Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2020, 09:02   #1141
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
2 people

Club nominated medic gets results first in full detail, to a secure e-mail address

EFL medic gets notification of any positive test; but numbers only; no names.
Thanks Mark quick question do you think that league 1 & 2 players are being tested regularly enough even before the emergence of this new more transmissible variant?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2020, 09:05   #1142
God Member

Ian Holloway quits as Grimsby boss.
Old 23-12-2020, 09:36   #1143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Thanks Mark quick question do you think that league 1 & 2 players are being tested regularly enough even before the emergence of this new more transmissible variant?
The answer is obvious Andy..... NO!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 10:25   #1144
God Member

Boro now down with it

Old 23-12-2020, 10:32   #1145
God Member

Breaking news at Pompey multiple positive cases inevitable postponement of next few games real fear now of suspension of season.
Old 23-12-2020, 10:49   #1146
God Member

Due to play Swindon, who are behind due to their own CV19 issues....

Old 23-12-2020, 10:54   #1147
God Member

19 weeks to official end of season Stanley have 30 league games and potentially 5 cup games, not a lot of room for many postponement,s.
Old 23-12-2020, 11:14   #1148
God Member

Pompey,s next 2 games postponed so our game with them goes ahead up to now.
Old 23-12-2020, 14:40   #1149
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post

Personally I do the testing levels are right

We have spent an huge amount of money to do the tests; ASFC pays

We have another mandatory round of testing to do in the New Year.

Apart from EFL /PL handouts we have had minimal income. Whist we have sold season tickets we are all the mercy of fans as every game that goes ahead BCD we are testing their patience.

We are still paying 20% VAT and we are still paying HMRC on time in full
MikeA and choirboy like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 15:11   #1150
God Member

Quote:

Apart from EFL /PL handouts we have had minimal income. Whist we have sold season tickets we are all the mercy of fans as every game that goes ahead BCD we are testing their patience.

Thanks Mark honest answer, have to agree about BCD testing fans patience, habits are just that they are broken by change, will people all rush back to the cinema, pub, church, rugby the answer will be in the proof of the pudding, one thing that is certain the world will be different after the pandemic than before.
Old 23-12-2020, 15:31   #1151
God Member

Smile Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Well you might be trying the patience of some supporters, but I think that there are also plenty of very understanding supporters

MikeA, cashman and choirboy like this.

Old 23-12-2020, 16:22   #1152
God Member

Blackpool sign emergency keeper as Chris Maxwell and Matty Virtue isolate after testing positive.
Old 23-12-2020, 17:47   #1153
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Well you might be trying the patience of some supporters, but I think that there are also plenty of very understanding supporters

Joe

Thanks for that; we try to look after our FANtastic supporters but shouldn't take anything for granted
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 22:06   #1154
Senior Member+

It is not surprising that the virus transmits between the players! Watching televised matches at all levels the players are still jumping all over each other, hugging and shaking hands, as are the coaches and other staff at the end of matches. If we did that on the streets and in the shops we would get fined! Whilst football and rugby are rightfully classed as contact sports most of the actual contact really happens in the ‘celebrations’ of scoring goals or points! Much tighter control is needed if teams are to reduce the incidence of cross infection. I haven’t hugged my two daughters or my two grandsons for nine months now! Surely the players can exercise some control and reduce the risks!
chevyfire, andyd and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2020, 07:23   #1155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
It is not surprising that the virus transmits between the players! Watching televised matches at all levels the players are still jumping all over each other, hugging and shaking hands, as are the coaches and other staff at the end of matches. If we did that on the streets and in the shops we would get fined! Whilst football and rugby are rightfully classed as contact sports most of the actual contact really happens in the ‘celebrations’ of scoring goals or points! Much tighter control is needed if teams are to reduce the incidence of cross infection. I haven’t hugged my two daughters or my two grandsons for nine months now! Surely the players can exercise some control and reduce the risks!
With the new rules in the premiership about teams in tier 4 areas testing 2 times a week, they must feel there is a greater threat from this new varient of Covid, surely at lower levels were testing is done periodically due to cost anything they can do to minimise contact would be a good idea..Also reduce the number of people in the stadium to a minimum, Chairmen and guests, managers from other clubs watching players, fans aren't allowed in so the bare minimum to me that's required to stage a game should be the norm.
choirboy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..