Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2009, 22:21   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: The 'Stuffing of Leeds' match thread.

Just back on the first coach of the convoy. Haggis has said it all, but I'm very proud of the way the lads took the game to Leeds with some great football, played mostly on the deck. If only............
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2009, 22:27   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Just back on the first coach of the convoy. Haggis has said it all, but I'm very proud of the way the lads took the game to Leeds with some great football, played mostly on the deck. If only............
If we give a showing like that against the players currently dominating League 1 we can be looking to play a higher level rather than the old days of constantly looking over our shoulder.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 22:48   #78
Senior Member+

Couldent agree more. Just got back also.

We really should not have lost 0-2.

Kee had a very poor game which was a shame , Mcconville missed a sitter yet again, but had a good impact on the game when he came on.

As for Miles's blaze over from 8 yards, did anybody expect anything else????
I know i didnt !!

Agreed stewarding was way over the top, but what can u do if they say sit down??
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 22:52   #79
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Just got in and the lads did accy proud tonight!! did'nt have lady luck on our side tonight other wise like been said we'd have won..one other thing i thought the stewards tonight were over the top and created sonething out of nothining,also thought leeds got it wrong with putting us in that corner should have been behind the goal..

Last edited by mab; 15-12-2009 at 22:56.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 22:56   #80
Resting in Peace

[quote=smudgie;770176]As for Miles's blaze over from 8 yards, did anybody expect anything else????
I know i didnt !!

It's a common failing of our players when taking a pot shot. I've lost count of the number of times this season when they lean back when striking, instead of getting their head over the ball. Coley should get them to watch videos of Ronaldo when he strikes the ball.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 23:02   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just home, great performance against what is really a "Championship" side, did us proud I.M.H.O. i hate sitting at a football match, but if ya go to n All Seater stadium, thems the rules like em or not! The end result could be a Fine the club can ill afford, the young uns should consider that fact! i hope it don't get to that.
Old 15-12-2009, 23:04   #82

How proud am I to be a stanley fan tonight, the lads worked their socks off and on another day we would have stuffed em three off the woodwork one off the line and a one on one but the ball would just not go in the net, fantastic noise from the stanley fans the only down side to the evening was the heavy handed tactics certain members (being the operative word) of the stewarding staff, the nutter in the black was determined to cause trouble and sure enough he got his wish and responded accordingly by throwing fans out,on the other hand the police were quite layed back and just kept an eye open for bother, for crying out loud these are 600 stanley fans wanting to sing and cheer the lads on and what do we get Daz boot tactics. Anyway tomorrow is another day and a STRONG letter of complaint will be winging its way from my computer to Leeds united hopefully I will get a response but I will not hold my breathe. Right moan over and lets get back to winning ways against Barnet on saturday as a warm up for the derby match with the shrimps on boxing day.Last but not least a big vote of thanks must go to the lads who sorted out the coaches for tonight well done.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 23:12   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Agree the lads were marvellous n louder than ever, but no sense bitching to leeds about the stewards, end of the day All seater Stadiums mean ya sit down,they were asked to sit many times before some of the stewards got the hump, fact.
Old 15-12-2009, 23:15   #84

Heard an interview with Grayson saying the better team went out tonight, I agree with that but it's nice to know we can perform against teams of better quality.
As for that bald guy with the clipboard, the less said the better I think.
I reckon the fans would have been better behaved if the police and stewards all looked like that blonde policewoman though...
Old 15-12-2009, 23:21   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAccyStan View Post
Heard an interview with Grayson saying the better team went out tonight, I agree with that but it's nice to know we can perform against teams of better quality.
As for that bald guy with the clipboard, the less said the better I think..
well that guy was a complete tosspot without doubt, but when rights on yer side ya can be.
Old 15-12-2009, 23:22   #86
God Member

The stewards were a bunch of thugs and I for one will be writing in. I doubt it'll make any dent whatsoever but I don't care.
I thought we gave the Leeds players too much respect and lacked that killer edge that we have shown in the League. Had we played them at home maybe we'd have taken our chances better. But I can't fault the lads for effort. Well done to them all. Michael Symes played very well and Bouzanis did a lot to make up for being rooted to (the wrong) spot (entirely) for the first goal to trickle in. Can't really understand picking Murphy first choice but hey ho. Unlucky reds.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 23:24   #87

Just got back in - solid performance on another day we'd have won it. The stewards were bloody awful if they'd left from the start no harm would have been done but no they would up the fans and provoked a reaction which they then got. Tonight was a master class in how not to control a crowd.

Also would like to say thankyou to the Leeds & Bradford fans I found whilst lost on the way to Elland Road who showed me the way.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 23:25   #88

leeds stewards 21 accy fans 0 ........................... i will never got to that **** all again ........... top team lost we could have won 4-2 .. less play like that untill may .play off ..easy
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 23:41   #89

Q.P.R away this year best fan we had here.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 23:52   #90
Senior Member+

stadium wise - it was a bit of a shambles.

get to the turnstiles at 19:25 - get told to walk down to the box office to purchase a ticket.

Due to the 30 minute queue I just make it in time for the first goal. Only 1 window open serving fans who want to purchase a ticket, they where printing off the tickets on demand; everyone had to wait for their tickets to be printed which slowed the queue down not to mention leeds having 6 other staff sitting around doing nothing waiting for leeds fans to collect tickets.

Stewarding was the worst I have ever seen. Totally over the top, encouraged problems, police lead by stewards as oppose to the other way around. Stewards/bouncers where unidentifiable dark clothing with no ID number on show.

Surprised by the police, they where used as puppets of an over zealous stewarding team for a company (showsec) who have been banned frm running various events all due to heavy handed nature.
Most noticably, they where thrown off the Leeds festival contract for hiring no more than a bunch of thugs who did some very dubious acts all under the showsec name.

The game

Im proud but feel frustrated as it clearly wasnt our night. Look at the BBC website, the stats show an even game. with Stanley missing a greater number of chances.
I though Bobby Grant played very well and I hope he will still be with us come the Gillingham cup game.
I think its fair to say David Martin played well for Leeds in goal.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..