Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2021, 17:56   #2011
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its 10k though for all seater grounds and 4k for stanging only ones. where does that leave stanley and othere that have both.
Confused.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2021, 18:26   #2012
Senior Member+

I'm surprised that there's nothing on the web, apart from Twitter, about us beating Peter Murphy's Wigan U23s 3-1 away to reach the semi-finals of the Lancashire Senior Cup, with goals from Matty Carson, Josh Woods and Lewis Mansell. Blackpool are also through, after beating Everton away. PNE and Liverpool are yet to play, as are Bolton and Burnley.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:29   #2013
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Confused.

As different stadia have different layouts & capacities, I think it will more likely be a % of the capacity (social distancing) because a simple number won't work.

This is just my assumption mind, I have no definitive confirmation to support my view, but seeing how the govt & those "clever" advisors chop & change things hourly it seems the most (Illogical) logical response.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:04   #2014
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I'm surprised that there's nothing on the web, apart from Twitter, about us beating Peter Murphy's Wigan U23s 3-1 away to reach the semi-finals of the Lancashire Senior Cup, with goals from Matty Carson, Josh Woods and Lewis Mansell. Blackpool are also through, after beating Everton away. PNE and Liverpool are yet to play, as are Bolton and Burnley.
cannot understand why people use twitter its GARBAGE. i go on but certainly not regular.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:20   #2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
As different stadia have different layouts & capacities, I think it will more likely be a % of the capacity (social distancing) because a simple number won't work.

This is just my assumption mind, I have no definitive confirmation to support my view, but seeing how the govt & those "clever" advisors chop & change things hourly it seems the most (Illogical) logical response.
Up here we have had this for a while. It is the size of the crowd that matters not the stadium and if any are in unseated areas it's the 4000 that applies.

For big crowds it's random checks so you won't always be checked and the stewards do not put a lot of effort into it so it is pretty pointless.

It may be different at accy but with most crowds under 4000 I doubt it will happen often but who knows at the moment
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:37   #2016
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Up here we have had this for a while. It is the size of the crowd that matters not the stadium and if any are in unseated areas it's the 4000 that applies.

For big crowds it's random checks so you won't always be checked and the stewards do not put a lot of effort into it so it is pretty pointless.

It may be different at accy but with most crowds under 4000 I doubt it will happen often but who knows at the moment
Stanley could temporarily reduce capacity to 4000 and avoid this nonsense how when queuing up to a large event do you know the person next to you his jabbed by the time you reach the turnstiles it's irrelevant nonsense, just reduce capacity Andy easier.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:11   #2017

Quote:
Stanley could temporarily reduce capacity to 4000 and avoid this nonsense how when queuing up to a large event do you know the person next to you his jabbed by the time you reach the turnstiles it's irrelevant nonsense, just reduce capacity Andy easier.
I would think that the only game likely to be affected by it is Sunderland in January if it's still on the go. If it works like up here all the clubs did was state our crowds are under the limit and didn't check.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 16:57   #2018
Senior Member+

Quote:
Match report: https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/...ton-Stanley-3/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 17:02   #2019
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Ta for that MikeA. seeing the club never bothered.
Old 10-12-2021, 17:56   #2020
God Member

Quote:
Thanks, Mike.
Well done to the lads.
Promising that Hardy gets several mentions!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:38   #2021
God Member

EFL issuing fresh COVID advice to clubs and supporters this coming week one suggestion being clubs should group players together on coaches depending on vaccination status or past infection, and another goalkeeper,s should train separately to avoid risk of postponement,s they fear a real risk of disruption to the season down the line with this new strain. Seems to me the government on past lies and mismanagement know something we don't.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:24   #2022
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
EFL issuing fresh COVID advice to clubs and supporters this coming week one suggestion being clubs should group players together on coaches depending on vaccination status or past infection, and another goalkeeper,s should train separately to avoid risk of postponement,s they fear a real risk of disruption to the season down the line with this new strain. Seems to me the government on past lies and mismanagement know something we don't.
balls the government know as much as us andyd.what they dont know and nor do the media theres a new strain in france, my mate who is an HGV driver and lives in Germany told me when he got to the french port to deliver something to here. a customs guy told him that. he told me last night.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:27   #2023
Senior Member+

Yeah, but who told the customs guy? His mate who works in a cafe, where one of the chefs moonlights there from his main job in a hospital canteen?
Old 11-12-2021, 12:30   #2024
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Yeah, but who told the customs guy? His mate who works in a cafe, where one of the chefs moonlights there from his main job in a hospital canteen?
dunno i just assumed.will ask tomorrow chimer.
Chimer likes this.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:04   #2025
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
balls the government know as much as us andyd.what they dont know and nor do the media theres a new strain in france, my mate who is an HGV driver and lives in Germany told me when he got to the french port to deliver something to here. a customs guy told him that. he told me last night.
the new Moulin flu. wear a stupid beret with a clove of garlic and drink nothing but wine to keep it clear.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..