Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 19:07   #241
God Member

Re: Pitch

Well done to all involved in helping secure the Safety Certificate

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2010, 20:14   #242
God Member

Yes, well done to those who helped out, and thankyou!!

I remain somewhat miffed that yet again its left to the last minute and yet again they only made it with the goodwill of a bunch of fans...............tin pot as usual.

Negative?........possibly, truthful?.......Most definatley

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 20:21   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I remain somewhat miffed that yet again its left to the last minute and yet again they only made it with the goodwill of a bunch of fans...............tin pot as usual.

As one who volunteers at our club, I feel almost the same.

Tin-pot, maybe, but would you have it any other way? Its why the clubs we support are in our blood, unlike the plastic premier league wanabees.

UP the Shots!
Shots Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 20:22   #244
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Yes, well done to those who helped out, and thankyou!!

Anxieties all allieviated....Thanks Lads !!

'ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 20:38   #245
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Anxieties all allieviated....Thanks Lads !!

'ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !'
I'm sure there'll be something else to worry about .... next week!
Old 06-08-2010, 20:51   #246

Would just like to say thanks to Jase and the boys for giving me a lift with the seats today really was an eleventh hour job to get them in as they only arrived yesterday and they needed to be put together, yes it has been a mad week and not every thing has been finished because other jobs kept cropping up, ie new shower facilities in the refs room, safety gates to be finished, new safety barrier at the left hand side of the coppice end welded up and bolted down by the DON himself.I must admit it has been a sterling effort by everyone involved the lads doing the painting, Micky V (you know who you are) Bill and Fran (Adam is an ultra) Harry has cleaned every seat in the stadium and everyone else who has been involved whether the involvment has been big or small .I really think a big thanks should also go to Buzzer who has worked his socks off to get the pitch ready ( at one time i thought the grass was growing faster than he could cut it) I must say at times the last three months has been a real slog and it felt as though it would never end but thanks to a great team we have got there and tomorrow is the big day, it only seems like yesterday we were marching through Cheltenham with flags aloft and now its time for the stanley bandwagon to roll on yet again. ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by stanley convert; 06-08-2010 at 20:54.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 20:55   #247
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shots Steve View Post
As one who volunteers at our club, I feel almost the same.

Tin-pot, maybe, but would you have it any other way? Its why the clubs we support are in our blood, unlike the plastic premier league wanabees.
Pretty much spot on Steve

So long as it works both ways

SFFS
Old 06-08-2010, 21:06   #248
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Would just like to say thanks to Jase and the boys for giving me a lift with the seats today really was an eleventh hour job to get them in as they only arrived yesterday and they needed to be put together, yes it has been a mad week and not every thing has been finished because other jobs kept cropping up, ie new shower facilities in the refs room, safety gates to be finished, new safety barrier at the left hand side of the coppice end welded up and bolted down by the DON himself.I must admit it has been a sterling effort by everyone involved the lads doing the painting, Micky V (you know who you are) Bill and Fran (Adam is an ultra) Harry has cleaned every seat in the stadium and everyone else who has been involved whether the involvment has been big or small .I really think a big thanks should also go to Buzzer who has worked his socks off to get the pitch ready ( at one time i thought the grass was growing faster than he could cut it) I must say at times the last three months has been a real slog and it felt as though it would never end but thanks to a great team we have got there and tomorrow is the big day, it only seems like yesterday we were marching through Cheltenham with flags aloft and now its time for the stanley bandwagon to roll on yet again. ON STANLEY ON
I can only echo your gratitude SC, and although my 'fanship' of Accrington Stanley doesn't amount to taking part in the sort of efforts you report upon in your post, I am nevertheless proud to be associated with those who went the extra mile today !!.
With Fans like them...and a Team managed by JC and JB , how can we possibly fail ??.

'ON STANLEY ON !!!....TO GREATER THINGS !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 21:09   #249
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I can only echo your gratitude SC, and although my 'fanship' of Accrington Stanley doesn't amount to taking part in the sort of efforts you report upon in your post, I am nevertheless proud to be associated with those who went the extra mile today !!.
With Fans like them...and a Team managed by JC and JB , how can we possibly fail ??.

'ON STANLEY ON !!!....TO GREATER THINGS !!'
echo everything yonmon says n probably only cos were owd gets n nearly knackered.
Old 06-08-2010, 21:50   #250
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Pretty much spot on Steve

So long as it works both ways
The first word I ever learned in German was einbahnstrasse. Ironic eh ?
Old 06-08-2010, 21:50   #251
God Member

Good job fan's who helped which ref have we got tommoz ? Ha ha ha. Had faith and got a ticket sorted. Cant wait
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 21:56   #252
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The first word I ever learned in German was einbahnstrasse. Ironic eh ?
Could have been worse if it had been a sackgasse

SFFS
Old 06-08-2010, 22:01   #253
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Good job fan's who helped which ref have we got tommoz ? Ha ha ha. Had faith and got a ticket sorted. Cant wait
Posted via Mobile Device
Referee is Jock Waugh from South Yorkshire. Looks like it's 1st time for a Stanley match
Old 06-08-2010, 22:02   #254
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Could have been worse if it had been a sackgasse
IN the present climate I would say thats more appropriate
Old 07-08-2010, 10:41   #255
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

But surely you're looking for "richtung Erfolg"

by the way Dave nice work, got the OSC card today. Thanks muchly.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..