Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2021, 08:27   #1336
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Interesting statistics on the Ifollow figures for Lincoln v Stanley total 3753 away 273 apparently best yet for Lincoln, is it good or bad figures for both teams Lincoln,s first season back in league 1 they averaged 8986 fans so over 5500+ not bothering and don't have Stanley's home viewing figures but 273 isn't many. Reasons anybody mine are fans don't like it can't wait to get back live, poor quality issues and generally financial problems.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2021, 08:35   #1337
God Member

Also to add to last post Lincoln had 6500+ season tickets sold last season not sure on excact numbers this season but early bird they had sold 4000+.
Old 16-02-2021, 09:52   #1338
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Interesting statistics on the Ifollow figures for Lincoln v Stanley total 3753 away 273 apparently best yet for Lincoln, is it good or bad figures for both teams Lincoln,s first season back in league 1 they averaged 8986 fans so over 5500+ not bothering and don't have Stanley's home viewing figures but 273 isn't many. Reasons anybody mine are fans don't like it can't wait to get back live, poor quality issues and generally financial problems.
Keep in mind if a family of 2 or 3 who go to games then that's only 1 iFollow pass needed in the household to watch.
I've not experienced any poor quality issues with the feed and have always found it to be at an acceptable level. It's not the same is HD multi-camera Sky premier league quality but it does the job.
Financial problems is an interesting point, would the people not forking out £10 per game due to that be attending a game in that scenario?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2021, 10:09   #1339
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Keep in mind if a family of 2 or 3 who go to games then that's only 1 iFollow pass needed in the household to watch.
I've not experienced any poor quality issues with the feed and have always found it to be at an acceptable level. It's not the same is HD multi-camera Sky premier league quality but it does the job.
Financial problems is an interesting point, would the people not forking out £10 per game due to that be attending a game in that scenario?
Good point on families watching together no way of counting them I suppose, quality is an issue with quite a few agree better than nothing for the fanatics, it's a scource of income for clubs better than nothing but Andy Holt said in the zoom meeting Stanley lost around £80000+ last season looking at between £150000 to £200000 loss this season that's with a club with small playing budget and low cost base, he added a lot of clubs at the wall regarding money or lack of. No chance even with vaccines of crowds this season and even in August if given go ahead it will probably be limited, with season tickets renewal times coming up for most clubs next season could be defining for some clubs and for the PFA to think they are protecting their members by having salary cap reversed is plain short sighted madness.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:22   #1340
God Member

I asked the same question awhile ago but no-one seemed able to answer specifically but...if I subscribe to iFollow via Stanley’s web site, how much of my £10 goes to Stanley for (1) home games, and (2) away games?
Anyone know?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2021, 10:27   #1341
God Member

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1250393]Keep in mind if a family of 2 or 3 who go to games then that's only 1 iFollow pass needed in the household to watch.

whilst that is true lincoln got a tenner off me they would not have got in normal circumstances. even for home games there will be a few stanley fans who cannot attend anymore who stream the games.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2021, 10:43   #1342
Full Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1250396]
Quote:

whilst that is true lincoln got a tenner off me they would not have got in normal circumstances. even for home games there will be a few stanley fans who cannot attend anymore who stream the games.
If I have understood this correctly then, iFollow is allowing people to watch away games when they wouldn't usually attend? I can think of many ASFC away games where the attendance has been less than what was recorded as our 'iFollow attendance.'
Old 16-02-2021, 10:48   #1343
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I asked the same question awhile ago but no-one seemed able to answer specifically but...if I subscribe to iFollow via Stanley’s web site, how much of my £10 goes to Stanley for (1) home games, and (2) away games?
Anyone know?
Mr T may need to clarify this, but I think it's as follows;

Home Games - ASFC get approx 70% of the income (e.g £7 in every £10 spent)
Away Games - The home team (e.g Lincoln) get the money for the first 500 sign ups (I think this is the full £10 too as opposed to 70%). Anything over 500 goes to the Away team.

Cup games are slightly different than the example above for league games.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:55   #1344
God Member

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1250398]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

If I have understood this correctly then, iFollow is allowing people to watch away games when they wouldn't usually attend? I can think of many ASFC away games where the attendance has been less than what was recorded as our 'iFollow attendance.'
I once went to a pre season friendly at Heswall for the first 20+ minutes there was only myself from Accy then Jase and 3 others rolled up so 5 apart from staff a personal record experienced.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:56   #1345

Well FL have plans for 30k crowds at Wembley for the playoffs

It's pretty well established from studies around the world that transmission in outdoor situations is almost negligible.

