Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 10:58   #31

Re: Predictions for Robins game

4-2 To Stanley for me please

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"
Old 08-05-2010, 13:14   #32

Smile Re: Predictions for Robins game

I reckon 2-1 Stanley today..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 13:31   #33
Senior Member+

2-1 to the stanley boys please jimbo and many thanks for all of your work in running the prediction league throughout the season. have a good summer
Old 08-05-2010, 13:58   #34
Senior Member+

Cheltenham 0 Stanley 1 please Jimbo. Thank you for all your efforts in running the game again
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 16:59   #35

Right then - this is going to be a big post so warnings to all.

Ive finally posted the final Prediction League table up for all to see but I will come to that last. Firstly I have got the usual catching up to do.

The first game that needed updating was the Dagenham away game way back on the 3rd April! OMG I hear you cry. Yep sorry folks! Now you might understand why its taken me a long time to get it finished!
Only one winner predicted a 3-1 Dagenham win, well done to Tommy McQueen for getting 5 points that day.

Next up for Accy and the prediction league was the Easter Monday home fixture with Grimsby on the 5th April. Needless to say no winners for that game and Grimps and yerself's posts were not valid for that game either - sorry.

Then it was the visit to Darlington on the 10th April - only cmonstanley correctly predicted a 0-0 draw and got the 5 points that week - well done squire.

After that was the home game on the Tuesday night (13th April) against Port Vale. 4 winners for that game predicting a 2-1 Vale win, well done to the following who all got 5 points on their totals : ukcowboy, VALAIRIAN, ossy kid and nige b. A couple of predictions that game didnt count either, Gribbsters and StanleyFan95's.

Then it was the turn of the scabby last minute robbing Welsh sheepshaggers to visit the Crown on the 17th April. Only Haggis316 correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Hereford and so got 5 points.

We are getting there people honest - sorry about this. Next was the forgetful truly revengeful 5-1 defeat to Crewe at Gresty Road on the 24th April. There were no winners that game surprise surprise but yerself and Outback Ozzy both came close.

Things then started looking up for Stanley - we had the 3rd attempt at playing Barnet at the Crown in the league this season on the Tuesday night (27th April) and the boys come good - a 1-0 Stanley win (lots of happy Grimsby fans at the time) and 3 people correctly predicted that final scoreline all gaining 5 points. Well done to SuperAccyStan, Revived Red and Grimps. slerpy's post didnt count for that game despite having 3 chances to correct it

Next up was the visit to the Crown by Chesterfield. Lots of happy Morecambe fans this time round as Stanley made it back to back wins with a 2-0 victory. 2 people correctly predicted this scoreline, a very flippant Chimer and Div3North - well done - 5 points were added to your totals.

Lastly we went to Whaddon Road and managed a 1-1 draw with Cheltenham. Only 1 person correctly predicted this final score and that was K.S.H - well done - 5 points were thrown in the direction of your total.

Right Im going to close this post off now as thats everyone up to date. I will start another in a minute about the winners this year etc.

Jimbo T blower

Old 24-05-2010, 17:30   #36

Ok Ive updated the Prediction League table to show the final standings. It can be found by clicking below or finding the thread called ASFC Prediction League Table 2009-2010 FINAL STANDINGS :

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ngs-53348.html

Not sure if Im allowed to post that link but I dont give a monkeys - Im sure if not, it will get deleted.

Anyway moving on. As you can all see I have a winner for this years competition to announce Many congrats to :

Shurm

Shurm finishes top on 83 points, 4 points clear of dabeast and gets a £20 Stanley store voucher. dabeast gets a £10 Stanley store voucher as the runner up. Well done to both of you - spend it wisely and I will be in touch with you both via PM's on how to claim your prizes

Can I just say thank you to everyone who played this year whether you posted 1 or 46 but I will give a special mention to the following people who managed a prediction for every game this year (all 46) helping the competition to be a success yet again : Shurm, deeayess, K.S.H, Redash, Wynonie Harris, Chimer and VALAIRIAN.

So thats that for another season. And for me, regrettably, for several different reasons, for good. I might come on now and again to read stuff on here but thats all from me. If someone else wishes to take up the Prediction League mantle for next season, its all yours.

Thanks for everything.....

Jimbo T blower

Old 24-05-2010, 17:50   #37
God Member

Exclamation Re: Predictions for Robins game

Sorry to hear that you will not be doing this again next year Jimbo Really hope that somebody takes up the reins next season, thanks for doing this in the past Jimbo

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 18:15   #38

Nice one that was a surprise, thats 2 in 3 years I didn't collect my prize last time either can I have a free shirt

Thanks Jimbo sorry to hear you won't be carrying it on next year thats a shame its been really good over the years having to remember my prediction even though I might have been in Goa seeing my folks and having to find an internet cafe .

Hope someone takes it up if not I would be willing to sort it but I think its better if a regular supporter does it really so I'm hoping someone comes along that wants to do it.

All the best Jimbo and thanks again for the years you have ran it pal.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 18:58   #39
Senior Member+

Thanks from me, Jimbo. Every good wish.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 23:15   #40
Full Member+

Thanks Jimbo and a shame you won't be carrying on - congrats shurm - was the lean spell that did it for me....too much optimism!!!
Old 24-05-2010, 23:22   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thanks Jimbo good luck. gave great enjoyment to many.
Old 25-05-2010, 09:18   #42
Senior Member+

Thanks Jimbo.

Fingers crossed somebody else can take up the mantle
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 12:42   #43
God Member

Can only echo what everyone else has said Jimbo, thanks for all your hard work on this over the years - see you soon chuck
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 13:42   #44

Shurm, dabeast, please check your PM's

Jimbo T blower

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..