Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2010, 16:52   #136

Re: Pitch

The control room isnt an issue at all. It is definatley the pitch.FACT.

From what i understand the control room that was above the changing room is being scrapped and a new purpose built structure will be built above the water tank.For the time being the old control box is located at the back of the coppice end.
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2010, 16:55   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Looking at that vid!! then no it hasn't jeff,surpost to be in the middle of away end
It is in the middle of the away end , its located behind the terrace at ground level.
Old 23-07-2010, 17:28   #138
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage butty View Post
The control room isnt an issue at all. It is definatley the pitch.FACT.

From what i understand the control room that was above the changing room is being scrapped and a new purpose built structure will be built above the water tank.For the time being the old control box is located at the back of the coppice end.
Am I missing something here? If the old control box is behind the Coppice End at ground level, then surely, it's not operational, as by its very nature, a control box should have a clear view of all parts of the ground? So we couldn't have played the Burnley game, anyway. The more important question is how the "new, purpose-built structure" is going to be built in just over two weeks?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 18:08   #139
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Am I missing something here? If the old control box is behind the Coppice End at ground level, then surely, it's not operational, as by its very nature, a control box should have a clear view of all parts of the ground? So we couldn't have played the Burnley game, anyway. The more important question is how the "new, purpose-built structure" is going to be built in just over two weeks?
Would it not have to have been built in the next few days if the pitch had been fit ?

Have they got planning permission for a new structure ?
Old 23-07-2010, 18:28   #140
God Member

All these questions could be posed at the season ticket collecting event next week - I think every single person who goes should, one by one, make a point of asking O'Neil (if indeed he's there) - maybe we could have a set list of questions for everyone to ask and them compare his answers, I'm willing to bet none of them would be the same
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 19:03   #141

Right as I have it the old contol box (which is at this moment in time sat at the back of the coppice end) will be located on top of a new portacabin in the middle of the coppice terrace for the time being, the new cabin will become the first aid room, the wiring for the cameras, turnstiles,telephone, computers etc is being run along with all the other services that are required as we speak.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 08:28   #142
Super Moderator

What's the betting that the two portacabins will still be there, being used for exactly the same thing in three years' time?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 10:02   #143

The control box is currently located on the floor and we have been instructed to run all cables to it and make everything operational.The cameras will give a general overview of the ground but not every inch.
Old 24-07-2010, 13:03   #144
Full Member+

I'm having a difficult time imagining a portacabin in the middle of the Coppice terrace with a control box on top of it.

There will need to be access to them for the people who will be working inside them, so does that mean the Coppice Terrace is effectively split in two for the away fans? Doesn't the location of these cabins in the terrace reduce our capacity further below the necessary 5,000?
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 13:05   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
I'm having a difficult time imagining a portacabin in the middle of the Coppice terrace with a control box on top of it.

There will need to be access to them for the people who will be working inside them, so does that mean the Coppice Terrace is effectively split in two for the away fans? Doesn't the location of these cabins in the terrace reduce our capacity further below the necessary 5,000?

It's not on the terrace, it's behind it
Old 24-07-2010, 13:12   #146
Full Member+

That makes sense

So the control room will not have visual access to the ground, only via cameras. I presume the police are happy with this.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 13:16   #147
God Member

Quote:
I presume the police are happy with this.
Yes they don't have to watch the football
Old 24-07-2010, 17:03   #148

Quote:
That makes sense

So the control room will not have visual access to the ground, only via cameras. I presume the police are happy with this.
No the control room will be on top of the new portacabin so in effect it will be above the level of the back wall of the copice end thus giving its inhabitants a view of the pitch.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 15:21   #149

Anyone seen Ceefax today? we are playing a Blackburn 1X next Sat 31st July kick off 1930, or is this a mistake? It seems funny it's only four days after we should have played Burnley. Maybe the pitch has made a sudden recovery, or is it the Police Box that will be up. Or maybe it's a mistake on the date, no doubt the two will tell us next week.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 06:24   #150
Senior Member+

Rovers 1st team will still be in Australia next week and there is nothing on their reserves fixture list.

Follow the links from
Blackburn Rovers | Match | Fixtures & Results | Fixtures, Results & Reports for details.

Strangely, for a Saturday match, the BBC have the kick-off as 19:30:
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Accrington | Fixtures
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..