Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2020, 07:58   #691
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to me Fleetwood got exactly what they deserved.
should call em the name they use about them nowadays, joey bartons fleetwood.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2020, 09:22   #692
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
C’mon Cashy, no club deserves Barton
In this case I reckon they deserve each other
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:45   #693
God Member

Mickey Mellon leaves Tranmere to take over at Dundee United.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:07   #694
God Member

Bolton and Peterborough both saying they are going to start pre-season training within the next fortnight.
Old 07-07-2020, 14:52   #695
God Member

Wigan administration team to appeal against the points deduction on the grounds of force majeure, meanwhile making 75 staff redundant but confident of finishing season. Wigan rugby club who share the stadium I believe are interested in purchasing the club.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:09   #696
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Wigan rugby club who share the stadium I believe are interested in purchasing the club.
if that is the case then the future for wigan fans might get even bleaker. the owners of wigan rugby league will have their interests first and foremost in RL and at best football could end up a minor interest and finance from them. certainly did not help stockport county with joint ownership with sale sharks.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:41   #697
God Member

See Bolton are sticking 2 fingers up at the EFL and everyone else after near ruin creditors including local to them unpaid are about to splash the cash again Doyle signing Thursday apparently, both Mansfield, Salford and Swindon out bid, rumours they are after Lonerghan it's a joke looks like locally only us and Rochdale show any budget responsibility probably why we both hovered near the bottom.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:05   #698
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
See Bolton are sticking 2 fingers up at the EFL and everyone else after near ruin creditors including local to them unpaid are about to splash the cash again Doyle signing Thursday apparently, both Mansfield, Salford and Swindon out bid, rumours they are after Lonerghan it's a joke looks like locally only us and Rochdale show any budget responsibility probably why we both hovered near the bottom.
Why are yoy remotely surprised at this ?
There are clubs who are prepared to gamble this season knowing they can acquire "assets" a little cheaper this year and in Bolton's case with a clean bill of health.
My money was laid on them some time ago to bounce straight back.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:06   #699
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if that is the case then the future for wigan fans might get even bleaker. the owners of wigan rugby league will have their interests first and foremost in RL and at best football could end up a minor interest and finance from them. certainly did not help stockport county with joint ownership with sale sharks.
And it does beg the question if interested now, why not before ???
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:14   #700
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Why are yoy remotely surprised at this ?
There are clubs who are prepared to gamble this season knowing they can acquire "assets" a little cheaper this year and in Bolton's case with a clean bill of health.
My money was laid on them some time ago to bounce straight back.
Not surprised at all just sick of the system not just in football that allows people to go bankrupt not paying people and starting again,I know these are new owners but my point was you would think with no idea on when crowds back, no start date , possible salary caps they would show some restraint but no the hunt for success in football often shoves common sense out the window.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:45   #701
God Member

Maybe the rules should be changed on administration instead of 12 points why not automatic relegation irrelevant of points gained.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-07-2020, 14:25   #702
Senior Member+

Next season could be hilarious at League One.
Bottom two starting on minus 12 Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday.
Old 08-07-2020, 20:50   #703
Senior Member+

Quote:
Next season could be hilarious at League One.
Bottom two starting on minus 12 Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday.
you may need to check facts here Twenty Eight, if Wigan are relegated, it will be because they had 12 points deducted from this seasons total (unless of course they finish in the relegation zone), I cannot speak of Sheff Wednesday because I don't know their points total this season, however, if not in the relegation zone (as with Wigan) then they would be deducted 12 points this season, but if they are in the relegation zone, they would be deducted 12 points next season. There is also talk of Wigan being deducted a further 15 points for another indiscretion. Talk about being kicked in the youknowwhats when they are down (so to speak)

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 21:11   #704
Full Member+

Quote:
And it does beg the question if interested now, why not before ???
They used to have the same ownership but there was no affinity between both sets of fans, however if you can buy the football club you more or less buy the ground you play it and now it makes economic sense. if Athletic go under it will harms Wigan, and also you don't know what vultures will come in if they spot a bargain.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:56   #705
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
should call em the name they use about them nowadays, joey bartons fleetwood.
And as if confirmation of the sort of club they are was needed, Paddy Madden charged with insulting/abusing a match official & Akinfenwa accusing a person officially connected with Fleetwood repeatedly abusing him during the game - just wonder if there'll be any action taken or if Joey's magic cloak covers his squad & staff too?
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..