Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2020, 12:13   #1051

Re: Bits & Bobs

Sorry, but he'll always be "Cheating Diego" to me.........never played for my team, brilliance on the football field does not make up for his other antics. I feel sorry for his family of course, a sad end to someone who was unable to cope with his talent, fame, wealth and addictions.
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2020, 13:25   #1052
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

cant knock his ability at all he was great. also cant knock the fact he was a cheater and even when tv showed it, he said it was the hand of god some may tolerate crap like that. i will never no matter who does it.
Old 26-11-2020, 14:39   #1053
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
cant knock his ability at all he was great. also cant knock the fact he was a cheater and even when tv showed it, he said it was the hand of god some may tolerate crap like that. i will never no matter who does it.
So if Stanley scored an illegal goal not spotted by ref or liner that resulted in promotion to the championship I presume you wouldn't celebrate just asking.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 15:02   #1054
Senior Member+

M.H. I think you're reading something that isn't there. I didn't criticize his talent and I didn't blame him for the "extra" protection he received from the refs, it was his waste of opportunity to do good in his country instead of promoting drugs which turned me off him. As for the "hand of god" bit, I'm sure his maker sent him packing south when he reached the pearly gates.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 15:09   #1055
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
So if Stanley scored an illegal goal not spotted by ref or liner that resulted in promotion to the championship I presume you wouldn't celebrate just asking.
i dont hold with cheating FULL STOP is their part of that yeh dont understand?
The Red Darreners likes this.
Old 26-11-2020, 22:16   #1056
Senior Member+

Players' market values:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leag...wettbewerb/GB3

Presumably, somebody gets paid for making up this stuff...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 09:56   #1057
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Players' market values:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leag...wettbewerb/GB3

Presumably, somebody gets paid for making up this stuff...
players agents.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 22:43   #1058
God Member

Have to congratulate Chorley for their win at Peterborough in the FA Cup today, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall after the game - I bet Fergie Junior was spitting feathers
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2020, 01:43   #1059

Absolutely.
Nor was it just a 'win' - it was a 2-1 drubbing - arguably even more comprehensive than our own first day dismantling of the Posh. Hit the post twice - Newby's run and shot were magnificent - and thwarted from the spot by an exceptional save from Christy Pym.
Thrilled for Connor Hall especially as an ex-Red for getting goals against both Posh and Wigan, but as a team they really seem to play for each other - I can't believe they won't be shooting up the NLN in the next few weeks.
Hoping that Marine will join them in Round Three later today.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2020, 19:37   #1060
God Member

Another one bites the dust - Sunderland have sacked Phil Parkinson, bit drastic when they're in 8th place but what do I know . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2020, 20:43   #1061
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Another one bites the dust - Sunderland have sacked Phil Parkinson, bit drastic when they're in 8th place but what do I know . . . . .
Just over 12 months about average recently for " big " club Sunderland eighth place in the table god help any manager if they are in the bottom three, must cost a fortune paying all these guys off, won't stop them moaning about losses though when this season with no fans is accounted for. I will send my CV in the post just a month of there salaries and pay off will do for me.
Old 30-11-2020, 09:44   #1062
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
its all about the club and fans expectations. 8th place for stanley would equal a new managers contract 8th at sunderland warrents the sack. the managers news over the last few days did have one real surprise. bradfords stuart mccall given some extension with his side quickly dropping into the league 2 danger area.
Old 30-11-2020, 10:04   #1063
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its all about the club and fans expectations. 8th place for stanley would equal a new managers contract 8th at sunderland warrents the sack. the managers news over the last few days did have one real surprise. bradfords stuart mccall given some extension with his side quickly dropping into the league 2 danger area.
Expectations make me laugh 2 games lost this season least in league 1 apart from promotion,s to the premiership they haven't actually won anything since 1973, it doesn't get the tag of poisoned chalice for nothing. As for McCall at Bradford how many times as he had that job?
Old 30-11-2020, 10:56   #1064
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1247374]Expectations make me laugh 2 games lost this season least in league 1 apart from promotion,s to the premiership they haven't actually won anything since 1973,

i know, but the vast majority of their fans expect to be seeing em as a championship club or at least topping division 1. even at stanley i think expectations have changed over the last few seasons especially with newer fans. if stanley did get relegated from div.1 and then struggled near the bottom of div.2 the season after then i could even see coleys days being numbered.
Old 30-11-2020, 11:12   #1065
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1247377]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Expectations make me laugh 2 games lost this season least in league 1 apart from promotion,s to the premiership they haven't actually won anything since 1973,

i know, but the vast majority of their fans expect to be seeing em as a championship club or at least topping division 1. even at stanley i think expectations have changed over the last few seasons especially with newer fans. if stanley did get relegated from div.1 and then struggled near the bottom of div.2 the season after then i could even see coleys days being numbered.
This is the problem with most " big " clubs manager comes in immediate results are expected even with someone else,s squad, time isn't a commodity common amongst managers hazard of the job vastly owtwieghed by big salaries will be no shortage of applications.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..