Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2021, 09:43   #1426
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

R.I.P. Ian St. John another great talent and great on tv with double act Greaves.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2021, 09:57   #1427
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was a damn good player also R.I.P.
choirboy likes this.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:31   #1428
God Member

Always remember the old joke....man walking past a church in Liverpool sees a sign asking “What would you do if Jesus returned today?”....and someone had scrawled underneath “Move St. John to inside right!”.
Great player in a great team.
cashman, yonmon, pifco and 2 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 16:47   #1429
Full Member+

R I P. Ian, another great player and person gone from the field life.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:17   #1430
God Member

who can ever forget the saint and greavesy show. nothing for me has bettered it since.
cashman and pifco like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:37   #1431
God Member

Coventry back at the Ricoh arena next season after signing a ten year agreement.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:48   #1432
Senior Member+

Not yet ..... it isn't signed and two sticking points. Minimum tenure period and break clauses. Hopefully sorted they deserve to be back.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 13:46   #1433
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Coventry back at the Ricoh arena next season after signing a ten year agreement.
Ten years maybe enough time for them to sort out there dream of a new football only home in Coventry.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:54   #1434
God Member

Quote:
Ten years maybe enough time for them to sort out there dream of a new football only home in Coventry.
plus their future new world playing every season in one of the european tournments that many of their fans expected on leaving highfield road.
Old 05-03-2021, 18:35   #1435
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I enjoyed the Ricoh, used to take my niece & nephew there (Sisters kids) good family section, they live about 10 minutes away, little Coventryites & it was prior to the days of Cov & Stanley sharing a league.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:00   #1436
God Member

Another club with an owner that is disliked by fans sacks manager Harry Kewell leaving Oldham with immediate effect there will always be somebody willing to take it on though.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:12   #1437
God Member

Quote:
Another club with an owner that is disliked by fans sacks manager Harry Kewell leaving Oldham with immediate effect there will always be somebody willing to take it on though.
only in football you,d get about 40 sensible applicants for a job with a disliked owner and a basket case of an organisation who think they could do a good job. in any other walk of life i doubt anyone would apply unless the money was something they could not refuse.
andyd likes this.
Old 08-03-2021, 16:57   #1438
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Just a pitty we couldn't have beaten Ipswich last Tuesday .. https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich...hances-7812462

Last edited by mab; 08-03-2021 at 16:59.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 20:37   #1439
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

have to disagree with jcs summary about the coming M.K.Dons game about injuries he says everybody is in the same boat with it, i disagree cos on the basis that most teams above us have far bigger squads than us so that makes em better off than us in my mind.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:35   #1440
God Member

I don’t know if it’s just bad luck, or not, but one puzzling feature for Stanley is how many of those in their squad who are not automatic first team choices, and thus have played few competitive games, are out injured.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..