Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2020, 20:36   #796
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
In Bury FC,s case a bit different I know Dale put the business into a CVA and upto the deadline date there were apparently 4 different bidders wanting to buy Bury, I think Dale somehow playing the game turned one down stating he preferred another but EFL said time ran out and rest is history. The ironic thing is there is now a phoenix Bury in the lower leagues and the national League is contemplating allowing Dale and Bury FC back in strange insolvency there.I think that a lot of dodgy dealings go on somewhere especially when it concerns large amounts of money. Administration team at Wigan now saying Paul Cook is an asset and trying to block his resignation.
Don’t get me going about Bury.
My Firm represented a potential buyer who put a bid in.
Due diligence was horrific.
Offer withdrawn.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2020, 14:46   #797
God Member

Charlton have 47 days left to provide proof of funds to satisfy EFL or face expulsion from the league, they have had months to do this not looking good.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 16:56   #798

Just been reading about vandalism at the Accrington Stanley Hub in the LT, very anti-Stanley comments. Does anyone know more?
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 07:16   #799
God Member

Quote:
Charlton have 47 days left to provide proof of funds to satisfy EFL or face expulsion from the league, they have had months to do this not looking good.
now newcastle fans are waking up this morning and realizing their new takeover is no more. foreign investors again. if it wasn,t so serious it would be funny.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 08:41   #800
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
now newcastle fans are waking up this morning and realizing their new takeover is no more. foreign investors again. if it wasn,t so serious it would be funny.
Well people need to make their mind up.
Demands for scrupulous fit and proper persons tests demanded and that's what's done for this deal.
How can you have a club owner involved in the illegal streaming of football across the globe ?
Old 31-07-2020, 08:53   #801
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Well people need to make their mind up.
Demands for scrupulous fit and proper persons tests demanded and that's what's done for this deal.
How can you have a club owner involved in the illegal streaming of football across the globe ?
Not how I read between the lines the Saudis were fed up of the delay and the Covid scenario changed their mind they pulled out no one knows whether they would have passed the EFL test as they hadn't reached a decision.
Old 31-07-2020, 08:59   #802
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i certanly would not trust the Saudis full stop, nor would most who aint making money out of em. imho.
Old 31-07-2020, 11:27   #803
God Member

Quote:
Not how I read between the lines the Saudis were fed up of the delay and the Covid scenario changed their mind they pulled out no one knows whether they would have passed the EFL test as they hadn't reached a decision.
Having lived there, the concept of a Saudi being fed up of a delay is the best joke I’ve read today.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 13:00   #804
Senior Member+

Quote:
Come on Andy !
It's in the public domain that they were streaming illegally.
Delays caused by their unscrupulous tv antics - directly removing revenue from the sponsors of football in the UK !
I'm sure Sky and BT would have been delighted to have them on board.
Old 31-07-2020, 13:03   #805
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Having lived there, the concept of a Saudi being fed up of a delay is the best joke I’ve read today.
Hallelujah brother.
Old 31-07-2020, 14:42   #806
God Member

Quote:
Hallelujah brother.
Bukra, sadiq, bukra.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 14:53   #807
God Member

Quote:
Come on Andy !
It's in the public domain that they were streaming illegally.
Delays caused by their unscrupulous tv antics - directly removing revenue from the sponsors of football in the UK !
I'm sure Sky and BT would have been delighted to have them on board.
Well if it's that obvious which it was from day one my point again is why hasn't the EFL reacted straight away and blocked them then waste of space that's why.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-07-2020, 15:13   #808
Full Member+

Agree with you andyd but the EFL must make money out of all the talks and meetings, when you look back at the Bury fiasco it was obvious from the start that they weren't going to be allowed to carry on, but there had to be exploratory talks, consultations with people who had to fill out forms and produce evidence of funds etc, etc, etc. which even if they were obvious non runners the forms were handed over the the legal department and at the end of the day a press conference is held to say that it isn't going to happen.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 15:38   #809
God Member

Mike Ashley still 100% behind the Saudi deal and hasn't ruled out them coming back.
Old 31-07-2020, 16:02   #810
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Mike Ashley still 100% behind the Saudi deal and hasn't ruled out them coming back.
thats not a shock hes a right cheating sod.
andyd likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..