Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2020, 07:48   #706
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
you may need to check facts here Twenty Eight, if Wigan are relegated, it will be because they had 12 points deducted from this seasons total (unless of course they finish in the relegation zone), I cannot speak of Sheff Wednesday because I don't know their points total this season, however, if not in the relegation zone (as with Wigan) then they would be deducted 12 points this season, but if they are in the relegation zone, they would be deducted 12 points next season. There is also talk of Wigan being deducted a further 15 points for another indiscretion. Talk about being kicked in the youknowwhats when they are down (so to speak)
I am fully aware of the facts. There is every chance that both clubs drop into the relegation zone the way they are playing.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2020, 07:54   #707
God Member

funny how some clubs really mirror their manager. fleetwood with barton go together like fish and chips. those bad ones anyway.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:56   #708
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Maybe the rules should be changed on administration instead of 12 points why not automatic relegation irrelevant of points gained.
plus those like macclesfield who regularly miss wage payment dates. 3 late payments and you are down.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:11   #709
Senior Member+

Quote:
Maybe the rules should be changed on administration instead of 12 points why not automatic relegation irrelevant of points gained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
plus those like macclesfield who regularly miss wage payment dates. 3 late payments and you are down.
Be careful what you wish for. We may be OK just now with our current owner, but times do change .....
MikeA, AccyMad and cashman like this.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:37   #710
God Member

Red face Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I am fully aware of the facts. There is every chance that both clubs drop into the relegation zone the way they are playing.
I thought winning was how you had good form Wigan have won 4 out of 5 of their last games unless I am missing something.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:25   #711
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Be careful what you wish for. We may be OK just now with our current owner, but times do change .....
Correct

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:21   #712
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
its back to club ownership yet again. the rules should be put inforce to stop people owning clubs who have got dubious reasons for owning them. fans groups should also be included in any talks of future ownership. i imagine that we can spot a wrong un before the league can. at the end of the day, no matter what business you are in, if you cannot pay wages you should not be in it. if there is no one suitable to take over that business then i,m afraid it has to die. there will be someone else somewhere who is able to do it. if this is a football club i,m afraid it should not be a special case.
cashman and andyd like this.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:36   #713
God Member

Quote:
its back to club ownership yet again. the rules should be put inforce to stop people owning clubs who have got dubious reasons for owning them. fans groups should also be included in any talks of future ownership. i imagine that we can spot a wrong un before the league can. at the end of the day, no matter what business you are in, if you cannot pay wages you should not be in it. if there is no one suitable to take over that business then i,m afraid it has to die. there will be someone else somewhere who is able to do it. if this is a football club i,m afraid it should not be a special case.
The EFL have said that the test is limited their own words the Wigan owner past it and then decided he couldn't fund it, the more foreign potencial owners that come forward especially from Asia the harder it is to trace their history. They need to tighten up then as Andy Holt has been shouting from the rooftops to deaf ears for ages regulations need tightening and as mentioned on previous thread if you can't afford to run the club you haven't been prudent enough and unfortunately face the consequences.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:04   #714
God Member

In an interview Rick Parry explained that the Wigan ‘owner’
“passed the test, albeit it self-certifications and he provided...assurances”.
Wow, self-certified tests!
I seem to remember self-certified mortgage applications before 2008, and look where that ended.
However, he did go on to say:
“Why can we not have community owned, sustainable clubs? ”
Nothing will change, though, I suspect.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:54   #715
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Mr Parry is about as much use as Breasts on a Fella. the efl should have said long ago this test is nowhere near good enough,we must get it changed, not make excuses like he is doing.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by cashman; 09-07-2020 at 11:57.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:25   #716
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
“Why can we not have community owned, sustainable clubs? ”
Nothing will change, though, I suspect.
there are community owned clubs but mainly in the lower reaches of non league football. some say they are but there is someone somewhere with deep pockets behind them. there is nothing wrong with our present situation if its policed properly and making it harder and harder for clubs falling into any sort of foreign ownership. doubt many fans through the country would be happy with far eastern ownership or dodgy sheiks.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:16   #717
God Member

R.I.P., big Jack Charlton passed away yesterday another of our greatest National side sadly gone.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:12   #718
God Member

Quote:
R.I.P., big Jack Charlton passed away yesterday another of our greatest National side sadly gone.
plus an excellent club servant and manager at club and country level. along with cloughie he was someone who i,d love to have met. managed to meet brian but never big jack. what i have heard about him and his views i think we might have got on. my type of guy and wonder what he would have thought on the so called modern game.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:27   #719
God Member

Quote:
plus an excellent club servant and manager at club and country level. along with cloughie he was someone who i,d love to have met. managed to meet brian but never big jack. what i have heard about him and his views i think we might have got on. my type of guy and wonder what he would have thought on the so called modern game.
For a bloke who in his youth spent time working down the pit watching guys who think nothing of spending £500,000 on a watch after a so called tackle squirm about on the floor in faked agony to jump up seconds later I can only imagine.
Old 13-07-2020, 07:48   #720
God Member

Quote:
after a so called tackle squirm about on the floor in faked agony to jump up seconds later I can only imagine.
he would have felt the same as the majority of us do when we see the same. a good well timed hard tackle for me was the best thing on the pitch to see after a goal.
cashman and andyd like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..