The issue with football grounds are the concourses but at Wembley, they're on 3 levels and stretches right around 80% of the ground so I wouldn't think with 30k in that shouldn't be an issue.

According to the MD from Chester Racecourse, it's more about creating small sections that cant mingle with each other to facilitate tracing if the worst were to happen and an outbreak occur.

And by the time these games come around well over 50% of the country will have been 3 weeks post-vaccination.

Pubs have been given a tentative opening date of the Early May bank holiday so no reason whatsoever you couldn't have 30k crowds at Wembly the best part of a month later.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2021, 12:19   #1346
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Well FL have plans for 30k crowds at Wembley for the playoffs

It's pretty well established from studies around the world that transmission in outdoor situations is almost negligible.

The issue with football grounds are the concourses but at Wembley, they're on 3 levels and stretches right around 80% of the ground so I wouldn't think with 30k in that shouldn't be an issue.

According to the MD from Chester Racecourse, it's more about creating small sections that cant mingle with each other to facilitate tracing if the worst were to happen and an outbreak occur.

And by the time these games come around well over 50% of the country will have been 3 weeks post-vaccination.

Pubs have been given a tentative opening date of the Early May bank holiday so no reason whatsoever you couldn't have 30k crowds at Wembly the best part of a month later.
All ifs and buts hope it happens but don't think reading between the lines there will be any large gatherings allowed until the population is vaccinated or been offered one if achieving on time this is August/ September so play offs are a bit optimistic. Pubs have been given dates but their collective heads don't really want the same restrictions as last time has they don't make money.
Old 16-02-2021, 13:09   #1347
God Member

Quote:
Mr T may need to clarify this, but I think it's as follows;

Home Games - ASFC get approx 70% of the income (e.g £7 in every £10 spent)
Away Games - The home team (e.g Lincoln) get the money for the first 500 sign ups (I think this is the full £10 too as opposed to 70%). Anything over 500 goes to the Away team.

Cup games are slightly different than the example above for league games.
Thanks, Josh.
To clarify, am I right in thinking that, unless 501 fans sign on via the Stanley web site for an away game, Stanley get nowt.
Same as if it was a ‘normal’ away game!
But, for the bigger clubs with 500+ viewers, this ‘virtual’ arrangement is financially better than ‘normal’ times. Mmm...?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2021, 17:17   #1348

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
All ifs and buts hope it happens but don't think reading between the lines there will be any large gatherings allowed until the population is vaccinated or been offered one if achieving on time this is August/ September so playoffs are a bit optimistic. Pubs have been given dates but their collective heads don't really want the same restrictions as last time has they don't make money.
But you don't need to have everyone vaccinated to get to a point where all you will get are very small clusters and the R rate would be very low digits.

And by the end of April, the most vulnerable 50% of the population will have had their first jab then add into that those who have natural immunity from already having had covid and you're getting pretty close to the point at which transmission stops.

The pub industry has already told Boris what they will accept and what they won't [ his outside only plan didn't last very long] What i.m told is the only restrictions will be the same as supermarkets ie distancing and masks but as you cant drink in a mask that won't work. There are enough studies now to show that pubs are no greater risk than anywhere else.

But the overriding issue is very shortly we.ll have a budget which without a doubt will be very bad news Boris isn't stupid add any more of his lockdown crap on top of that and he will be toast. There are now over 75 tory MP.s who are willing to cause him serious **** if he doesn't do as he.s told and return us to normality within a matter of weeks.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 07:40   #1349
God Member

Did anyone see our friend Darren Drysdale Square up to Alan Judge of Ipswich during their game last night? I didn't see the full incident, only a still photograph & maybe the player needed a talking to but if a player had squared up to another he would have received at least a booking so I'm wondering if the ref will be disciplined in any way - probably not
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 10:16   #1350
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Did anyone see our friend Darren Drysdale Square up to Alan Judge of Ipswich during their game last night? I didn't see the full incident, only a still photograph & maybe the player needed a talking to but if a player had squared up to another he would have received at least a booking so I'm wondering if the ref will be disciplined in any way - probably not
People seem to be blowing this up a bit: https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...n/12220338/ref
monkey hanger likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..