Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2009, 03:34   #16

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

I suppose that with a scheme running like this, the Tax man would be more receptive to allowing us to spread the cost of our tax bill over the current tax year.
It amazes me to see how little flack Whalley is getting over this fiasco.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2009, 06:17   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I suppose that with a scheme running like this, the Tax man would be more receptive to allowing us to spread the cost of our tax bill over the current tax year.
It amazes me to see how little flack Whalley is getting over this fiasco.
The time may come for reflections like this but now is not the time to be stirring up muck.

Save the club first THEN point the finger
Old 14-10-2009, 07:31   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Quote:
. I personally think it is wrong to be doing something like this just weeks after Ilyas requested a share issue. What is so wrong about ASSF asking for a share issue for £500k? quote...
because ASSF wanted NEW shares to be made available. My understanding of this is that Styrings shares have been used. The 1000 shares are only equivalent to about 10% of the club.

I applaud the effort here but I do wonder what the club are expecting form the issue. Do they think that all of our 1000 hardcore will buy one? Do they expect them to be sold over the next couple of weeks, months or years? Do they think that a businessman type will come in and buy a block of them? I'd like one but I haven't got £287.50 spare after everything that has gone on over the last few weeks.

The addition of the limited edition replica shirt and 10 flexi tickets is worthwhile though and goes some way to a 'value added' deal and effectively brings down the cost - which is extortionate.
Old 14-10-2009, 07:33   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
The time may come for reflections like this but now is not the time to be stirring up muck.

Save the club first THEN point the finger
Doesn't seem to have bothered Eric's wife ,as she seemed to be having a laugh with someone at last nights game??
Old 14-10-2009, 07:38   #20

I'd like one but I haven't got £287.50 spare after everything that has gone on over the last few weeks.

I think there will be alot of fans in the same boat macca,maybe this would of better if the shares had be offered eariler?
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 07:45   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
I'd like one but I haven't got £287.50 spare after everything that has gone on over the last few weeks.

I think there will be alot of fans in the same boat macca,maybe this would of better if the shares had be offered eariler?
Exactly what I was thinking, Kate. I don't know anything about the rights and legalities of shares, but I know from an emotional point of view, I'd love to have a share in my beloved Stanley. But, like everyone else, I've been bunging dosh into the fund in other ways. Hmmm...will have to think about how to budget for it and, most importantly, how to broach the subject to Mrs H!
Old 14-10-2009, 08:02   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Exactly what I was thinking, Kate. I don't know anything about the rights and legalities of shares, but I know from an emotional point of view, I'd love to have a share in my beloved Stanley. But, like everyone else, I've been bunging dosh into the fund in other ways. Hmmm...will have to think about how to budget for it and, most importantly, how to broach the subject to Mrs H!

i ve be thinking on this and have a plan

Told danny it can be a early xmas present,im working on him and i think it may just be working
Old 14-10-2009, 08:02   #23

i think i may get 1 on my brith day 29.10. but she thinks waste of money . so ive told her ill have 2 then one for xmas too. she said you need to move in to accy ground then
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 08:02   #24
Senior Member+

Apologies for asking what may seem obvious, but what exactly is a flexi ticket?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 08:04   #25

i think but may be wrong its 10 tickets to any game no T&C just any 10 games you wanna go to
Old 14-10-2009, 08:13   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
i think but may be wrong its 10 tickets to any game no T&C just any 10 games you wanna go to
That's what I would have guessed. But what about no T & C? Would they be valid indefinitely? Or just over 1 season? Or a calendar year?

What I'm thinking is that I can only get to about 10 home games each season at the very most although I have a season ticket. So maybe I could buy a share instead of a season ticket to minimise the costs. If others are in the same position as I am, and think likewise, it could cut down the income from season tickets next season. Assuming of course that the master plan to repay the tax debt works!
Old 14-10-2009, 08:15   #27

hmmm i think we need to see in full detail what we are buying in terms of shares

and then someone to explain it to me in lamemans terms
Old 14-10-2009, 08:19   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
hmmm i think we need to see in full detail what we are buying in terms of shares

Agreed, Kate. There are a lot of unanswered questions both about the share issue and about the plan to repay the debt.
Old 14-10-2009, 08:27   #29
Senior Member+

I like many would love the chance to INVEST in the club......

But this looks like a large DONATION with a certificate ???
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 08:28   #30
Member.

Quote:

I would hope the club answers some of those questions on the fishy site, it should be part of the sales pitch.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..