Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2019, 10:54   #346
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if coley has a problem then its his insistance of playing the same 11 week in week out bar injury and suspension. heard he does not like changing the starting 11 so why have a large squad and if you do not try something you never know the outcome.
This sorta thing has always gone on at stanley, since we been in league, yet some still sing how super J.C is.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:24   #347
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Not sure what you mean "found out" Twenty Eight? Don't need a back up plan if you have eleven players giving 110 per cent and if your not fit by this time in the season it,s time to retire BUT both these problems are J.C.s job to sort. It's a grand old game for the armchair expert though eh.

Tactics my friend, tactics and how we set up.
You cannot get by on effort alone in League One.
If you're implying I'm an armchair expert then guilty as charged - other than Im there week after week game after game, not sat in an armchair.
Chrisr likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 13:28   #348
Full Member+

Think Billy is over due a rest, can't keep using him as a target for thugs to keep pummelling without it taking some effect on the lad.
cashman, pifco and Chrisr like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 14:51   #349
Senior Member+

Anybody think Billy might be better suited playing behind a front two ?
It would mean going three at the back - but that worked reasonably well against Derby and Gillingham. 3-4-1-2.
Tommy McQueen likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 16:01   #350
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I think that could be a very good move personally.
Old 13-02-2019, 16:27   #351
God Member

I too have wondered whether that would be worth a try, 28.
Something needs to change, but it’ll need to be something subtle rather than radical with the options available.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 17:10   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
This sorta thing has always gone on at stanley, since we been in league, yet some still sing how super J.C is.
It went on BEFORE the league as well, which you wouldnt know about while you were watching the remnants of Jack Walker's millions spluttering to a halt

One of the reasons that our poorly paid, ragtag assembly of cast-offs keep managing to progress (15 out of 16 seasons?) is his loyalty to his XI. They run through brick walls for him and sooner or later he finds that little bit of glitter to roll his turds in
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 18:13   #353
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
It went on BEFORE the league as well, which you wouldnt know about while you were watching the remnants of Jack Walker's millions spluttering to a halt

One of the reasons that our poorly paid, ragtag assembly of cast-offs keep managing to progress (15 out of 16 seasons?) is his loyalty to his XI. They run through brick walls for him and sooner or later he finds that little bit of glitter to roll his turds in
Thats all you know pal.
Old 13-02-2019, 18:29   #354

Dont pal me pal

Pretty sure i read your confession on here that you went to Ewood when Stanley didn't have a team between 1962 and 2006
Old 13-02-2019, 18:44   #355
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Dont pal me pal

Pretty sure i read your confession on here that you went to Ewood when Stanley didn't have a team between 1962 and 2006
learn to remember what yeh read sunshineI lived in spain from 1998 for a few years until my late wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so yeh know sod all

Last edited by cashman; 13-02-2019 at 18:47.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 19:08   #356
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
learn to remember what yeh read sunshineI lived in spain from 1998 for a few years until my late wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so yeh know sod all
in fact i'm wrong it was 97 when i moved yon.
Old 13-02-2019, 19:15   #357

Yeah but yeh still a clown
Old 13-02-2019, 19:21   #358
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yeah but yeh still a clown
Better a clown than a BIG HEADED GET
Old 13-02-2019, 19:46   #359

I'm hoping Coley has the courage to change things on Friday.
If we go up there with a defensive minded set-up, lone striker etc, I fear we'll cop for it.
I can imagine young Armstrong, being a Boro lad, will be desperate to score against Sunderland.
Never mind 2 strikers, I'd play 3. What have we got to lose? No one expects us to win.
Come on Coley, let's really go for it!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 19:47   #360
Senior Member+

Wasn't talking about you twenty eight, I read your reports on the matches so am aware you show up, I was inferring to myself, living 5000 miles away my only options are to keep an eye on comments on the web, I do catch the odd game when I can stream them. Can't argue that tactics have always been a big part of the game too, my main point was that it's up to J.C. to sort the problems out, sooner than later please.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..