Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2021, 11:18   #1396
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;

Now you might not agree with my attitude towards it but i can tell you if i didn't feel i was being fed nothing but a load of bull**** i might have been slightly more amenable to going along with some of Boris less balmy ideas.[/QUOTE]

think the media especially the BBC take more blame than actually boris does for the last 12 months. we have had death knocking at our doors with their tame medics and scientists regularly rolled out in their project fear. never has there been a proper debate on the virus and never has the mention of it really being that its the over 60 that were in any real danger without any other medical conditions. a 99 per cent recovery rate anyway with under 400 onder 60,s dying without any other medical conditions. all that never gets a mention but are quick to show anyone who do recover getting the clap when leaving a hospial on recovery. that gives the impression that it was a rare event by doing this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2021, 12:17   #1397
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
And how many of those four took their own measures to avoid catching it or did they rely on Balmy Boris and his facemasks?

I took serious independent medical advice a year ago and by hook or by crook acquired the medication I was told would vastly reduce my chances of catching it and its worked after some tests recently for another completely unrelated medical issue the consultant at the Beardwood told me my immune system was running at a vastly heightened level ready to fight any infection that might come my way.

Now ask yourself if i can protect myself in that way why didn't the government recommend or even better mandate that the whole country took those drugs?

And although i.m very sorry to hear about your friends i suggest you.ve been very unlucky as i know only 2 people who've had it, no one whos been hospitalised and certainly no one whos died and for the first three months i attended a gathering of over 30 people every week [ and not one of the people attending caught anything to the best of my knowledge ]Ive never worn a mask and taken no notice of what Boris says of what i can and i can't do in the privacy of my own home.

Now you might not agree with my attitude towards it but i can tell you if i didn't feel i was being fed nothing but a load of bull**** i might have been slightly more amenable to going along with some of Boris less balmy ideas.
Eating citrus fruits every morning boosts your white blood count thus boosting your immune system 70 pence a tin at Tesco, hope you're medication didn't cost you a fortune as your medical advice is open to anyone with any nonce.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 12:33   #1398
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
but thats life cashy and covid deaths are no worse than anyother death from all other causes that still happens. if you seem to have more family and friends who die of say cancer then that is the illness you fear more yourself. its hard to fear something you do not even know of anyone who has actually caught the thing apart from a 13 year old lad who had it but was hardly sick by it but caused his family a load of hassle due to it.
my old mate had no underlying stuff at all in fact he was still doing Marathons aged 70 it got him thats the thing that made me respect it fully.
Old 23-02-2021, 22:08   #1399

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Eating citrus fruits every morning boosts your white blood count thus boosting your immune system 70 pence a tin at Tesco, hope you're medication didn't cost you a fortune as your medical advice is open to anyone with any nonce.
No, Actually it costs me very little as the stuff I pay for like the various B and D vitamin supplements are dirt cheap online.

The stuff I get on prescription I get from a private doctor who for a small consideration lets me fill it at a chemist as that way i get it for free with my exemption certificate.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 19:20   #1400
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

On a lighter note, Vegan Rovers & "Who've not got no meat pies" are taking this green revolution thing to the masses (well their fans at least).

https://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...cycled-plastic
Old 27-02-2021, 09:31   #1401
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1250841]On a lighter note, Vegan Rovers & "Who've not got no meat pies" are taking this green revolution thing to the masses (well their fans at least).

only reason i could think of in going to nailsworth is blasting my high emmision diesel car up that hill to the ground and leave it ticking over in the car park for as long as i could. wearing a leather jacket in the ground would be compulsory as well as mushy peas the night before and something with plenty of meat and loads of baked beans for breakfast.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 27-02-2021, 09:55   #1402
Senior Member+

Other than that it's a very pleasant ground in a beautiful bit of the country ....... and rather to my surprise , the vegan pie at half time wasn't half bad either!

But I suspect MH not open to persuasion here
MikeA and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 27-02-2021, 10:20   #1403
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

have to be honest im not either i would not go yon if it was a freebie.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-02-2021, 10:44   #1404
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Other than that it's a very pleasant ground in a beautiful bit of the country ....... and rather to my surprise , the vegan pie at half time wasn't half bad either!

But I suspect MH not open to persuasion here
actually the journey to barrow is quite pleasant going through some beautiful country on the way especially from my side of the hill going through kirby lonsdale etc. been there before the vegan takeover but would never be persuaded to join their eating habits. when they cater for me as they wish to be catered for themselves i,ll start giving these veggies and vegans some slack.
Old 28-02-2021, 17:28   #1405
God Member

Interesting snippet on the price of football about Saturday,s opponents Ipswich Town who are rumoured to be sold shortly with Marcus Evans prepared to write off some debt, they have apparently lost £700,000 a month on average for the last 10 years that's 84 million on my reckoning and for every £100 pound of revenue they have paid £106 in wages. Crazy way to work especially when it ends up in failure, wonder if the great teams under Robson were built with such debt. If these are the so called big clubs we are trying to compete with on the field we are winning the balancing of the books and doing quite well at beating them on the pitch as well, the Stanley way is the right way.
MikeA and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:47   #1406
God Member

Another big slice of money will be paid to Lambert who leaves by mutual consent after recently signing a 5 year contract canny Scotsman saying he can't see himself working under new owners, great earner for him Ipswich fans get their wish but what a way to run a club.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:51   #1407
God Member

Darren Moore leaves Doncaster to take over at Sheffield Wednesday must have had a real deal to take that on.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:02   #1408
God Member

Apparently approach made by Wednesday on Friday by Sunday Moore informs Rovers he wants to go Rovers chairman not happy why there will be compensation presumably can't have it both ways would have sacked him if down at the bottom.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:20   #1409
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1250957 If these are the so called big clubs we are trying to compete with on the field we are winning the balancing of the books and doing quite well at beating them on the pitch as well, the Stanley way is the right way.[/QUOTE]

the laugh is these so called big clubs in our league must spend a fortune on wages and signings and are still at the same level. would the sunderlands of this division even contemplate signing players who stanley have signed or those that promoted wycombe last season. whatever league you are in you need players to compete at that level and not the next level up till you get there.
andyd likes this.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:55   #1410
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Apparently approach made by Wednesday on Friday by Sunday....
Blimey, that was a busy week!
AccyMad and DaveinGermany like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..