Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2009, 21:19   #16
God Member

Re: Moments of the Decade

1. Bournemouth away, first real away let away with no parents just a bunch of mates traveling the country to watch stanley

2. Woking.....nothing needs to be said

3. Torquay weekend, seeing the english riveria invaded by the good folk of accrington...tarquin and tina turner in a awful irish bar!!!

4. Aldershot away, tuesday night win, wallys bar, players bar, players whip round for our ale, players buying everyone beer in asda....

5. Chester away our first game back, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end to the constant "stanley are Back! Stanley are back! hello! hello!"

So many other cracking days/nights/weeks so i shall go on

6. QPR, walking down loftus road at about 7:50 just after kick off and only being able to hear stanleys dale cavasse

7. Bury away 900 traveled and i thought i had walked in the wrong end

8. Morecambe away last year, and taking over the back room in the york

9. Halifax away, streamers and that picture with everyone with a little bit of joy in their face at chucking a till roll....

10. Bradford - thumping them and listening to their fans counting down to pretend they had scored

11. Exeter away - We won it on sky, we won it on Skyyyyyyy,

12. SOS campaign this year - seeing the true nature of football fans, Forever a little bit of accy will be BURY FC

Still so many more to mention... but this is one hell of a ride
Old 19-12-2009, 21:36   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
5. My 1st ever away game, Colwyn Bay August 96. After then i knew i was hooked on the stanley
You're a bit behind buddy

Sharing many of the memories mentioned above, here's my five (by no means in order of importance):

1) Andy Procter goal away at Aldershot - first game in Conference (first time the players had names on the backs of their shirts).
2) Peter Swailes Shield victory away at Burton Albion - Coley sticks 'On Stanley On' flag in middle of Burton's pitch.
3) Away at Whitby - second game in two days; won 3-0.
4) Simon Carden hat trick vs Burscough
5) Away at Macclesfield 2009

Could also include the two legged cup final against BPA, seeing Mark Sertori hanging out of Jamie Speare's sunroof racing down Queen's Road West, the bus/train/taxi/bus ride to Hyde, Forest Green away 2006, Mike Marsh's perfect assist for a Lutel James goal vs Blyth, Jimmy Bell headlock on a Barrow player, Jimmy Bell battering a Bamber Bridge player, Paul Howarth's goal vs Aldershot, Halifax streamers, every Christie Park trip... all unforgettable. Roll on the tens & teens! On Stanley On

Last edited by shakermaker; 19-12-2009 at 21:38.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 12:53   #18

1. Promotion into the league
2. SOS
3. Andy Gouck scoring the winner against Huddersfield live on TV
Old 21-12-2009, 21:39   #19

Many happy times watching stanley.... these are in no order

1. One of my first away games when we beat Leigh RMI 6-0 a few weeks after they had knocked us out of the FA cup

2. Away days out at Grays and Canvey Island in our promotion season

3. A number of people have mentioned that 90th minute winner against Torquay

4. Seeing so many people at Burnley for the SOS campaign

5. Promotion to the league

and of course hearing Coley and MAB give their opinions to the match officials...:-)
Old 27-12-2009, 09:53   #20
Senior Member+

For me the decade hangs on the firsts of 2009:

First team to beat Barnet, Notts County et al at their own grounds.

First time we have won at Rochdale and Bury's own grounds.

First time I have felt that the future of Accrington Stanley is more secure, many thanks to IK and all others who helped SAVE OUR STANLEY.

My only hope for the New Year is to get some decent referees at the Crown and to win promotion to League One (whether it is by the play-offs or by automatic promotion (actually beating Morecambe at Wembley, that would be ace).

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 20:21   #21
Full Member+

1) gouck goal against Huddersfield - watching Stanley for the first time on tv having been told to by my parents (both big fans from the unibond days). It's fair to say I caught the bug that day.

2) Gary's equalizer at the Shay in the conference winning season. Just as he struck the ball I was stood next to me dad and he said "this'll tell us if were going up or not this season". I just said "it's in" and then the away end went mental.

3) same season the morecambe game live on sky. Me and the wife took over a pub in ennis, Ireland to watch the match. (the batman had to lie to one of the regs that the tv had broke to keep the game on tv.) The whole pub were Stanley fans by the end of the night and I left them my scarf

4) leaving Edgar street absolutely gutted with a 2-2 draw even though it virtually assured promotion. I'm not one for singing at games but did the full 90 that day. Even met a Hereford fan who wished us well!

5) a memorable day when Stanley came to the town hall in accy and drinking a bottle of bollanger whilst the town sang to craney et al!

Many more super memories like Bradford away - Leam's game of keepy uppy and the shock of twenty quid entry. Hopefully many more to come from the best little team in the world
Old 27-12-2009, 21:34   #22
Full Member+

Andy Cutt saving 2 penalties in an FA Cup replay.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 08:05   #23

Chewbacca

that was not in this century lol
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 10:11   #24
Full Member+

Beating Morecambe 2-1 and goin 9th in L2, while watching a certain middle aged man turn into a little boy for the last 10 minutes!!

Old 30-12-2009, 08:11   #25

Last game of the season at Exeter when we were in the Conference the 1st season and Exeter thought they had made the play offs at the end. Fireworks a stage everything only to find like we had been singing your staying down with the Stanley. Took them 20 minutes to realise they hadn't qualified it was the funniest thing laughing at all their players and supporters, priceless I'll never forget that day.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..