Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2019, 19:18   #331
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Theres a big difference between brave and stupid.
Correct Cashy.
After today’s abysmal performance we’re in a war now and stuck with the squad we’ve got.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2019, 09:15   #332
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight
After today’s abysmal performance we’re in a war now and stuck with the squad we’ve got.[/QUOTE]

that is what worries me. whilst we have good footballers at the club i just cannot see us as a team battling out physical games to grab some points. other sides have come to the wham and outmusled us and nick points. does anyone else think we actually can do the same.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:23   #333
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
that is what worries me. whilst we have good footballers at the club i just cannot see us as a team battling out physical games to grab some points. other sides have come to the wham and outmusled us and nick points. does anyone else think we actually can do the same.
Think a change of formation and tactics might work drop Conneely who can't muscle his way out of a paper bag try someone else in there Ben Everton,Doniecian even give Nolan another go won,t know if never tried maybe has in training but we do need some battling qualities from now to the end of the season because to be safe I thinks we need at least 17 to 18 points.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:51   #334
Senior Member+

It not all about personnel it’s also about tactics.
The formations against Gillingham and Derby are the way to go.
It doesn’t matter who you play in midfield if you’re constantly outnumbered.
First substitution yesterday should have been to go three at the back.
Instead we swap like for like ..... how was that going to change the game ?
Tommy McQueen likes this.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:53   #335
Senior Member+

Before everybody starts that’s not a denfence of Conneely he had a shocker and knows it himself.
However the list of shockers yesterday was a very long list.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:58   #336

I dont think we use the squad enough. A player coming in with a point to prove cant be underestimated, likewise a player trying to ein his shirt back. Neither Billy nor Sean seem to be at the races this season. Theyre still the best we have but we need to find a way of getting another 5% out of them.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 15:28   #337
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Before everybody starts that’s not a denfence of Conneely he had a shocker and knows it himself.
However the list of shockers yesterday was a very long list.
some seem to be under par every week and still in the side for the next. if you do not try something nothing can change and they can only be as poor as the one replaced at worse.
Old 11-02-2019, 15:49   #338
Senior Member+

I agree but that's down to the Manager, same with tactics and formation.
Old 11-02-2019, 19:40   #339
Full Member+

Would like to see Armstrong start up front with posh Smith along side
monkey hanger likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 13:50   #340
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Would like to see Armstrong start up front with posh Smith along side
can only not score between em which is the worst that can happen.
Revived Red and ferret man like this.
Old 12-02-2019, 21:11   #341
Senior Member+

So here's my two penorth, after 15 games we're in the top half of the league and playing well, now after 29 games we are not the same team. The same players? are they tired? have they lost their confidence? or has the team spirit gone out of the window? What ever has happened there is only one person responsible to sort it out, the manager. He is, without doubt, the best manager Stanley has ever had, is he tired? has he lost his edge? Let's hope not. They all have to realize that they are playing for their jobs for their team and for their fans, someone has to remind them of that. I never needed reminding, I played for the love of the game and I hated to loose. I have faith in J.C. lets hope he turns things around soon.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 21:26   #342
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
So here's my two penorth, after 15 games we're in the top half of the league and playing well, now after 29 games we are not the same team. The same players? are they tired? have they lost their confidence? or has the team spirit gone out of the window? What ever has happened there is only one person responsible to sort it out, the manager. He is, without doubt, the best manager Stanley has ever had, is he tired? has he lost his edge? Let's hope not. They all have to realize that they are playing for their jobs for their team and for their fans, someone has to remind them of that. I never needed reminding, I played for the love of the game and I hated to loose. I have faith in J.C. lets hope he turns things around soon.
I think we’ve been found out mate so what is the back up plan to change things ?
Also I would ask how fit we are.
You’re right this is when Coley has the biggest job to sort it out.
Old 12-02-2019, 22:19   #343
Senior Member+

Not sure what you mean "found out" Twenty Eight? Don't need a back up plan if you have eleven players giving 110 per cent and if your not fit by this time in the season it,s time to retire BUT both these problems are J.C.s job to sort. It's a grand old game for the armchair expert though eh.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 06:23   #344

'Found out' is probably true.

Take McConville for example, last season he scored plenty of goals but many were very similar. The ball would scoot across the 18 yard box for Sean to cut in and bend a shot past the keeper. This season he is the highest shot taker in the league but isnt getting the goals. Why? I suggest that trams in this league are doing their homework better and the keeper sees the play building, and positions himself a yard further over to snuff the shot.

Donacien against Derby highlighted another problem for me, we seem reluctant to get round the outside of the fullback. Our build up play is fine but then the overlap of our fuĺlback from the winger either doesnt come or isnt used. I put it down to his lack of match fitness, but then noticed it in other games from both wings
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 11:30   #345
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I think we’ve been found out mate so what is the back up plan to change things ?
Also I would ask how fit we are.
You’re right this is when Coley has the biggest job to sort it out.
if coley has a problem then its his insistance of playing the same 11 week in week out bar injury and suspension. heard he does not like changing the starting 11 so why have a large squad and if you do not try something you never know the outcome.
cashman and ferret man like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..