Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2018, 14:54   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
do not do twitter or anything like it but i have heard andy holt has had a spat with gary neville over the fact that AH thinks salford are buying their way into the football league. can anyone who uses twitter confirm this or not.
yep i seen it .
Old 20-07-2018, 17:26   #122
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep i seen it .
any idea whats been said. no matter whats been said i know whose side i,m on.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 18:14   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Sorry was a few comments from both an me memorys crap. bet were on the same side.
Old 20-07-2018, 18:45   #124
God Member

I stay away from Twitter but, given that it seems to generate infantile controversies, the rest of the media seem to live by it today.
According to the BBC Andy Holt suggested Salford FC were buying their way into the League by luring the Aberdeen striker on several thousands/week wages.
Gary Neville responded, no doubt knowing his mates at the BBC would make a story from it, with predictable ripostes. Somehow, GN seemed to think AH was seeking 'franchise' football, which seemed a mystifying accusation.

IMHO, I think AH was silly to get drawn into such a pointless argument. Money has always ruled the game and what Neville and his millionaire mates are doing at Salford is nothing new. At least they have picked on a team at a lower level and are bringing it through the pyramid, rather than buying an existing league club and moving it to Milton Keynes.
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 20:51   #125
Senior Member+

"

Accrington striker in demand

Accrington Stanley have turned down bids from Rotherham and Peterborough for striker Kayden Jackson, according to reports.

HITC Sport claim that the duo are heavily interested in Stanley's 15-goal striker, while Preston and Ipswich have also made enquiries."

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 20:57   #126
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Gary Neville forced to defend Salford's transfer business | Daily Mail Online
Old 20-07-2018, 21:00   #127
Senior Member+

There are several players in demand and to be fair to the club thus far they are digging their heels in. I'm more worried about the lack of activity in.
Rotherham Preston Ipswich Peterborough Burton all in the queue for Kayden.
The Ipswich one is a concern due to the Hurst connection.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 21:02   #128
Senior Member+

Talk sport show starting now at 10pm have stated they are trying to get Andy Holt on the air to give his side of the story

Good publicity for the club!
monkey hanger likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 21:05   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I stay away from Twitter but, given that it seems to generate infantile controversies, the rest of the media seem to live by it today.
According to the BBC Andy Holt suggested Salford FC were buying their way into the League by luring the Aberdeen striker on several thousands/week wages.
Gary Neville responded, no doubt knowing his mates at the BBC would make a story from it, with predictable ripostes. Somehow, GN seemed to think AH was seeking 'franchise' football, which seemed a mystifying accusation.

IMHO, I think AH was silly to get drawn into such a pointless argument. Money has always ruled the game and what Neville and his millionaire mates are doing at Salford is nothing new. At least they have picked on a team at a lower level and are bringing it through the pyramid, rather than buying an existing league club and moving it to Milton Keynes.

Agreed Exile.
I made the point before about Andy's often over exposure and candour on social media and got shot down in flames.
Salford's wealth has nothing to do with us.
If Andy had £50 mill spare would he refuse to sign better players because it wouldn't have been fair on other clubs ? ..............
A franchise is EXACTLY what he's suggesting.
Hand over mouth shout full up.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 21:28   #130
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
There are several players in demand and to be fair to the club thus far they are digging their heels in. I'm more worried about the lack of activity in.
Rotherham Preston Ipswich Peterborough Burton all in the queue for Kayden.
The Ipswich one is a concern due to the Hurst connection.
Rotherham's Bid rejected Rotherham United boss Warne happy to play waiting game after Jackson bid rejected

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...9262781…
Old 21-07-2018, 06:38   #131
Senior Member+

Here's the Neville story from the Beeb …

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44894821
Old 21-07-2018, 08:16   #132
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1214978]
I made the point before about Andy's often over exposure and candour on social media and got shot down in flames.

prefer a chairman and anyone else in football to be candid and not say what people just want to hear them say. i,d rather be shot down in flames myself than just follow what the majority think if i think they are wrong.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 10:07   #133
Full Member+

It is a shame Holt isn't a Stanley fan or else he would remember Stanley being bank rolled into the league.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 10:24   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It is a shame Holt isn't a Stanley fan or else he would remember Stanley being bank rolled into the league.
Bank rolled in?? More like getting there on a wing & a prayer
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2018, 10:26   #135

Lucky no one in the national media picked up on this yet.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..