Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2010, 10:55   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Cav signs

I agree with "Mike" whoever he is......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2010, 11:09   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I agree with "Mike" whoever he is......
should have put mick, but was "Multi-Tasking" writing a bet out at same time.
Old 02-04-2010, 19:01   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so its ok fer a player to have a bet sparkie, so long as hes backing his team to win? sorry no way, ya break rules n get caught, ya pay the price, good riddance.
Thats not what I said Cashy and you know it!!!

For me Cav had a bet (under dispute still in some parts!) he broke the rules, he was wrong and he's done his given penalty. That he placed this bet knowing it broke the rules does annoy me and I am glad he was punished. Its the rules.

However not be a cold and hardened human being like some on here, I personally find a £5 accumulator bet which includes a bet for your team to win a lot easier to forgive than a £2,000 -£5,000 bet against the team you supposedly give your all for for 90 minutes every week, to do that is to betray every single paying customer who come thorugh the turnstiles and bring the club into disrepute. I have forgiven Cav for his indescretion, I have not forgiven the others theirs.

What Cav did was wrong, hes served his penalty, let the lad move on. Good luck Cav.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 19:14   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ok ta fer explaining sparkie, i personally cannot forgive the example he set to kids by making the bet, irrelevant its for or against, i agree he's served his penalty n wish no ill on him or his family, away from the club he disgraced, especially as Team Captain.
Old 02-04-2010, 19:14   #35

I'm not saying anything about the fella but do people really think that these bets were the only ones these people ever placed
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 19:22   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
I'm not saying anything about the fella but do people really think that these bets were the only ones these people ever placed
Well its a sure thing,that most who break rules/law etc aint caught first time.
Old 02-04-2010, 19:27   #37

Exactly, I think the less mentioned of all involved would be better. If people start threads wishing any of them luck they will always be others who have the opposite opinion and it starts all over again.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 19:42   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
ok ta fer explaining sparkie, i personally cannot forgive the example he set to kids by making the bet, irrelevant its for or against, i agree he's served his penalty n wish no ill on him or his family, away from the club he disgraced, especially as Team Captain.
Fair play Cashy.
Old 02-04-2010, 19:46   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Shurm I don't doubt that they may have placed other bets before but I cant comment on those as i know nothing about them. I'm not nieve, just going with what I know about.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:43   #40

cashman let it go will you or you're going to make yourself ill... don't really get the problem now as he has done the time and is at another club tbh. I personally wish him all the best, also i would welcome him back with open arms

HE WAS AND STILL IS AN ACCRINGTON STANLEY LEGEND!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:27   #41
God Member

Quote:
so its ok fer a player to have a bet sparkie, so long as hes backing his team to win?.
In my opinion , YES, most definately.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01   #42
Super Moderator

OK, he's had his punishment and he deserves to be allowed to carry on with his career. I wish him all the best at Fleetwood, but if he returned to Stanley, it would be a complete Google Page Ranking disaster for the club. It's all very well for diehard fans to make the distinctions between his and the others' involvement in the case, but to the public at large, he will always be associated with this unsavoury episode during Stanley's darkest days. I thought we were supposed to be trying to "sell" the club to the local population? For crying out loud, let's wish him well and move on!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:01   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
OK, he's had his punishment and he deserves to be allowed to carry on with his career. I wish him all the best at Fleetwood, but if he returned to Stanley, it would be a complete Google Page Ranking disaster for the club. It's all very well for diehard fans to make the distinctions between his and the others' involvement in the case, but to the public at large, he will always be associated with this unsavoury episode during Stanley's darkest days. I thought we were supposed to be trying to "sell" the club to the local population? For crying out loud, let's wish him well and move on!
pity some aint bright enough to see that fact.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:02   #44

Re Cavanagh Return

I was shocked to read that Cavanagh had been signed by Fleetwood. If the management of Accrington have any thoughts of signing him for next season then they should let us know now before people buy there season tickets because I for one will not be getting mine!

Dont forget once a gambler always a gambler and that goes for Williams, Mannix, Harris and Mangham. I think the supporters of Accrington Stanley should be given this info on Cavanagh as Jimmy Bell would consider taking Cavanagh back. Anybody have an opinion?
kristo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 19:15   #45

win lose or drow he bet so kick this rubbish and look on to new season legaue two football ... feetwood town fc go and see him if all you love him that much bets a bet ... dun now
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..