Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2021, 21:31   #1486
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Think we are lucky that we've never had many bad eggs kicking off and making a fuss to leave.
Clicker prime example, gave his all and left with everyones best wishes and is making his name as a Championship player.
He’s played as striker, wide left, wide right, right wing back left wing back this season.
Seems to have cemented the left wing back role permanently now.
Always thought we could have got more from him than just wide right.
He's settled in the area.
Never hear a bad word about anything to do with, or anyone connected with Accy from Jord.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2021, 10:00   #1487
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Brentford allegedly among those looking took Toney from Posh last season paying him £20000+ a week if I was Dion and much as I love Stanley whoosh off I,d go you don't get many chances of big things in either life or football grab em while you can.
one bad tackle or accident away from a career ending injury.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2021, 10:15   #1488
God Member

Just been confirmed that Nathan Baxter is out for the rest of the season, the lad's given his all for us in his time here - such a shame it's had to end like this & when you think the Ipswich player who clattered him didn't get so much as a booking! Best wishes for a full recovery Nathan
MikeA, Tin Monkey, yonmon and 2 others like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2021, 10:26   #1489
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
He’s played as striker, wide left, wide right, right wing back left wing back this season.
Seems to have cemented the left wing back role permanently now.
Always thought we could have got more from him than just wide right.
He's settled in the area.
Never hear a bad word about anything to do with, or anyone connected with Accy from Jord.
Just needs to work on his accent haha
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2021, 10:50   #1490

Quote:
Not just in the sun when you are as a striker are heading for 20+ goals for a season any club with money to spend will take notice just hope if he does get tempted away we get the going rate for a striker.
Well if he has to go Brentford is as good as anywhere because they don't buy players who are just good enough to play for them but good enough to be sold on for multiple times what they pay for them.

Its said they work to an equation to work out what they.ll pay for a player and that figure is said to be between 10 and 12.5% of what they think they.ll be able to go on and sell the player for the downside is that they are very tight in what they.ll allow in terms of add ons and sell-on fees.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2021, 11:09   #1491

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Well if he has to go Brentford is as good as anywhere because they don't buy players who are just good enough to play for them but good enough to be sold on for multiple times what they pay for them.

Its said they work to an equation to work out what they.ll pay for a player and that figure is said to be between 10 and 12.5% of what they think they.ll be able to go on and sell the player for the downside is that they are very tight in what they.ll allow in terms of add ons and sell-on fees.
Wonder if AH has considered the option of offering a cut of the eventual fee to a player who agrees to stay that extra year unless the value didn't go up during the year its a win-win all round situation especially if you make it that's its 10% but only payable if the value increases by at least 10% over the season. 100k lump sum straight into a players bank account would turn a few players heads but in Jackson's case like a couple of others i.d just do what Andy did and take the cash before the likes of Ipswich changed their minds.
Old 19-03-2021, 15:32   #1492
Senior Member+

Quote:

Hi Mate,

They adopted the moneyball baseball approach. Watch the movie from 2011 true story.
Bit of a long read but interesting.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-huge-budgets
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2021, 07:40   #1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Hi Mate,

They adopted the moneyball baseball approach. Watch the movie from 2011 true story.
Bit of a long read but interesting.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-huge-budgets
Yeah, remember reading that a while back around the time that they scrapped their academy.

Some of it makes a lot of sense but some of it seems to me to be over complicating things in what is really a very simple game but I suppose if your owner has built his business on statistics it shouldn't come as a surprise when he brings those methods to his football club.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-03-2021, 09:13   #1494
God Member

Quote:
Yeah, remember reading that a while back around the time that they scrapped their academy.

Some of it makes a lot of sense but some of it seems to me to be over complicating things in what is really a very simple game but I suppose if your owner has built his business on statistics it shouldn't come as a surprise when he brings those methods to his football club.
at the moment it seems to be working for them so you hear about it. just wonder how many others have given it a go and have failed.
Old 22-03-2021, 13:49   #1495
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

very good interview from Toby Savin on fishy i think.
Old 22-03-2021, 18:27   #1496
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
very good interview from Toby Savin on fishy i think.
Good luck to the lad, thought he played particularly well against Wigan, especially after that start...

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...ew-toby-savin/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 18:39   #1497
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yep but the start was little to do with him imho.
Old 23-03-2021, 10:27   #1498
God Member

R. I. P. The great one and only Frank Worthington had the pleasure of seeing him live a few times great player and personality.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2021, 10:47   #1499
God Member

Quote:
R. I. P. The great one and only Frank Worthington had the pleasure of seeing him live a few times great player and personality.
one of the few players i,d go to see just because he was playing. a true entertainer, very underated as an international, decent bloke who had the time for anyone, love of early rock and roll but if you had a pretty wife of girlfriend keep your eye on em. at least we have our memories. thanks frank.
cashman likes this.
Old 23-03-2021, 11:00   #1500
Senior Member+

Quote:
Anyone remember him playing against Stanley for Radcliffe Borough? I also remember him being the guest speaker at a Stanley Sportsman's Dinner.

Great player and personality.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..