? All the images must be of your shirts, no images lifted off ebay, or off the club website, just your own shirts.

I've already made a donation via PayPal to the SOS, so this will be in addition. Good luck and we look forward to seeing those shirts, tell everyone you know.

* OK, if you add 308,000 shirts, you'll be OK, but I am going to be a bit stuffed, so I reserve the right to limit this to £100 max. But hey, if you make it to 128 Stanley shirts we'll all be happy

Also, as a Brighton fan myself, I know what it is like when you have a team in a bad predicament. Good luck to you all, I hope my small contribution goes some way to help.
Old 08-09-2009, 22:26   #2
God Member

Re: A Pound A Shirt - for SOS

crackin idea buddy and a super gesture, thank you...............right where are my shirts?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 23:20   #3
God Member

Smile Re: A Pound A Shirt - for SOS

Nice one for that matey

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 23:53   #4

Wow what an awesome gesture, I'll have a look what I've got
Old 09-09-2009, 05:52   #5

Cool Re: A Pound A Shirt - for SOS

Macca has got all mine

To be honest though, most of them are probably on the site already as they were quite common ones. Will a photo of them all together pinned to a pub pool room roof count???

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:00   #6
Junior Member+

Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated, who will add the photo of the oldest Stanley shirt?.

Alright Jimbo, there's no problem with duplicates, we list them as "extra" shirts for each season, so make sure you add them, and deffo add the photo of them all on a pub wall.

Is that a pub in Pafos? FYI, oldfootballshirts.com was born in CY, my brother lives in Larnaca, and during a summer holiday in 2006 he and I came up with the idea for the site. He is the webdesigner, that is what he does over there, me, I'm just a football shirt collector.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:06   #7
God Member

i've already put most of them on there! there are one or two extras to go on but the list on there is pretty exhaustive of the shirts that have been available to buy.

I'll fill in the gaps over the next couple of days

Jimbo, your shirts are waiting for collection next time you are over.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:49   #8
Senior Member+

Hey macca I see you've already added two of mine!!! The Kennedy Keepers top and the Orange prostar keepers top that was Jamie's. Nice one, it saves me a job!!!

Just a thought oldshirts, would you accept some photos of the ladies team kits? (cheeky I know but every quid helps!!!)
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:16   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Hey macca I see you've already added two of mine!!! The Kennedy Keepers top and the Orange prostar keepers top that was Jamie's. Nice one, it saves me a job!!!

Just a thought oldshirts, would you accept some photos of the ladies team kits? (cheeky I know but every quid helps!!!)
Hey, we'll accept anything, so long as they are Stanley football shirts, and they are your own photos, I have just added in a category for Ladies shirts, especially for you!

Even if there are duplicates (shirts, not the same photos) we'll add them in. Don't forget goalies shirts count too.

Last edited by Oldshirts; 09-09-2009 at 09:22.
Oldshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35   #10

Cool Re: A Pound A Shirt - for SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldshirts View Post
Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated, who will add the photo of the oldest Stanley shirt?.

Alright Jimbo, there's no problem with duplicates, we list them as "extra" shirts for each season, so make sure you add them, and deffo add the photo of them all on a pub wall.

Is that a pub in Pafos? FYI, oldfootballshirts.com was born in CY, my brother lives in Larnaca, and during a summer holiday in 2006 he and I came up with the idea for the site. He is the webdesigner, that is what he does over there, me, I'm just a football shirt collector.
Macca I know you are looking after em - I was just sayin that I didnt have any

Oldshirts, My shirts are in Accy at the mo if you hadnt already guessed - the pic of them collected together is when they were all pinned to the roof of the Crown pub next to the ground but they were pulled down for an exhibition and never put back up after it.
I will post the photos later on tonight if you want as the pics are on my pc at home. I see your bro's company is Xmas IT services... heard of em..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 18:32   #11

I've added my FIFA07 one from the Barnet game.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 18:52   #12
Senior Member+

I still have in the loft coleys blood stained shirt from the Burton Charity sheild game!!
Old 09-09-2009, 19:02   #13
Senior Member+

I've sent the Scott Alty shirt that I have, but I put it as 1990-91 when I think it was 1988-89.
Old 09-09-2009, 20:10   #14
Senior Member+

Talking Re: A Pound A Shirt - for SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldshirts View Post
Hey, we'll accept anything, so long as they are Stanley football shirts, and they are your own photos, I have just added in a category for Ladies shirts, especially for you!

Even if there are duplicates (shirts, not the same photos) we'll add them in. Don't forget goalies shirts count too.
Cracking I'll get looking for the ladies ones then!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 21:52   #15
Super Moderator

Suggest somebody comes down early with a camera on friday. Loads of missing shirts available; grey, blue, green keepers shirts. There's loads of old shirts in the shop.

Lets get photos of the all!! Every pound counts!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..