Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2004, 17:19   #16

Re: Jonothan Smith

You've got a very good player in this young lad and i'm sure that he'll be in the first team again,

I've seen him on numerous occasions and his determination and overall contribution is to be admired.

Ade.
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2004, 08:07   #17

Spot on! Irrespective of anyone's opinion, Smithy played Conference football just last season and, in the last game particularly, to good effect. It would be illogical to think that some three months later he isn't up to it any longer. I only hope the lad doesn't read the message board himself or he might decide to stay with the somewhat less than mighty Barrow where (unbelievably) he seems to be much appreciated by their supporters as a Conference level player dropped from heaven in their midst.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 20:22   #18

Both Jonothan and our manager are keen to make the move permanent despite our poor start to the season.
Flitcroft was poor today but is also wanted permanently.

5-0? seems like yopu could have done with Smithy today! He is well appreciated by the fans who applaud every header and tackle he wins and he acknowledges the fans in return. Great player! He has come on a lot since he last played against Barrow when he was quite a dirty player, all elbows and niggling.
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 20:47   #19

Bluebird, has smithy actually said that he wishes to make a permanent move 2 barrow? I can understand your manager wanting him to but after agreeing to go full time with us, and no disrespect but i don't see why he would want to go part time again after that.
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 20:58   #20

I don't know about `yopu` but it looks like Stanley could certainly have benefited from playing Smithy today. "All elbows and niggling".....sounds like a Barra Barndance. Mind you, it seems so long since we played you I can't even remember what colour shirts you wear. Nevertheless, you've convinced me we need Smithy back at the IES pronto. But, then again, I never needed any convincing!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2004, 21:02   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
Nevertheless, you've convinced me we need Smithy back at the IES pronto. But, then again, I never needed any convincing!
Totally agree!
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 03:33   #22

"He has come on a lot since he last played against Barrow when he was quite a dirty player, all elbows and niggling."

Could it possibly be that he plays in exactly the same manner but for your side this season!?!?!?!?

Its amazing what the colour of a players shirt does when judging his ability!?!?!?
Old 22-08-2004, 10:38   #23

Wink Re: Jonothan Smith

Our manager claims Smith wants to sign, not sure about Flitcroft but then I don't think he's really what we need.
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 18:44   #24
God Member

There's no way Smithy would sign for Barrow when he's just achieved his dream of becoming a full time player - not too bothered about Flickers but I don't think he deserves to be left in Cumbria for too long
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 18:59   #25
Senior Member+

I've always liked Flickers and Smithy, want to see them both back at the IES soon and in the red shirt..................
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 18:47   #26
Full Member+

Just an update on the Smith situation. I don't know if folks have noticed, but not only is he still getting rave reports from Barrow, but they've now made him captain!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 19:53   #27
I am Banned

oh well he will soon be in a red shirt
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:49   #28
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Jonothan Smith

u know what ive got 2 say about this matter, get him back!!!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:26   #29
Resting In Peace

Looks like he is coming back, so if he plays we can all make our minds up
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:39   #30
God Member

About time too - welcome back Smithy!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..