Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2020, 16:29   #781
Full Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

Yes Exile the report in the i says that it could each Premier League club several million per season.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2020, 16:33   #782
Full Member+

Sadly andy it appears to be the case these days that when it comes to actually paying the money the bidder withdraws interest.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 17:52   #783
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
Sadly andy it appears to be the case these days that when it comes to actually paying the money the bidder withdraws interest.
I think it will come out in the fullness of time it was when due diligence went ahead ....... and all the skeletons fell out of the cupboard.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 21:31   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I think it will come out in the fullness of time it was when due diligence went ahead ....... and all the skeletons fell out of the cupboard.
The other way round actually they pulled out when they were told what the price would be to buy a league one club as opposed to the championship one that they thought they would be buying and the administrators are desperate to do a deal before the hearing in case it all goes tits up.

The preferred bidders asked for a price for each scenario and didnt like the answer they got if it was to be for a league one club.

The administrators would rather agree on a price that would apply whichever league they end up in.

Believe they're now going to do it by a sealed bid auction and on that basis already one of the remaining six has pulled out refusing to bid for something they might not end up getting.

The word is the preferred bidder wasn't the Rugby club as they would probably be the safest option but their bid compared to some of the others is pretty low. But it's very difficult for administrators to see much beyond the highest bidders however good some of the lower bidders would appear to be.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2020, 07:26   #785
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
. But it's very difficult for administrators to see much beyond the highest bidders however good some of the lower bidders would appear to be.
and thats the problem in how low the game has decended over the years. its all about the money and shortly there will be no fans or supporters, they will be called customers. all clubs need money like they all have, but its slowly getting to the point where the issue of the balance sheet at clubs will have more interest than the player retained list.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2020, 09:27   #786
Senior Member+

Quote:
But it's very difficult for administrators to see much beyond the highest bidders however good some of the lower bidders would appear to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
and thats the problem in how low the game has decended over the years. its all about the money and shortly there will be no fans or supporters, they will be called customers. all clubs need money like they all have, but its slowly getting to the point where the issue of the balance sheet at clubs will have more interest than the player retained list.
On the other hand, every £ the administrators don't bring in if they accept a lower bid is a £ that doesn't go to the small local traders owed money by the club, who come last on the list when non-football debts are partially settled .
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 26-07-2020, 09:57   #787
Senior Member+

Quote:
The other way round actually they pulled out when they were told what the price would be to buy a league one club as opposed to the championship one that they thought they would be buying and the administrators are desperate to do a deal before the hearing in case it all goes tits up.

The preferred bidders asked for a price for each scenario and didnt like the answer they got if it was to be for a league one club.

The administrators would rather agree on a price that would apply whichever league they end up in.

Believe they're now going to do it by a sealed bid auction and on that basis already one of the remaining six has pulled out refusing to bid for something they might not end up getting.

The word is the preferred bidder wasn't the Rugby club as they would probably be the safest option but their bid compared to some of the others is pretty low. But it's very difficult for administrators to see much beyond the highest bidders however good some of the lower bidders would appear to be.
Well that’s not the official line.
Non compliance with stage one exclusivity.
Money could not be proven to be lodged with Solicitors and £100k non returnable bond not paid.
I was told reason for that was thr need for due diligence first.
Old 27-07-2020, 07:50   #788
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
On the other hand, every £ the administrators don't bring in if they accept a lower bid is a £ that doesn't go to the small local traders owed money by the club, who come last on the list when non-football debts are partially settled .
thats the main problem. however knowing football clubs finances i for one would not supply em with anything once a club missed a payment to me. its not just those who go into administration that are slow or never payers by a long means.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 08:14   #789

Quote:
Well that’s not the official line.
Non compliance with stage one exclusivity.
Money could not be proven to be lodged with Solicitors and £100k non returnable bond not paid.
I was told reason for that was thr need for due diligence first.
Well of course they wernt going to pay a 100k non refundable deposit when a purchase price hasnt been agreed in the case of it being a League one club theyre buying.

They were the preffered bidders because their offer to buy it as a championship club was the best on the table but their valuation of it as a League one club is a long way short of the administrators.

Whereas the bid from the Rugby club is a lot less for the championship club but a lot nearer the administrators value of it as a league one outfit.

However apparently over the weekend talks reopened with the original prefered bidders.
andyd likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 14:53   #790
Senior Member+

Krasner does things by the book. Make an offer then show me the money by lodging in Escrow account with Legal Representatives.
Pay the non returnable bond - demonstrates commitment.
By the way I know of one bidder whose offer was turned down and has lost his bond.
That's how insolvency works.
Old 29-07-2020, 14:55   #791
Senior Member+

Any transfer rumours ..?
Heard a whisper that we my fancy the Keeper Adam Federici.
Old 29-07-2020, 16:08   #792
God Member

Quote:
Any transfer rumours ..?
Heard a whisper that we my fancy the Keeper Adam Federici.
That was on the the EFL hub twitter site spews rumours out all day long, wouldn't read too much into it myself.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 16:31   #793
God Member

Quote:
Krasner does things by the book. Make an offer then show me the money by lodging in Escrow account with Legal Representatives.
Pay the non returnable bond - demonstrates commitment.
By the way I know of one bidder whose offer was turned down and has lost his bond.
That's how insolvency works.
In Bury FC,s case a bit different I know Dale put the business into a CVA and upto the deadline date there were apparently 4 different bidders wanting to buy Bury, I think Dale somehow playing the game turned one down stating he preferred another but EFL said time ran out and rest is history. The ironic thing is there is now a phoenix Bury in the lower leagues and the national League is contemplating allowing Dale and Bury FC back in strange insolvency there.I think that a lot of dodgy dealings go on somewhere especially when it concerns large amounts of money. Administration team at Wigan now saying Paul Cook is an asset and trying to block his resignation.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 18:13   #794
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
In Bury FC,s case a bit different I know Dale put the business into a CVA and upto the deadline date there were apparently 4 different bidders wanting to buy Bury, I think Dale somehow playing the game turned one down stating he preferred another but EFL said time ran out and rest is history. The ironic thing is there is now a phoenix Bury in the lower leagues and the national League is contemplating allowing Dale and Bury FC back in strange insolvency there.I think that a lot of dodgy dealings go on somewhere especially when it concerns large amounts of money. Administration team at Wigan now saying Paul Cook is an asset and trying to block his resignation.
They should be holding out for compo for Cook as it is their job and clearly someone wants him, and he has 2 years left so it will be significant. If they don't pay him then he has a case for walking due to breach of contract.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 20:32   #795
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
That was on the the EFL hub twitter site spews rumours out all day long, wouldn't read too much into it myself.
Dont do Twitter - heard it elsewhere.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..