Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2009, 11:48   #61

Re: 1000 Shares Issue!!!

Look forget the shares what do you expect for £60 quid oh and out of that comes a framed certicate as well

10 games and a shirt and a chance to say well I did my bit seems a good idea to me.

Can't please everyone I suppose
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2009, 11:50   #62
Member.

We have all had a stark choice; bail the club out or lose it. Mr. O’Neil will have paid EW handsomely for the right to own the club and according to Mr. T. he as invested a further £150k plus other Director’s have inputted around the £50K mark, now messes O’Neil and Hays are putting up another £100k and will no doubt have to reinvest again sometime.

Supporters, the public and other interested parties have given freely into the SOS fund and have asked for nothing in return only that all efforts are made to save the club; if the board have done their sums right, the crisis is over and we have to set about getting the cash in again long term to stop it happening again, this on the face of it is a good way of doing it and this time we get something for our efforts. Take it or leave it; but let other people use their own judgements.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 12:02   #63
Full Member+

Seems to me like a really good idea. There are people out there who don't live locally, can't support the club by attending matches, putting money in buckets etc. They would have considered a donation of around £250 but getting even a little something back for it makes them more likely to spend the money. I will be buying one.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 12:04   #64
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
We have all had a stark choice; bail the club out or lose it.
Quite agree, Doug. I still think the club have made a major mistake by rejecting Ilyas's approaches. But in the end, I want to see my club playing league football, come November, so I'll be hopefully buying a share. The alternative of sitting in the pub every Saturday afternoon for the next 20-odd years, saying to myself "well, at least the club didn't get my hard-money!" just doesn't appeal. Now if only I can get Mrs H to see it that way!
Old 14-10-2009, 12:16   #65
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Now if only I can get Mrs H to see it that way!
She won't; most likely tell you that you should know better, thing's are hard enough without wasting money on that ….that's what I got. Now I’m lying like buggery.

Going to do it anyway........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-10-2009, 12:17   #66
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
I know what your saying uk but the tickets are worth £150 and a shirt probably £40 so it's only really £60 for the share that's my view on it and people have given a lot more than that in fundraising events.

Just my view
So in effect the club are borrowing money from ticket sales later in the year.

15 * 10 tickets = £150 * 1000 shares = £150,000 lost ticket sales revenue for the rest of the year.

Add to that the cost of 1000 framed certificates and 1000 shirts and it does not look like a good deal anymore for the club IMHO.
Old 14-10-2009, 12:18   #67
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
You're damn right Im annoyed, I do not like being ripped off and at 250+vat PER SHARE I see that as a rip off.

If I recall correctly the original 'B' shares were valued at 1(one pound)..........Im sure that Jeff will correct me if Im wrong, now even taking fluctuations in the market to ridiculous levels, there is no way in hell they are now worth 250! If they were then the club is being valued at approx 2million pounds!!!.................That spells RIP OFF to me.......Redskin, if you want to waste your hard earned cash on this scheme then please go ahead and do so I am merely pointing out the way I see things................If ya dont like it then tough, I couldnt care less mate
Pete, they are not selling shares at £250+vat each. They are selling a 'share package' which consists of 1 x 'B' share, 1 x frame to put it in, 1 x limited edition shirt, 10 x match tickets, 10% off hospitality packages and 10% off items from the Club Shop. The 'B' share content of the package could be valued at anything.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 12:26   #68
Senior Member+

I'm afraid I'm still undecided. I would have liked the official announcement to be much clearer. For example, I would like to know how long the flexi tickets are valid for. If it's only for the current season, they are of little value to season ticket holders except possibly as gifts.

Also, I note that there will be an invitation to the AGM but there is no mention of voting rights at the AGM. I know that some people think this is irrelevant - but it isn't really. Shares are shares, and they come with rights; or they should do. Otherwise, as Simon has said, the £287.50 is little more than a donation. Redskin is correct in saying that it's everyone's opportunity to participate - but everyone has had that opportunity for several weeks. It could be argued that the only difference with this "share issue" is the giving of a framed document and other rewards of varying value.

Am I correct in thinking that a genuine share issue should have a prospectus?

Just my thoughts and worries. You don't have to share them!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 12:28   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
So in effect the club are borrowing money from ticket sales later in the year.

15 * 10 tickets = £150 * 1000 shares = £150,000 lost ticket sales revenue for the rest of the year.

Add to that the cost of 1000 framed certificates and 1000 shirts and it does not look like a good deal anymore for the club IMHO.

I think if you offer any football club chairman the chance to get the revenue from 10 games in advance he would snap your hand off.
Old 14-10-2009, 12:32   #70
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think if you offer any football club chairman the chance to get the revenue from 10 games in advance he would snap your hand off.
And some idiots will never use the tickets………..like me.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-10-2009, 12:33   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
But he could lose the advance revenue from season ticket holders with people like me who can attend only about 10 games each season. As I'm probably in such a minority, maybe it doesn't matter.
Old 14-10-2009, 12:36   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
And some idiots will never use the tickets………..like me.

You could use it as a staff incentive, pull their finger out or you will make them use your ticket
Old 14-10-2009, 12:56   #73
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'm afraid I'm still undecided. I would have liked the official announcement to be much clearer. For example, I would like to know how long the flexi tickets are valid for. If it's only for the current season, they are of little value to season ticket holders except possibly as gifts.
The flexi tickets are for any 2009-2010 League 2 game or friendly as per the announcement in last night's programme

Share Issue.jpg
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 13:43   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
The flexi tickets are for any 2009-2010 League 2 game or friendly as per the announcement in last night's programme
Thanks, Jeff. It would have been useful if the official announcement had made that clear for the benefit of those of us who live at a distance and were unable to attend last night's game.

That restriction on the validity of the flexi tickets could make it a less attractive proposition to current season ticket holders. Macca wonders if the deal will attract enough of the 1000 hardcore supporters. It will not help the season ticket holders among that hardcore group.
Old 14-10-2009, 14:06   #75
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Thanks, Jeff. It would have been useful if the official announcement had made that clear for the benefit of those of us who live at a distance and were unable to attend last night's game.

That restriction on the validity of the flexi tickets could make it a less attractive proposition to current season ticket holders. Macca wonders if the deal will attract enough of the 1000 hardcore supporters. It will not help the season ticket holders among that hardcore group.
A lot will come down to the publicity, if the club resorts only to using the Programme and the Website it won’t do that much in my view, this is where the commercial department need to get their fingers out of certain orifices and utilise the media, local outposts as well as existing assets.

The Club Shop (big framed details on the wall clear for all to see) do the same thing on a smaller scale in the outpost like the Online Store, Ossy Mills, Gift Print, friendly Pubs. Get the Telegraph/Observer to donate half a page to get the share issue publicised. Local Library or any commercial enterprise interested in being an asset to the clubs long term survival…Get the message out. Bold and Clear.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..