Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2021, 18:22   #1951
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Sorry, I found no way to track down any application details online.
HBC admit their system isn’t working. Looks like some over paid muppet at the Council has bought an over elaborate computer system that is too complicated for both the Council and its target audience - the public.
Shocking system, worst I’ve ever come across.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2021, 04:39   #1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Hyndburn seem to be using one of the most cumbersome and unfriendly programmes I’ve ever come across but I think the application number is 11/21/0474.
Cheers Mate

So that makes it

Document List

If anybody wants to take a look at the proposed new changing rooms and associated facility block.

Looks like they're trying to line all their ducks up to be able to do it in the summer without having to hire in the very expensive temporary facilities mind you i don't recall the ones that Carlisle had after the floods there were all that fancy to cost anywhere near the figure Stanley have been quoted.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 07:27   #1953
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hyndburn seem to be using one of the most cumbersome and unfriendly programmes I’ve ever come across but I think the application number is 11/21/0474.
It takes a while to find it. Knowing the 0474 bit, I came up with Document List
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 08:02   #1954
God Member

When completed our ground and pitch is going to be one of the best in the lower league,s, from being the absolute worst fantastic investment for the community going forward far better than over spending on players and pushing a club to the edge.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 08:36   #1955
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
When completed our ground and pitch is going to be one of the best in the lower league,s, from being the absolute worst fantastic investment for the community going forward far better than over spending on players and pushing a club to the edge.
signing players are for gamblers. ground and pitch improvments are for ones who know the results before they bet.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 20:55   #1956
Senior Member+

Best wishes to Shrews striker, Ryan Bowman, who came on as a late sub against us last month. He was substituted, suffering from heart palpitations, 36 minutes into their game at Ipswich on Saturday, and taken to hospital:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58862839
https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport...-palpitations/
https://blueandamber.proboards.com/t...87/ryan-bowman
Old 11-10-2021, 13:17   #1957
Senior Member+

I can't see anything on our site, but there's a report on PNE's of our U18/U19 side beating them to top Group 3 in the FA Youth Alliance Cup:

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2021/octo...-on-09-oct-21/
https://uk.soccerway.com/national/en...-stage/r62893/

Well done to everyone involved, and best wishes for the next stage of the competition.
Old 11-10-2021, 15:29   #1958
God Member

Well done to the U18s, good result so soon after after a loss to PNE.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:56   #1959

Would be good if the fishy site kept us updated on how the youth and under 23's are getting on.
cashman likes this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:44   #1960
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
Would be good if the fishy site kept us updated on how the youth and under 23's are getting on.

I mentioned this to Dave Burgess about 8 weeks ago asking if fixtures and info relating to the Youth team and Under 23s could be published on the web as i would like to attend and watch the games if possible.
Dave Burgess must have kindly actioned this immediately as a few days later the website started issuing details of fixtures and i actually attended 2 fixtures. I must admit it seems to have gone quiet as i haven't seen anything for about 3 weeks now.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 17:13   #1961
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
I mentioned this to Dave Burgess about 8 weeks ago asking if fixtures and info relating to the Youth team and Under 23s could be published on the web as i would like to attend and watch the games if possible.
Dave Burgess must have kindly actioned this immediately as a few days later the website started issuing details of fixtures and i actually attended 2 fixtures. I must admit it seems to have gone quiet as i haven't seen anything for about 3 weeks now.
The under 23's beat Walsall 3 - 0 today, goals from Tommy Leigh, Jack Nolan & Oliver Patrick
cashman and Lost in Cornwall like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 17:45   #1962
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The under 23's beat Walsall 3 - 0 today, goals from Tommy Leigh, Jack Nolan & Oliver Patrick
Match report: https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2021...of-accrington/

If I'd known sooner, I'd probably have gone. Great Barr isn't too far for me.
Old 12-10-2021, 17:56   #1963
Super Moderator

We can only pass on information "publically" when recieved.

Whilst the Walsall game was "in the public doman" we only recieved confirmation that the public could attend this morning.

As you might have spotted, the main focus today was the annual Y3 Shirt give away
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 18:01   #1964
God Member

Great to see the news of “Shirt Day” on the Fishy site.
Thus must be the best thing Andy Holt and all the staff and players do for Stanley (other than winning games) and the Borough.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-year-running/
MikeA and AccyMad like this.
Old 12-10-2021, 19:47   #1965
God Member

Quote:
Great to see the news of “Shirt Day” on the Fishy site.
Thus must be the best thing Andy Holt and all the staff and players do for Stanley (other than winning games) and the Borough.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-year-running/
Seeing some of the children who had been part of it today when we picked ours up this afternoon, there's no doubt about it - their little faces said it all, bless 'em
MikeA and Exile on Spencer St like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..